Jump to topic:

Concerning the Presidential Election

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 10:30:27 AM
Posted: 12 months ago

Let me say how grateful I am to all those who supported me and supported the cause for which we have fought. I feel a deep gratitude for those who brought passion and high purpose to our partnership, not just for our campaign but for DDO.

This has been an extraordinary election. But in one unforeseen path, this belatedly broken impasse can point us all to a new common ground, for its very closeness can serve to remind us that we are one people with a shared history and a shared destiny. Indeed, that history gives us many examples of contests as hotly debated, as fiercely fought, with their own challenges to the popular will. Other disputes have dragged on for weeks before reaching resolution. And each time, both the victor and the vanquished have accepted the result peacefully and in a spirit of reconciliation.

So let it be with us.

I know that many of my supporters are disappointed. I am too. But our disappointment must be overcome by our love of DDO.

And I say to our fellow members of the DDO community, let no one see this contest as a sign of Debate.org's weakness. The strength of DDO democracy is shown most clearly through the difficulties it can overcome. Some have expressed concern that the unusual nature of this election (or any of those before it) might hamper the next president in the conduct of his office. I do not believe it need be so.

Bsh continue his presidency with members still ready to assist him in the conduct of his responsibilities. I, personally, will be at his disposal, and I call on all members of DDO -- I particularly urge all who stood with us -- to unite behind our president. This is DDO. Just as we fight hard when the stakes are high, we close ranks and come together when the contest is done. And while there will be time enough to debate our continuing differences, now is the time to recognize that that which unites us is greater than that which divides us. While we yet hold and do not yield our opposing beliefs, there is a higher duty than the one we owe to any factional disagreements. This is DDO and we put it before our contentions; we will stand together behind our new president.

Finally, I wish to congratulate Bsh1. You have been a fine president, and I am confident that the great character and efforts you have shown will remain consistently so in your next term.

Thank You
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 12:18:32 PM
At 12/14/2015 10:30:27 AM, Wylted wrote:

lmfao.

I see what you did there.

Beautiful.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 12:25:14 PM
Ohhhh, that took me a second. I wondered why you took Al Gore's speech: it's because Ralph Nader fcked him, in the same way vi_spex/Mirza/etc. did you, lollollollolol.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:39:14 PM
At 12/14/2015 12:25:14 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Ohhhh, that took me a second. I wondered why you took Al Gore's speech: it's because Ralph Nader fcked him, in the same way vi_spex/Mirza/etc. did you, lollollollolol.

Oh my god, I didn't even notice that he copied the speech. That's just great.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:39:36 PM
At 12/14/2015 1:39:14 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

Oh my god, I didn't even notice that he copied the speech. That's just great.

IKR!

DDO's Economics Messiah
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:47:14 PM

Fun fact:

Al Gore served in Vietnam to try and get his father reelected to the Senate.

It failed.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:47:59 PM
At 12/14/2015 1:47:14 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Fun fact:

It failed.

I didn't know that. Sounds like quite a facepalm.

DDO's Economics Messiah
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 4:23:59 PM
You ran a great campaign Wylted, and it was an exciting election. You should certainly be proud that you did as well as you did. Good luck in your efforts if you decide to run again.
Debate.org Moderator
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 4:31:33 PM
At 12/14/2015 1:47:59 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:47:14 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Fun fact:

It failed.

I didn't know that. Sounds like quite a facepalm.

Al Gore's whole political career is practically electoral nightmares.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 12:12:02 AM
At 12/14/2015 4:23:59 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
You ran a great campaign Wylted, and it was an exciting election. You should certainly be proud that you did as well as you did. Good luck in your efforts if you decide to run again.

Thanks, I appreciate that, as well as all the efforts you put into moderating it fairly