Jump to topic:

DDO Page Transition Problem

Toad-Uoff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:36:39 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
When you reply to a thread discussion, if the thread has already achieved enough replies to have more than a page-full of replies (20 per page), after you reply, you end-up back at the first page, instead of ending up at the end of the thread and the reason for that is because the Owner of DDO has not properly setup the forum, via tweaking the controls in the Administrator's Control Panel properly.

Whoever is the Owner of this place, will you PLEASE tweak the Page Transition element of this Forum's Webware Control Panel and make it where we always end-up at the end of the thread, after we submit our reply. That's the common considerate way of doing it, otherwise, continue to be inconsiderate of your children's needs.

It's stupid to set the Page Transition to take the replier back to the beginning of the discussion, instead of keeping them WITH the discussion and it also ties-up bandwidth by causing needless page-transition that has to be UNDONE by the replier, by clicking on the LAST PAGE link to take them BACK to the Discussion, when the Webware will do that ALL BY ITSELF, if programmed to do so.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible but NOT BEYOND NECESSITY." - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit :)
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:43:35 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 9:36:39 PM, Toad-Uoff wrote:
When you reply to a thread discussion, if the thread has already achieved enough replies to have more than a page-full of replies (30 per page), after you reply, you end-up back at the first page, instead of ending up at the end of the thread and the reason for that is because the Owner of DDO has not properly setup the forum, via tweaking the controls in the Administrator's Control Panel properly.

Whoever is the Owner of this place, will you PLEASE tweak the Page Transition element of this Forum's Webware Control Panel and make it where we always end-up at the end of the thread, after we submit our reply. That's the common considerate way of doing it, otherwise, continue to be inconsiderate of your children's needs.

It's stupid to set the Page Transition to take the replier back to the beginning of the discussion, instead of keeping them WITH the discussion and it also ties-up bandwidth by causing needless page-transition that has to be UNDONE by the replier, by clicking on the LAST PAGE link to take them BACK to the Discussion, when the Webware will do that ALL BY ITSELF, if programmed to do so.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible but NOT BEYOND NECESSITY." - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit :)

For all your DDO needs, contact Juggle. [http://www.juggle.com...]
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW