Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Military Forum

Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:26:27 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
Should DDO have a military forum (that is, a place where military concepts, scenarios, strategies, technologies, etc can be discussed)?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:27:30 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/15/2015 5:26:27 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Should DDO have a military forum (that is, a place where military concepts, scenarios, strategies, technologies, etc can be discussed)?

See "History"
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:28:21 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/15/2015 5:27:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2015 5:26:27 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Should DDO have a military forum (that is, a place where military concepts, scenarios, strategies, technologies, etc can be discussed)?

See "History"

That does not cover contemporary warfare and generic talk about military strategy.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:28:59 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/15/2015 5:28:21 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 12/15/2015 5:27:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2015 5:26:27 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Should DDO have a military forum (that is, a place where military concepts, scenarios, strategies, technologies, etc can be discussed)?

See "History"

That does not cover contemporary warfare and generic talk about military strategy.

It can
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:29:59 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/15/2015 5:28:59 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2015 5:28:21 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 12/15/2015 5:27:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2015 5:26:27 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Should DDO have a military forum (that is, a place where military concepts, scenarios, strategies, technologies, etc can be discussed)?

See "History"

That does not cover contemporary warfare and generic talk about military strategy.

It can

Not without Airmax removing it for being in the wrong forum...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 6:00:18 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/15/2015 5:29:59 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 12/15/2015 5:28:59 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2015 5:28:21 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 12/15/2015 5:27:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2015 5:26:27 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Should DDO have a military forum (that is, a place where military concepts, scenarios, strategies, technologies, etc can be discussed)?

See "History"

That does not cover contemporary warfare and generic talk about military strategy.

It can

Not without Airmax removing it for being in the wrong forum...

He wouldn't remove military discussions from the history forums unless they were completely irrelevant and received multiple complaints. For the time being, there is no real "need" for a military forum with forums like history and politics. You could even discuss such things in the misc. forum.

I think your best bet would be to discuss such things in the history forum. Set a precedent for it to be a military forum as well, just like how the games forum is also the mafia forum.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...