Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

The US Presidency should be abolished

spacetime
Posts: 449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 7:56:51 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Congress is where the real power to create policies rests, and they don't even listen to the president.

Anyways, the actions of local/state governments are what actually affect our lives on a day-to-day basis. Why do we need anything more?

Also, presidential elections generate a lot of tension and arguing among the populace...

The presidency is basically useless, and can only result in harm. Therefore, it should be abolished.
Call me King Pootie Tang.
YYW
Posts: 36,328
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 8:09:49 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 7:56:51 PM, spacetime wrote:
Congress is where the real power to create policies rests, and they don't even listen to the president.

Anyways, the actions of local/state governments are what actually affect our lives on a day-to-day basis. Why do we need anything more?

Also, presidential elections generate a lot of tension and arguing among the populace...

The presidency is basically useless, and can only result in harm. Therefore, it should be abolished.

rofl
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 8:19:15 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 7:56:51 PM, spacetime wrote:
Congress is where the real power to create policies rests, and they don't even listen to the president.

Anyways, the actions of local/state governments are what actually affect our lives on a day-to-day basis. Why do we need anything more?

Also, presidential elections generate a lot of tension and arguing among the populace...

The presidency is basically useless, and can only result in harm. Therefore, it should be abolished.

And you are.....??
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:23:58 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 7:56:51 PM, spacetime wrote:
Congress is where the real power to create policies rests, and they don't even listen to the president.

The president has a major impact of Congress, and leads a number of agendas through them.

Anyways, the actions of local/state governments are what actually affect our lives on a day-to-day basis. Why do we need anything more?

By that logic, why not dissolve the USGF?

Also, presidential elections generate a lot of tension and arguing among the populace...

"the presidency creates conversation and debate... Get rid of it because not everyone feels happy around such things." On a debate site? Come on. Besides, what you claim the presidency creates is actually good. Imagine a world where politics isn't brought up at all outside of Washington. It'd be a tyranny fast.

The presidency is basically useless, and can only result in harm. Therefore, it should be abolished.

Only cause harm? Do I need to list off the many good impacts the presidency has caused? Such as being the frontrunner of keeping politics a day-to-day topic, which is vital for the nation.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
spacetime
Posts: 449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:55:04 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 4:23:58 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 12/15/2015 7:56:51 PM, spacetime wrote:
Congress is where the real power to create policies rests, and they don't even listen to the president.

The president has a major impact of Congress, and leads a number of agendas through them.

Anyways, the actions of local/state governments are what actually affect our lives on a day-to-day basis. Why do we need anything more?

By that logic, why not dissolve the USGF?

Also, presidential elections generate a lot of tension and arguing among the populace...

"the presidency creates conversation and debate... Get rid of it because not everyone feels happy around such things." On a debate site? Come on. Besides, what you claim the presidency creates is actually good. Imagine a world where politics isn't brought up at all outside of Washington. It'd be a tyranny fast.

The presidency is basically useless, and can only result in harm. Therefore, it should be abolished.

Only cause harm? Do I need to list off the many good impacts the presidency has caused? Such as being the frontrunner of keeping politics a day-to-day topic, which is vital for the nation.

This was a satire of the movement to abolish the DDO presidency...

Congress = Juggle

Local/State Govs = Moderation
Call me King Pootie Tang.
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 5:57:57 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 4:55:04 AM, spacetime wrote:
At 12/16/2015 4:23:58 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 12/15/2015 7:56:51 PM, spacetime wrote:
Congress is where the real power to create policies rests, and they don't even listen to the president.

The president has a major impact of Congress, and leads a number of agendas through them.

Anyways, the actions of local/state governments are what actually affect our lives on a day-to-day basis. Why do we need anything more?

By that logic, why not dissolve the USGF?

Also, presidential elections generate a lot of tension and arguing among the populace...

"the presidency creates conversation and debate... Get rid of it because not everyone feels happy around such things." On a debate site? Come on. Besides, what you claim the presidency creates is actually good. Imagine a world where politics isn't brought up at all outside of Washington. It'd be a tyranny fast.

The presidency is basically useless, and can only result in harm. Therefore, it should be abolished.

Only cause harm? Do I need to list off the many good impacts the presidency has caused? Such as being the frontrunner of keeping politics a day-to-day topic, which is vital for the nation.

This was a satire of the movement to abolish the DDO presidency...

Congress = Juggle

Local/State Govs = Moderation

Well you did a great job of fooling me lol
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --