Total Posts:101|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Presidency Eternal

EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 11:41:13 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
The DDO Presidency is many things.

It is the transference of a soft authority, vested by the community, to serve as an official ambassador between that same community and Juggle. But it is so much more than that. It is a symbol of DDO and all it stands for. The presidency has far more power than people commonly credit it with. The president shapes, not the rules, but the norms of the site. Because of his or her influence, the president can undertake matters like tournaments to a greater degree of success than any individual member can. This is why anyone believing individual members could do the same as a president are mistaken.

The DDO Presidency is not a joke.

It does not exist to amuse you. It is not a clickhole you can scroll along and chortle as you observe the president launching rape debate after child torture debate. Humor has a limited place in a meaningful position. The DDO presidency is not meaningless. It is not worthless. To treat it as such is to disgrace both DDO as a site and DDO as a community.

Troll runs are part of the electoral process. There used to be a whole underground troll election. I myself, along with Annie, engaged in a troll run at one time. This is fine. It's fun, it's innocent. But when so many serious and established members actively support a troll run, to the point where it actually overtakes not only a serious but an objectively better one - there is a problem. Previous elections have seen troll candidates gain a handful of votes. This was fine. But they were never competitive. This time, they are, even though they shouldn't be. One campaigned; one did not. One put out interviews and invited questions ahead of time; one procrastinated until after voting had started to even do an interview. Your personal enjoyment does not supersede the misery you'd cause the majority, the vast majority, of those who genuinely love this community and the people in it.

If Wylted was seriously running, I wouldn't have a problem with you voting for him. And even if he comes in here and replies to this to say he is, his actions speak louder, and they have screamed the reverse.

The DDO Presidency is the epitome of community. I have in the past, and will always continue to, defend DDO as a more genuine and caring community than many real life ones. I am deeply disappointed, not in any one individual, but in the collection of reputable users who have chosen to unite in defiance of that community. Who have chosen to mock and ridicule and spit at everything we stand for.

Yet I love you.

I love everything about DDO. I always have. I always will.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 1:07:38 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Why don't you debate me over whether I'm making a mockery of the office, or people were wrong to vote for me, or that this is a troll campaign.

I'm sick of seeing you personally attack my honor and say stupid ridiculous things about me and my campaign that is simply unfounded.

I have massive support for a reason, and frankly I would not run if I didn't think I could do a better job than BSH1. That's not to say he wasn't a great president, he was and is. It is merely to say that I think I could do more good than he does.

You being my most vocal and direct critic need to either debate me on this or just shut up.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 1:19:29 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 1:07:38 PM, Wylted wrote:
Why don't you debate me over whether I'm making a mockery of the office, or people were wrong to vote for me, or that this is a troll campaign.

Happily.

I'm sick of seeing you personally attack my honor and say stupid ridiculous things about me and my campaign that is simply unfounded.

I have massive support for a reason, and frankly I would not run if I didn't think I could do a better job than BSH1. That's not to say he wasn't a great president, he was and is. It is merely to say that I think I could do more good than he does.

You being my most vocal and direct critic need to either debate me on this or just shut up.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 1:23:01 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 1:19:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/12/2015 1:07:38 PM, Wylted wrote:
Why don't you debate me over whether I'm making a mockery of the office, or people were wrong to vote for me, or that this is a troll campaign.

Happily.

Okay loser, send the challenge, and if it is written in a cowardly way giving me no room to argue, I'll decline it and send you one

I'm sick of seeing you personally attack my honor and say stupid ridiculous things about me and my campaign that is simply unfounded.

I have massive support for a reason, and frankly I would not run if I didn't think I could do a better job than BSH1. That's not to say he wasn't a great president, he was and is. It is merely to say that I think I could do more good than he does.

You being my most vocal and direct critic need to either debate me on this or just shut up.
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:12:56 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Tell me -- what sort of horrible things do you think would happen if Wylted was elected?
We wouldn't have the biweekly updates anymore? No more "forum revival program"? Oh the horror...
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:16:32 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:12:56 PM, Romanii wrote:
Tell me -- what sort of horrible things do you think would happen if Wylted was elected?
We wouldn't have the biweekly updates anymore? No more "forum revival program"? Oh the horror...

I think the official face of DDO would become rape debate after child torture debate after let's-make-fun-of-people-about-to-jump-off-bridges debate.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:17:58 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 11:41:13 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
The DDO Presidency is many things.

It is the transference of a soft authority, vested by the community, to serve as an official ambassador between that same community and Juggle. But it is so much more than that. It is a symbol of DDO and all it stands for. The presidency has far more power than people commonly credit it with. The president shapes, not the rules, but the norms of the site. Because of his or her influence, the president can undertake matters like tournaments to a greater degree of success than any individual member can. This is why anyone believing individual members could do the same as a president are mistaken.

The DDO Presidency is not a joke.

It does not exist to amuse you. It is not a clickhole you can scroll along and chortle as you observe the president launching rape debate after child torture debate. Humor has a limited place in a meaningful position. The DDO presidency is not meaningless. It is not worthless. To treat it as such is to disgrace both DDO as a site and DDO as a community.

Troll runs are part of the electoral process. There used to be a whole underground troll election. I myself, along with Annie, engaged in a troll run at one time. This is fine. It's fun, it's innocent. But when so many serious and established members actively support a troll run, to the point where it actually overtakes not only a serious but an objectively better one - there is a problem. Previous elections have seen troll candidates gain a handful of votes. This was fine. But they were never competitive. This time, they are, even though they shouldn't be. One campaigned; one did not. One put out interviews and invited questions ahead of time; one procrastinated until after voting had started to even do an interview. Your personal enjoyment does not supersede the misery you'd cause the majority, the vast majority, of those who genuinely love this community and the people in it.

If Wylted was seriously running, I wouldn't have a problem with you voting for him. And even if he comes in here and replies to this to say he is, his actions speak louder, and they have screamed the reverse.

The DDO Presidency is the epitome of community. I have in the past, and will always continue to, defend DDO as a more genuine and caring community than many real life ones. I am deeply disappointed, not in any one individual, but in the collection of reputable users who have chosen to unite in defiance of that community. Who have chosen to mock and ridicule and spit at everything we stand for.

Yet I love you.

I love everything about DDO. I always have. I always will.

Wylted actually asked me to interview him the day after he announced he was running, but I completely forgot to do it...
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:19:27 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:17:58 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 12/12/2015 11:41:13 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
The DDO Presidency is many things.

It is the transference of a soft authority, vested by the community, to serve as an official ambassador between that same community and Juggle. But it is so much more than that. It is a symbol of DDO and all it stands for. The presidency has far more power than people commonly credit it with. The president shapes, not the rules, but the norms of the site. Because of his or her influence, the president can undertake matters like tournaments to a greater degree of success than any individual member can. This is why anyone believing individual members could do the same as a president are mistaken.

The DDO Presidency is not a joke.

It does not exist to amuse you. It is not a clickhole you can scroll along and chortle as you observe the president launching rape debate after child torture debate. Humor has a limited place in a meaningful position. The DDO presidency is not meaningless. It is not worthless. To treat it as such is to disgrace both DDO as a site and DDO as a community.

Troll runs are part of the electoral process. There used to be a whole underground troll election. I myself, along with Annie, engaged in a troll run at one time. This is fine. It's fun, it's innocent. But when so many serious and established members actively support a troll run, to the point where it actually overtakes not only a serious but an objectively better one - there is a problem. Previous elections have seen troll candidates gain a handful of votes. This was fine. But they were never competitive. This time, they are, even though they shouldn't be. One campaigned; one did not. One put out interviews and invited questions ahead of time; one procrastinated until after voting had started to even do an interview. Your personal enjoyment does not supersede the misery you'd cause the majority, the vast majority, of those who genuinely love this community and the people in it.

If Wylted was seriously running, I wouldn't have a problem with you voting for him. And even if he comes in here and replies to this to say he is, his actions speak louder, and they have screamed the reverse.

The DDO Presidency is the epitome of community. I have in the past, and will always continue to, defend DDO as a more genuine and caring community than many real life ones. I am deeply disappointed, not in any one individual, but in the collection of reputable users who have chosen to unite in defiance of that community. Who have chosen to mock and ridicule and spit at everything we stand for.

Yet I love you.

I love everything about DDO. I always have. I always will.

Wylted actually asked me to interview him the day after he announced he was running, but I completely forgot to do it...

Oh? I'd like to see that message.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:22:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 11:41:13 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
The DDO Presidency is many things.
Sure. :(

It is the transference of a soft authority, vested by the community, to serve as an official ambassador between that same community and Juggle.
That has worked out so well, has it not? Puh-lease. :)

But it is so much more than that. It is a symbol of DDO and all it stands for. The presidency has far more power than people commonly credit it with. The president shapes, not the rules, but the norms of the site.
That's not true in any way whatsoever.

Because of his or her influence, the president can undertake matters like tournaments to a greater degree of success than any individual member can. This is why anyone believing individual members could do the same as a president are mistaken.
Yes, they could. All that would be required is for the moderator to communicate with other members and set the standards.

The DDO Presidency is not a joke.
It actually is. :)
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:24:55 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:22:08 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
If caring about people is sad, then yes.
The site worked perfectly well without a president (heck, even very well without active moderation). Whatever bsh1 does isn't made possible just because he's president. Could he not run tournaments by Airmax' permission? Could he not sort out debating guides? Etc? F*ck off, of course he can. This is a position suited for him only by the status, not the actual function. He's pretentious, egoistic, and selfish, and that's why he wants the role.

You're so sad. :)
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:25:06 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:22:59 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/12/2015 11:41:13 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
The DDO Presidency is many things.
Sure. :(

It is the transference of a soft authority, vested by the community, to serve as an official ambassador between that same community and Juggle.
That has worked out so well, has it not? Puh-lease. :)

It has in many cases, yes.

But it is so much more than that. It is a symbol of DDO and all it stands for. The presidency has far more power than people commonly credit it with. The president shapes, not the rules, but the norms of the site.
That's not true in any way whatsoever.

That's exactly true in every way.

Because of his or her influence, the president can undertake matters like tournaments to a greater degree of success than any individual member can. This is why anyone believing individual members could do the same as a president are mistaken.
Yes, they could. All that would be required is for the moderator to communicate with other members and set the standards.

No, they couldn't. The president is the only one with the powers of legitimacy.

The DDO Presidency is not a joke.
It actually is. :)

It actually isn't.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:25:08 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:19:27 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:17:58 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 12/12/2015 11:41:13 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
The DDO Presidency is many things.

It is the transference of a soft authority, vested by the community, to serve as an official ambassador between that same community and Juggle. But it is so much more than that. It is a symbol of DDO and all it stands for. The presidency has far more power than people commonly credit it with. The president shapes, not the rules, but the norms of the site. Because of his or her influence, the president can undertake matters like tournaments to a greater degree of success than any individual member can. This is why anyone believing individual members could do the same as a president are mistaken.

The DDO Presidency is not a joke.

It does not exist to amuse you. It is not a clickhole you can scroll along and chortle as you observe the president launching rape debate after child torture debate. Humor has a limited place in a meaningful position. The DDO presidency is not meaningless. It is not worthless. To treat it as such is to disgrace both DDO as a site and DDO as a community.

Troll runs are part of the electoral process. There used to be a whole underground troll election. I myself, along with Annie, engaged in a troll run at one time. This is fine. It's fun, it's innocent. But when so many serious and established members actively support a troll run, to the point where it actually overtakes not only a serious but an objectively better one - there is a problem. Previous elections have seen troll candidates gain a handful of votes. This was fine. But they were never competitive. This time, they are, even though they shouldn't be. One campaigned; one did not. One put out interviews and invited questions ahead of time; one procrastinated until after voting had started to even do an interview. Your personal enjoyment does not supersede the misery you'd cause the majority, the vast majority, of those who genuinely love this community and the people in it.

If Wylted was seriously running, I wouldn't have a problem with you voting for him. And even if he comes in here and replies to this to say he is, his actions speak louder, and they have screamed the reverse.

The DDO Presidency is the epitome of community. I have in the past, and will always continue to, defend DDO as a more genuine and caring community than many real life ones. I am deeply disappointed, not in any one individual, but in the collection of reputable users who have chosen to unite in defiance of that community. Who have chosen to mock and ridicule and spit at everything we stand for.

Yet I love you.

I love everything about DDO. I always have. I always will.

Wylted actually asked me to interview him the day after he announced he was running, but I completely forgot to do it...

Oh? I'd like to see that message.

Ok, I don't think I can send pics in a pm (would screen shot it) so email it?
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:26:05 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:25:06 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:22:59 PM, Mirza wrote:
Yes, they could. All that would be required is for the moderator to communicate with other members and set the standards.

No, they couldn't. The president is the only one with the powers of legitimacy.
Hmmm. You actually may be righ- ahaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Glad I had no fluid in my mouth. :)
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:26:46 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:16:32 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:12:56 PM, Romanii wrote:
Tell me -- what sort of horrible things do you think would happen if Wylted was elected?
We wouldn't have the biweekly updates anymore? No more "forum revival program"? Oh the horror...

I think the official face of DDO would become rape debate after child torture debate after let's-make-fun-of-people-about-to-jump-off-bridges debate.

Do you really view bsh1 as our "official face"? I see airmax as fitting that role much more. The percentage of bsh1's posts that are directly presidency-related is way way lower than the precentage of airmax's posts that are moderation-related. Anyways, the issue of who our "official face" is is especially insignificant considering that our homepage -- the thing new members are actually gonna see -- seems to think that negative time exists.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:27:04 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:24:55 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:22:08 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
If caring about people is sad, then yes.
The site worked perfectly well without a president (heck, even very well without active moderation). Whatever bsh1 does isn't made possible just because he's president. Could he not run tournaments by Airmax' permission? Could he not sort out debating guides? Etc? F*ck off, of course he can. This is a position suited for him only by the status, not the actual function. He's pretentious, egoistic, and selfish, and that's why he wants the role.

This, Mirza, is why people so often have a problem with the things you say. The presidency has powers beyond a normal member precisely because of representation. Legitimacy. To deny the symbolic and psychological connotations and meanings of that is pointless. bsh and even Airmax himself has written valiant threads on the necessity of the presidency.

You're so sad. :)
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:28:16 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:26:46 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:16:32 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:12:56 PM, Romanii wrote:
Tell me -- what sort of horrible things do you think would happen if Wylted was elected?
We wouldn't have the biweekly updates anymore? No more "forum revival program"? Oh the horror...

I think the official face of DDO would become rape debate after child torture debate after let's-make-fun-of-people-about-to-jump-off-bridges debate.

Do you really view bsh1 as our "official face"? I see airmax as fitting that role much more. The percentage of bsh1's posts that are directly presidency-related is way way lower than the precentage of airmax's posts that are moderation-related. Anyways, the issue of who our "official face" is is especially insignificant considering that our homepage -- the thing new members are actually gonna see -- seems to think that negative time exists.

Bsh is elected. Airmax was not. That will always give the president greater representative power than the moderator.
The "homepage" is a relatively new issue.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:29:04 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:26:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:25:06 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:22:59 PM, Mirza wrote:
Yes, they could. All that would be required is for the moderator to communicate with other members and set the standards.

No, they couldn't. The president is the only one with the powers of legitimacy.
Hmmm. You actually may be righ- ahaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Glad I had no fluid in my mouth. :)

You may have the same challenge I made Romanii. Resolved: The DDO Presidency should be abolished. You're PRO.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:29:23 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:27:04 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
This, Mirza, is why people so often have a problem with the things you say. The presidency has powers beyond a normal member precisely because of representation. Legitimacy. To deny the symbolic and psychological connotations and meanings of that is pointless. bsh and even Airmax himself has written valiant threads on the necessity of the presidency.
Airmax can delegate whatever important tasks there are to people fit for the roles, and it would have the same psychological effect. I've supported the presidency myself before for the reason you bring up, but the alternative is for the moderator to appoint a few people. He could have bsh1 supervise tournaments, for instance. What's the problem?

Tell me where the president has been important in the psychological realm anyway; what he has done as president that was more effective only because he had that role. lol
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:30:18 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:28:16 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:26:46 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:16:32 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:12:56 PM, Romanii wrote:
Tell me -- what sort of horrible things do you think would happen if Wylted was elected?
We wouldn't have the biweekly updates anymore? No more "forum revival program"? Oh the horror...

I think the official face of DDO would become rape debate after child torture debate after let's-make-fun-of-people-about-to-jump-off-bridges debate.

Do you really view bsh1 as our "official face"? I see airmax as fitting that role much more. The percentage of bsh1's posts that are directly presidency-related is way way lower than the precentage of airmax's posts that are moderation-related. Anyways, the issue of who our "official face" is is especially insignificant considering that our homepage -- the thing new members are actually gonna see -- seems to think that negative time exists.

Bsh is elected. Airmax was not. That will always give the president greater representative power than the moderator.
The "homepage" is a relatively new issue.

Let's make a poll.
"Who do you view more as your leader -- bsh1 or airmax?"

I can guarantee you what the result will be, and by a wide margin.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:30:45 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:29:23 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:27:04 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
This, Mirza, is why people so often have a problem with the things you say. The presidency has powers beyond a normal member precisely because of representation. Legitimacy. To deny the symbolic and psychological connotations and meanings of that is pointless. bsh and even Airmax himself has written valiant threads on the necessity of the presidency.
Airmax can delegate whatever important tasks there are to people fit for the roles, and it would have the same psychological effect. I've supported the presidency myself before for the reason you bring up, but the alternative is for the moderator to appoint a few people. He could have bsh1 supervise tournaments, for instance. What's the problem?

Any delegation Airmax makes destroys the legitimacy of democracy.

Tell me where the president has been important in the psychological realm anyway; what he has done as president that was more effective only because he had that role. lol

Tournaments, forum revivals, the voting changes a few terms ago, the increased profile options...I could go on.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:33:38 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:30:18 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:28:16 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:26:46 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:16:32 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:12:56 PM, Romanii wrote:
Tell me -- what sort of horrible things do you think would happen if Wylted was elected?
We wouldn't have the biweekly updates anymore? No more "forum revival program"? Oh the horror...

I think the official face of DDO would become rape debate after child torture debate after let's-make-fun-of-people-about-to-jump-off-bridges debate.

Do you really view bsh1 as our "official face"? I see airmax as fitting that role much more. The percentage of bsh1's posts that are directly presidency-related is way way lower than the precentage of airmax's posts that are moderation-related. Anyways, the issue of who our "official face" is is especially insignificant considering that our homepage -- the thing new members are actually gonna see -- seems to think that negative time exists.

Bsh is elected. Airmax was not. That will always give the president greater representative power than the moderator.
The "homepage" is a relatively new issue.

Let's make a poll.
"Who do you view more as your leader -- bsh1 or airmax?"

I can guarantee you what the result will be, and by a wide margin.

I think that would depend on how you defined leader. As president, bsh1's plans and changes gian traction to both Airmax and Juggle. It is centralized, organized, and thousands of times more efficient than any individual could be alone.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:33:53 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:30:45 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Any delegation Airmax makes destroys the legitimacy of democracy.
And? He's far more capable of choosing the right person for tasks than are people who just come here to vote.

Tournaments, forum revivals, the voting changes a few terms ago, the increased profile options...I could go on.
None of this is made better by the president. I can arrange with a few people activities that will try to revive forums. Why does the president make a better impact just because he's a president? Why does the president run tournaments better just because he's the president?

lol

You're sadder by the minute. :)
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:35:52 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:33:53 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:30:45 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Any delegation Airmax makes destroys the legitimacy of democracy.
And? He's far more capable of choosing the right person for tasks than are people who just come here to vote.

Arguable.

Tournaments, forum revivals, the voting changes a few terms ago, the increased profile options...I could go on.
None of this is made better by the president. I can arrange with a few people activities that will try to revive forums. Why does the president make a better impact just because he's a president? Why does the president run tournaments better just because he's the president?

Except only the president's have ever worked. He does everything better because of his perceived legitimacy and reputation.

lol

You're sadder by the minute. :)
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:39:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:35:52 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Arguable.
No, it isn't. Airmax has a lot of experience and knowledge relevant to the site's functions, and he has proven to be capable of appointing individuals for important tasks. See voting moderation for one. If you think bsh1's spamming of PM's to random people makes him in any way a more legitimate candidate than someone appointed by Max, you're stupid.

Except only the president's have ever worked.
...?

He does everything better because of his perceived legitimacy and reputation.
Bullsh!t. Nobody posts in forums just because bsh1 wants them to. Nobody participates in tournaments just because bsh1 runs them. We can let Max appoint tournament supervisors. Forum supervisors. Anything you want. The "president" is unnecessary. The only good thing from it would be communication between Juggle and us, which has not happened. Bsh1 has made nothing out of that.

Go to bed, retard.
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:39:49 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Honestly Endark, I'd agree with you if it was 2013, but the last time the president made any significant change was TUF increasing gender options and his implementation of the select winner system. Should Juggle get more involved with DDO again, I'll take the presidency more seriously, but for now my vote is exactly where I want it.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:40:22 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:39:33 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/12/2015 3:35:52 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Arguable.
No, it isn't. Airmax has a lot of experience and knowledge relevant to the site's functions, and he has proven to be capable of appointing individuals for important tasks. See voting moderation for one. If you think bsh1's spamming of PM's to random people makes him in any way a more legitimate candidate than someone appointed by Max, you're stupid.

Except only the president's have ever worked.
...?

He does everything better because of his perceived legitimacy and reputation.
Bullsh!t. Nobody posts in forums just because bsh1 wants them to. Nobody participates in tournaments just because bsh1 runs them. We can let Max appoint tournament supervisors. Forum supervisors. Anything you want. The "president" is unnecessary. The only good thing from it would be communication between Juggle and us, which has not happened. Bsh1 has made nothing out of that.

Go to bed, retard.

Post 19, Mirza. Pawn up or shut up.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:40:34 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:39:49 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Honestly Endark, I'd agree with you if it was 2013, but the last time the president made any significant change was TUF increasing gender options and his implementation of the select winner system. Should Juggle get more involved with DDO again, I'll take the presidency more seriously, but for now my vote is exactly where I want it.
Even if Juggle are involved, all we need to do is ask Airmax to transmit our wishes to them. lol
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 3:41:09 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 3:39:49 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Honestly Endark, I'd agree with you if it was 2013, but the last time the president made any significant change was TUF increasing gender options and his implementation of the select winner system. Should Juggle get more involved with DDO again, I'll take the presidency more seriously, but for now my vote is exactly where I want it.

Why discard all of the president's soft power, Seventh?