Total Posts:41|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Farewell Everyone

Mirrza
Posts: 36
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 4:51:07 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Hello everyone.

It has been a few years since I joined this site, and now the time has come for me to leave. For a community to which I have not, in the latest months, been very nice, it may come as a surprise to you that I would give my heartfelt goodbye. But, I do want to. Many of you, even if you may not know it, have been very good experiences for me. You have treated me kindly, supported me, and generally made for me this site a good experience many times. I thank you all for that.

I wish to say that many of you have only witnessed a side of me that is not the most kind or respectful, and I apologize for framing myself that way. Every single time I've acted negatively, I have felt regret in my heart. I am not the apathetic or careless person I seemed to be. I tried to do what I could to be more strong and resilient, but I cannot continue acting against my nature. There's only a little words can do to explain to you my regret and sorrow, but I hope they still help explain sufficiently to you how I feel. It is best to move on, for time heals well, but before I move on I wish to say all of this to you, and I hope you take it to heart.

Many of us are young, and we live different lives in different environments; none of us can truly know the feelings another person experiences due to all he sees and hears during his days and nights that to all of us are unknown. It is one of the reasons why some of us act inappropriately, and others don't recognize why. That is not to say we should accept it; but, we should care for one another, and support one another in difficult times. I personally have had my reasons for not being in line with acceptable conduct at times, and for this I hope you all take my apology to heart, and understand that I fully recognize it is immature and doesn't suit me.

I have been more than necessary offensive toward America, and while I have my opinions from a political aspect on certain things about the country, I certainly have nothing against it like I made it seem like. You have many wonderful things to enjoy in your country, and you should love your homeland. Many things I've said were out of spite or because I had an impulsive reaction to comments I did not like, but I want to clarify that most of what I said should be ignored.

Please don't think that any of you will be remembered negatively by me; I want to live my life in peace and serenity, and try to have positive thoughts as much as I can. Nothing negative that has happened here is worth having stuck in one's mind. I hope you can all do your best to be caring and loving toward one another, and make this community wonderful.

With the best and kindest wishes to you all, I say goodbye. Take good care of yourselves!

Best wishes and farewell,
Mirza
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 4:55:10 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Okay then. Having seen this I now think that perhaps my past behavior towards you was a little unwarranted. You're probably not the lunatic which I've come to view you as.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 4:55:22 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Farewell. You were one of the few relevant members left.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 4:58:34 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 4:51:07 AM, Mirrza wrote:

Was this prompted by the negative reactions to your bsh1 thread or something else I'm not aware of?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 4:59:15 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
There's no reason to pretend being something you aren't.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:00:15 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
That was the best goodbye thread I've ever read. I wish you the very best in the future
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:00:18 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
This is most certainly the Mirza I remember from the old days. You'll be missed.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:00:28 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 4:59:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
There's no reason to pretend being something you aren't.

Well of course not... he's trolling here as much as he is elsewhere... it's just that here people think he's serious.
Tsar of DDO
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:00:33 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Isn't this a fake account?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:02:10 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 4:51:07 AM, Mirrza wrote:
Hello everyone.

It has been a few years since I joined this site, and now the time has come for me to leave. For a community to which I have not, in the latest months, been very nice, it may come as a surprise to you that I would give my heartfelt goodbye. But, I do want to. Many of you, even if you may not know it, have been very good experiences for me. You have treated me kindly, supported me, and generally made for me this site a good experience many times. I thank you all for that.

I wish to say that many of you have only witnessed a side of me that is not the most kind or respectful, and I apologize for framing myself that way. Every single time I've acted negatively, I have felt regret in my heart. I am not the apathetic or careless person I seemed to be. I tried to do what I could to be more strong and resilient, but I cannot continue acting against my nature. There's only a little words can do to explain to you my regret and sorrow, but I hope they still help explain sufficiently to you how I feel. It is best to move on, for time heals well, but before I move on I wish to say all of this to you, and I hope you take it to heart.

Many of us are young, and we live different lives in different environments; none of us can truly know the feelings another person experiences due to all he sees and hears during his days and nights that to all of us are unknown. It is one of the reasons why some of us act inappropriately, and others don't recognize why. That is not to say we should accept it; but, we should care for one another, and support one another in difficult times. I personally have had my reasons for not being in line with acceptable conduct at times, and for this I hope you all take my apology to heart, and understand that I fully recognize it is immature and doesn't suit me.

I have been more than necessary offensive toward America, and while I have my opinions from a political aspect on certain things about the country, I certainly have nothing against it like I made it seem like. You have many wonderful things to enjoy in your country, and you should love your homeland. Many things I've said were out of spite or because I had an impulsive reaction to comments I did not like, but I want to clarify that most of what I said should be ignored.

Please don't think that any of you will be remembered negatively by me; I want to live my life in peace and serenity, and try to have positive thoughts as much as I can. Nothing negative that has happened here is worth having stuck in one's mind. I hope you can all do your best to be caring and loving toward one another, and make this community wonderful.

With the best and kindest wishes to you all, I say goodbye. Take good care of yourselves!

Best wishes and farewell,
Mirza

best of luck dude. From out interactions you were always entertaining and fun to talk to. As much drama as both of us have managed to cause, it will be quite boring without you. Good luck with your endeavors, and I will await your return. No one leaves this site for good
YYW
Posts: 36,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:02:48 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 5:02:10 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/15/2015 4:51:07 AM, Mirrza wrote:
Hello everyone.

It has been a few years since I joined this site, and now the time has come for me to leave. For a community to which I have not, in the latest months, been very nice, it may come as a surprise to you that I would give my heartfelt goodbye. But, I do want to. Many of you, even if you may not know it, have been very good experiences for me. You have treated me kindly, supported me, and generally made for me this site a good experience many times. I thank you all for that.

I wish to say that many of you have only witnessed a side of me that is not the most kind or respectful, and I apologize for framing myself that way. Every single time I've acted negatively, I have felt regret in my heart. I am not the apathetic or careless person I seemed to be. I tried to do what I could to be more strong and resilient, but I cannot continue acting against my nature. There's only a little words can do to explain to you my regret and sorrow, but I hope they still help explain sufficiently to you how I feel. It is best to move on, for time heals well, but before I move on I wish to say all of this to you, and I hope you take it to heart.

Many of us are young, and we live different lives in different environments; none of us can truly know the feelings another person experiences due to all he sees and hears during his days and nights that to all of us are unknown. It is one of the reasons why some of us act inappropriately, and others don't recognize why. That is not to say we should accept it; but, we should care for one another, and support one another in difficult times. I personally have had my reasons for not being in line with acceptable conduct at times, and for this I hope you all take my apology to heart, and understand that I fully recognize it is immature and doesn't suit me.

I have been more than necessary offensive toward America, and while I have my opinions from a political aspect on certain things about the country, I certainly have nothing against it like I made it seem like. You have many wonderful things to enjoy in your country, and you should love your homeland. Many things I've said were out of spite or because I had an impulsive reaction to comments I did not like, but I want to clarify that most of what I said should be ignored.

Please don't think that any of you will be remembered negatively by me; I want to live my life in peace and serenity, and try to have positive thoughts as much as I can. Nothing negative that has happened here is worth having stuck in one's mind. I hope you can all do your best to be caring and loving toward one another, and make this community wonderful.

With the best and kindest wishes to you all, I say goodbye. Take good care of yourselves!

Best wishes and farewell,
Mirza

best of luck dude. From out interactions you were always entertaining and fun to talk to. As much drama as both of us have managed to cause, it will be quite boring without you. Good luck with your endeavors, and I will await your return. No one leaves this site for good

HE IS LITERALLY TROLLING EVERYONE.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:03:40 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Everything about this is stupid.

Every election there's the same old sh!t because people are emotional nut cases at this time of year.

#fightnazibleucheese
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:04:07 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 5:00:28 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2015 4:59:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
There's no reason to pretend being something you aren't.

Well of course not... he's trolling here as much as he is elsewhere... it's just that here people think he's serious.

And if he's not trolling?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Posts: 36,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:04:47 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 5:04:07 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 12/15/2015 5:00:28 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2015 4:59:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
There's no reason to pretend being something you aren't.

Well of course not... he's trolling here as much as he is elsewhere... it's just that here people think he's serious.

And if he's not trolling?

He is.
Tsar of DDO
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:30:29 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Wow, some people are so petty.

Take care, Mirza.
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:31:53 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 5:05:58 AM, spacetime wrote:
Aw, that's too bad. You seemed interesting. Farewell!

He was a troll, and I am virtually certain he will be back, in some new iteration, just like all the old members who embarrassed themselves in their old account....

I mean, it is no coincidence that he returned today... so too will he return again.
Tsar of DDO
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:42:19 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
http://i.telegraph.co.uk...
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 7:11:39 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 4:51:07 AM, Mirrza wrote:
Best wishes and farewell,
Mirza

You will be missed, Sir. I enjoyed our talks on European architecture and music.

https://upload.wikimedia.org...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 7:43:58 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 7:11:39 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 12/15/2015 4:51:07 AM, Mirrza wrote:
Best wishes and farewell,
Mirza

You will be missed, Sir. I enjoyed our talks on European architecture and music.

https://upload.wikimedia.org...

Oh wow, that's great. Where is that?
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 7:51:28 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 7:43:58 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 12/15/2015 7:11:39 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 12/15/2015 4:51:07 AM, Mirrza wrote:
Best wishes and farewell,
Mirza

You will be missed, Sir. I enjoyed our talks on European architecture and music.

https://upload.wikimedia.org...

Oh wow, that's great. Where is that?

The Old Bridge in Mostar, Bosnia & Herzegovina.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
KingofEverything
Posts: 590
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 1:27:52 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 5:31:53 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2015 5:05:58 AM, spacetime wrote:
Aw, that's too bad. You seemed interesting. Farewell!

He was a troll, and I am virtually certain he will be back, in some new iteration, just like all the old members who embarrassed themselves in their old account....

I mean, it is no coincidence that he returned today... so too will he return again.

True. I embarrassed myself in my old account, and I came back.
You're sweet. Thank you :) <3 -ESocial

I am sorry Debate.org -KingofEverything

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 1:54:29 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 4:51:07 AM, Mirrza wrote:

Bye, Mirza! We'll miss you...
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 1:54:56 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 5:00:15 AM, thett3 wrote:
That was the best goodbye thread I've ever read. I wish you the very best in the future

+1
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,366
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 6:16:56 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Inb4 Mirza is actually YYW.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,366
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 6:17:30 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 4:51:07 AM, Mirrza wrote:

This was sweet, if you're really not trolling.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.