Jump to topic:

Dec. 2015 DDO Election Interview Wylted/Thett

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 2:01:40 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
(Full Disclosure: I voted for Wylted in the election, which has just begun. However, this did not affect which questions were given to him in this interview, nor did I coach him in any way.)
Also, Thett's portion will come later on. For now, here is Wylted's portion.

Q: What are your main points of dissatisfaction with Bsh's current administration?
W: BSH1 has made a great president this far. I just offer something different. The difference being a complete focus on the religion forum while ignoring the rest of the site. The religious section isn't much different than the Arab Spring. It is a leverage point, and once the leverage point is taken advantage of, you'll see results everywhere.

The religious forum has a bunch of great contributors who if encouraged to branch out, will make DDO a better place by their mere presence, plus once they see how the rest of the site operates, perhaps they'll be a little less tolerant of the ignorance taking place in the forum, which overshadows their great contributions.

Q: So would you describe your appeal as being a representative of a thread that has been underrepresented in DDO's government?
W: My appeal is that I'm using system analysis to bring greater intellectual conversation to DDO. The religious forum is a leverage point in that system. If we get the better contributors over there to branch out a little bit, not only will those particular individuals be better for it, but DDO as a whole will also be better. There will obviously be better threads and they'll take our attitude over to the religious section and make that a better place as well.

So besides getting the religious section vote for making them a priority, I'm also getting the troll vote. The religious section has more regular contributors than the rest of DDO forums combined, and there are too many trolls to count. The very fact that I told people not to vote for me, has gaurunteed me an extra 5 or 6 votes from trolls.

Q: So, as president, what actions would you take to branch out these religious forum contributors to other forums?
W: I'm taking action now. My campaign is a long shot, so in order for a run to be worth it, the campaign itself must make a huge difference. I've encouraged the religious section to pool their votes together to get the first regular religion contributor to enter the Hall of fame. I've posted threads containing about 30 threads outside of the religion section that we're all recent and somehow related to religion, so that it would get some people to branch out more. I've encouraged them to create threads in other areas to get replies to religion topics that also fit in those areas, from people they don't hear from much. These tactics haven't really had much success so far, but hopefully persistence will pay off. The rest of DDO could help by occasionally visiting the religion section and posting intelligent things.

Going out of your way and making friends with people who post exclusively in the religion section, would help to draw intelligent people to other portions of the site as well.

I don't know if you noticed, but Mafia is kinda dying. The religion section could really help to bring a bunch of new blood into the game and save Mafia. It takes some effort from people other than me, though.

Q: But do you think you'll be able to do more as president?

W: Yes, I definitely think it will help me get wider support and lend credibility to my efforts. BSH1 has repeatedly made several good posts concerning why, so I won't get into it too much here.

Q: Understandable. I'd like to get back to what you said about your coalition of voters. The official election thread has just started. Do you feel that your coalition of religious forum users and trolls will be large enough to win the election? Or are there other demographics you are trying to appeal to?

W: I was just banking on those two. And the religious section probably won't hold up that well. I'm starting out a lot better than I thought I would, so that makes me happy
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 2:02:37 AM
I'd like to thank Wylted for agreeing to an interview on very short notice, and I, like the rest of the community, hope for an eventful and impactful election.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 2:04:06 AM
At 12/12/2015 2:02:37 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
I'd like to thank Wylted for agreeing to an interview on very short notice, and I, like the rest of the community, hope for an eventful and impactful election.

Thanks for the interview. The rest of the media seemed to be trying to lock me out.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 2:04:59 AM
At 12/12/2015 2:04:06 AM, Wylted wrote:

Thanks for the interview. The rest of the media seemed to be trying to lock me out.

Pro-tip#2, don't leave your interview until the last minute, especially when you've known well ahead of time when elections would start.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 2:11:35 AM
At 12/12/2015 2:04:59 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Pro-tip#2, don't leave your interview until the last minute, especially when you've known well ahead of time when elections would start.

I don't see any harm in waiting until the last minute, and I certainly don't think you're capable of running a campaign as effective as mine. I'm an extreme underdog going up against a very popular member who has done a fantastic job as president. this isn't easy, I'm not a win at all costs type of guy, so a late interview is really just so people have something interesting to read. The interview is by no means an attempt to win votes, merely to inform
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 2:17:50 AM
At 12/12/2015 2:11:35 AM, Wylted wrote:

I don't see any harm in waiting until the last minute, and I certainly don't think you're capable of running a campaign as effective as mine. I'm an extreme underdog going up against a very popular member who has done a fantastic job as president. this isn't easy, I'm not a win at all costs type of guy, so a late interview is really just so people have something interesting to read. The interview is by no means an attempt to win votes, merely to inform

You do know not desiring to win is not likely to increase your odds, don't you?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 2:19:25 AM
At 12/12/2015 2:17:50 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

You should read the interview to see why I ran.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 2:21:01 AM
At 12/12/2015 2:19:25 AM, Wylted wrote:

I did. It's all about that highly dubious theory of yours about a mystical leverage point in the religious forum.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 2:23:38 AM
At 12/12/2015 2:21:01 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I did. It's all about that highly dubious theory of yours about a mystical leverage point in the religious forum.

I'm not sure why I'm sensing hostility off of you, but I know I am. System analysis and indentifying leverage points is not voodoo. It's a science
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 2:25:39 AM
At 12/12/2015 2:23:38 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/12/2015 2:21:01 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I'm not sure why I'm sensing hostility off of you, but I know I am. System analysis and indentifying leverage points is not voodoo. It's a science

I never said they were voodoo. Systems analysis is a perfectly valid method of scientific study. That was never in question.

You're sensing hostility for reasons which would be inappropriate to discuss during the election.