Need votes? Just ask!

wipefeetnmat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 5:03:13 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
Hey guys!

I have plenty of free time at school so if you need someone to vote on your debate just send me a DM.

I will do my best to vote on every debate but if the subject matter goes over my head I most likely respond with a "Pass" in the comments.
Use logic. Get win. Simple as that.
EvangilisticOmega
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 6:37:40 PM
At 12/14/2015 5:03:13 PM, wipefeetnmat wrote:
Hey guys!

I have plenty of free time at school so if you need someone to vote on your debate just send me a DM.

I will do my best to vote on every debate but if the subject matter goes over my head I most likely respond with a "Pass" in the comments.

Can we just post them here?
EvangelisticOmega

Words are nothing without action.
wipefeetnmat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 7:22:13 PM
At 12/14/2015 6:37:40 PM, EvangilisticOmega wrote:
Can we just post them here?

Fine by me.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 7:55:46 PM

Thanks! :)

[http://www.debate.org...]
[http://www.debate.org...]
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Balacafa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 8:19:28 PM
Hey guys!

Do you mind voting here: http://www.debate.org...

My opponent foreited (which is against the rules, and then said that this debate should not be voted on and left as a tie when I never agreed to this.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:00:17 PM
At 12/14/2015 8:20:29 PM, Zaradi wrote:
I'll also try to get to these.

Sweet, thanks :D
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:02:40 PM
At 12/14/2015 8:19:28 PM, Balacafa wrote:
Hey guys!

My opponent foreited (which is against the rules, and then said that this debate should not be voted on and left as a tie when I never agreed to this.

By renewing the debate, and instigating it again, you effectively agree to discard this debate.
Balacafa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:13:08 PM
At 12/14/2015 9:02:40 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Hey guys!

By renewing the debate, and instigating it again, you effectively agree to discard this debate.

We did that because of the ff glitch. I was reluctant but I was doing it for 4000 elo and I didn't want my elo to go too high above 4000 otherwise the debate timing would be odd. Furthermore, I had a lot of time at that point but knew that I'd have a lot of work later on during the next few months so setting up the debate again was the most convenient option for me.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:45:21 PM
At 12/14/2015 9:13:08 PM, Balacafa wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:02:40 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Hey guys!

We did that because of the ff glitch. I was reluctant but I was doing it for 4000 elo and I didn't want my elo to go too high above 4000 otherwise the debate timing would be odd. Furthermore, I had a lot of time at that point but knew that I'd have a lot of work later on during the next few months so setting up the debate again was the most convenient option for me.

...so then why are we voting on the old debate again?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
wipefeetnmat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 3:55:55 AM
I got through as many as I could today. If I did not get to yours I will do those first tomorrow.
Balacafa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 3:49:53 PM
At 12/14/2015 9:45:21 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Because it is unfair that whiteflame got an extra 2 weeks whilst we got the debate reset to make his case. He failed to post on time and to leave this debate tied is to permit forfeiture on this site. He still made a violation of the rules of the debate.
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:35:40 PM
Hey guys!

Bala, we discussed this. First, you promised by message to me personally and at least once in the comments that the debate would be either reset or deleted. After repeated posts to your profile, and repeated promises by you to get it deleted, you have still failed to get it deleted. Second, in the comments, you said that you would allow the round to be posted in the comments and the debate to continue. This new fixation with the rules was never remarked over the course of any of our conversations. Third, I agreed to rehash the debate as we did under the stipulation that this debate either receive no votes or be deleted. So while you're right that you never agreed to have no voting on this debate, you agreed to far larger interventions, and if you get someone to vote on this debate as you're trying to do, I'll inform Airmax of these conversations and get the debate removed, as we agreed.
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:38:30 PM
At 12/15/2015 3:49:53 PM, Balacafa wrote:

Because it is unfair that whiteflame got an extra 2 weeks whilst we got the debate reset to make his case. He failed to post on time and to leave this debate tied is to permit forfeiture on this site. He still made a violation of the rules of the debate.

For the record, you got those same extra 2 weeks, because the entire argument you were responding to was posted in the comments. And, also for the record, the only reason it took an extra 2 weeks was because you wanted to delay for personal reasons. I was ready to restart the debate the day it happened, and every day thereafter. As I recall, I had to remind you about the whole thing several times in the days after you'd stated it would be done.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:46:45 PM
At 12/15/2015 3:49:53 PM, Balacafa wrote:

"I'll get it removed after the voting period of our current one" =/= "My opponent foreited (which is against the rules, and then said that this debate should not be voted on and left as a tie when I never agreed to this."

Let it go. You, by assuring you would delete the debate, agreed that there would be no votes.
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:53:44 PM
At 12/15/2015 5:48:39 PM, wipefeetnmat wrote:
@whiteflame @Balacafa Is this really the place to be arguing this? Just saying.

It isn't. You're quite right. But considering that Bala decided to publicly solicit votes, I felt the need to explain this publicly. Any further communication by me aimed at Balacafa will happen elsewhere.
wipefeetnmat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 6:30:37 PM
At 12/15/2015 5:53:44 PM, whiteflame wrote:

It isn't. You're quite right. But considering that Bala decided to publicly solicit votes, I felt the need to explain this publicly. Any further communication by me aimed at Balacafa will happen elsewhere.

Thank you. :)
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 6:39:06 PM
At 12/15/2015 6:30:37 PM, wipefeetnmat wrote:

No problem. And thanks for opening yourself up to voting on so many debates. I know people appreciate the effort.
wipefeetnmat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 10:23:07 PM
At 12/15/2015 6:39:06 PM, whiteflame wrote:
At 12/15/2015 6:30:37 PM, wipefeetnmat wrote:

No problem. And thanks for opening yourself up to voting on so many debates. I know people appreciate the effort.

It seemed a shame to me that so many good debates were going without votes so I figured I would take things into my own hands.
wipefeetnmat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 1:38:02 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 8:33:59 PM, wipefeetnmat wrote:
At 12/16/2015 2:26:29 PM, wipefeetnmat wrote:
Bump.

Bump.

Bump.