DDO Tea Time: News Edition, Vol. I

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 11:35:30 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Greetings fellow DDO members,

The team here at DDO Tea Time has been hitting the streets hard lately. Several of our correspondents have been keeping their ears to the ground and eyes on the prize, resulting in the latest and greatest in reliable, accurate, site-wide news.

So, without further ado, we present: DDO Tea Time - News Edition.

---------------------------------------------------

And the Presidency goes to....

Bsh1 and his team of Zaradi and Sapphique! That's right folks, after an arduous and tumultuous election, the final call was made and the incumbent, Bsh1, was announced as the President of DDO for the coming term. With only a narrow victory the lines were clearly drawn, and the question remains - can we, as a community, recover? If one thing rings true it's that history always repeats itself, and here on DDO we always manage to pull together as a community when the time truly calls for it. Be it against spam-bots, a lone advocate for bestiality, or site-wide glitches. When we come together as a whole, things get done. We have done so in the past, and shall do so again. Let us not lose faith in our community - for within every issue is a solution, and with the greatest amount of minds applied to the issues we will reach the greatest results.

*Announcement for Debaters and Judges* - Voting Reform

Recently we've seen a string of announcements related to a voting reform currently taking place on DDO. But what does voting reform mean, what are the changes that are actually occurring? For starters, it is an opt-in set of standards that the debaters can choose to apply to the judges voting on their debates. It features stricter standards than those currently in place, such as having to cover every major argument made within the debate.

While this opt-in feature will certainly please the debaters here who enjoy receiving thorough RFD's, the most important thing to remember is that it is indeed optional, and no-one will be forced to change their preferred standards if they don't want to. If you would like to learn more about the specific changes made under the new opt-in voting standard, please visit: http://www.debate.org...

Let's get Sticky!!

While on the subject of voting reforms, let's take a moment to highlight the thread of the week - The Official Voting Thread. This thread can be found in the sticky section of the main forums section and is arguably the most vital thread to the collective efforts of debaters on this site. Yet, we still face the epidemic of unvoted and unnoticed debates slipping through the cracks.

Thus, this serves as a battle cry to those willing to step up to the plate. We have countless debaters with unvoted debates, and countless minds all capable of passing judgement on those debates. The key to a functioning community is members who are willing to put in the work, and those members will be rewarded with loyalty, friendships, and a reputation for being a contributing member. Do not underestimate the value of your own efforts, for those who are the most active here are also the ones who have to worry the least about receiving no votes on their debates. It's the cycle of activity and karma, and if you do the work - I guarantee it'll come back to you ten fold.

Don't ever hesitate to learn how to judge debates if you've never done so either, DDO is a place for learning, for emotional and intellectual growth, and for trying new things. So get out there and, as Shia Labeouf would say, JUST DO IT.

Thett and Bossy's tournament

Are you a fan of tournament debates? Are you itching to get down and dirty in the underground trials of unofficial tournaments? Then look no further! Two fellow DDO members, Thett and Bossy, are hosting their very own tournament. While the slots were filled fast, it looks like there might be one space left! If you or anyone you know is interested, please visit: http://www.debate.org...

And of course, we wish each and every participant the best of luck!! We here at DDO Tea Time will be following the tournament with pleasant anticipation while watching the competitors do their best!

The Holidays have arrived!!

Dear student readers, do us at DDO Tea Time a favor... take a long, slow breathe and relax. Finals are over. FINALS ARE OVER. Time to see your home-town friends, eat some real food, and have some crazy experiences to tell your roommates all about when you return in the spring.

Dear full-time workers, do us at DDO Tea Time a favor... enjoy your break from the daily grind! Take some time to kick your feet up, sip your favorite drink, and hop in your bathtub with some lit candles.

Everyone deserves a break from the yearly grind, and that time has finally arrived. Regardless of your tradition during the Holidays, we here at DDO Tea Time hope you have a relaxing and refreshing break - just remember to keep your new year resolutions *slightly* realistic :)

Cheers everyone, and Happy Holidays.

------------------------------------------------

And there you have it folks, the latest and greatest in site news. We appreciate our readers and know that you folks deserve nothing but the best, and that's exactly what we aim to deliver.

Until next time DDO, stay informed, stay classy, and stay tuned.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:29:47 PM
Where's the juicy juicy gossip? Is it true debatability and thett are dating again?

I want less news And more smut.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 6:23:59 PM
At 12/17/2015 12:29:47 PM, Raisor wrote:
Where's the juicy juicy gossip? Is it true debatability and thett are dating again?

I want less news And more smut.

Lol, the latest Tabloid edition is already being worked on as we speak, stay tuned!!
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 11:23:57 PM
At 12/17/2015 11:35:30 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I like this. Keep doing it. :D
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 3:25:36 AM
At 12/17/2015 11:23:57 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Thank you good sir :)
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 4:23:07 AM

The team here at DDO Tea Time has been hitting the streets hard lately. Several of our correspondents have been keeping their ears to the ground and eyes on the prize, resulting in the latest and greatest in reliable, accurate, site-wide news.

Bsh1 and his team of Zaradi and Sapphique! That's right folks, after an arduous and tumultuous election, the final call was made and the incumbent, Bsh1, was announced as the President of DDO for the coming term. With only a narrow victory the lines were clearly drawn, and the question remains - can we, as a community, recover? If one thing rings true it's that history always repeats itself, and here on DDO we always manage to pull together as a community when the time truly calls for it. Be it against spam-bots, a lone advocate for bestiality, or site-wide glitches. When we come together as a whole, things get done. We have done so in the past, and shall do so again. Let us not lose faith in our community - for within every issue is a solution, and with the greatest amount of minds applied to the issues we will reach the greatest results.

Recently we've seen a string of announcements related to a voting reform currently taking place on DDO. But what does voting reform mean, what are the changes that are actually occurring? For starters, it is an opt-in set of standards that the debaters can choose to apply to the judges voting on their debates. It features stricter standards than those currently in place, such as having to cover every major argument made within the debate.

While this opt-in feature will certainly please the debaters here who enjoy receiving thorough RFD's, the most important thing to remember is that it is indeed optional, and no-one will be forced to change their preferred standards if they don't want to. If you would like to learn more about the specific changes made under the new opt-in voting standard, please visit: http://www.debate.org...

Let's get Sticky!!

While on the subject of voting reforms, let's take a moment to highlight the thread of the week - The Official Voting Thread. This thread can be found in the sticky section of the main forums section and is arguably the most vital thread to the collective efforts of debaters on this site. Yet, we still face the epidemic of unvoted and unnoticed debates slipping through the cracks.

Thus, this serves as a battle cry to those willing to step up to the plate. We have countless debaters with unvoted debates, and countless minds all capable of passing judgement on those debates. The key to a functioning community is members who are willing to put in the work, and those members will be rewarded with loyalty, friendships, and a reputation for being a contributing member. Do not underestimate the value of your own efforts, for those who are the most active here are also the ones who have to worry the least about receiving no votes on their debates. It's the cycle of activity and karma, and if you do the work - I guarantee it'll come back to you ten fold.

Don't ever hesitate to learn how to judge debates if you've never done so either, DDO is a place for learning, for emotional and intellectual growth, and for trying new things. So get out there and, as Shia Labeouf would say, JUST DO IT.

Are you a fan of tournament debates? Are you itching to get down and dirty in the underground trials of unofficial tournaments? Then look no further! Two fellow DDO members, Thett and Bossy, are hosting their very own tournament. While the slots were filled fast, it looks like there might be one space left! If you or anyone you know is interested, please visit: http://www.debate.org...

And of course, we wish each and every participant the best of luck!! We here at DDO Tea Time will be following the tournament with pleasant anticipation while watching the competitors do their best!

Dear student readers, do us at DDO Tea Time a favor... take a long, slow breathe and relax. Finals are over. FINALS ARE OVER. Time to see your home-town friends, eat some real food, and have some crazy experiences to tell your roommates all about when you return in the spring.

Dear full-time workers, do us at DDO Tea Time a favor... enjoy your break from the daily grind! Take some time to kick your feet up, sip your favorite drink, and hop in your bathtub with some lit candles.

Everyone deserves a break from the yearly grind, and that time has finally arrived. Regardless of your tradition during the Holidays, we here at DDO Tea Time hope you have a relaxing and refreshing break - just remember to keep your new year resolutions *slightly* realistic :)

And there you have it folks, the latest and greatest in site news. We appreciate our readers and know that you folks deserve nothing but the best, and that's exactly what we aim to deliver.

I truly enjoyed this.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
addy00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 11:03:46 AM
At 12/18/2015 4:23:07 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

---------------------------------------------------I just love your forum.Thanks for posting it.[url=http://www.zahidjamilco.com...]Chartered Accountant Firms in Faisalabad[/url]
it have something that someone comeback again".
there is a lot of useful information a person can get from here I must say,[url=http://www.zahidjamilco.com...]Chartered Accountant Firm in Pakistan[/url]
well doneA good forum with great discussion and a good users,which contribute in the forum

Let's get Sticky!!

I truly enjoyed this.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 1:58:26 PM
At 12/18/2015 3:25:36 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 12/17/2015 11:23:57 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Thank you good sir :)

You're most welcome. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 8:51:11 PM
At 12/18/2015 4:23:07 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Let's get Sticky!!

I truly enjoyed this.

Thank you :)
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 8:56:37 PM
At 12/18/2015 11:03:46 AM, addy00 wrote:
---------------------------------------------------I just love your forum.Thanks for posting it.[url=http://www.zahidjamilco.com...]Chartered Accountant Firms in Faisalabad[/url]
it have something that someone comeback again".
there is a lot of useful information a person can get from here I must say,[url=http://www.zahidjamilco.com...]Chartered Accountant Firm in Pakistan[/url]
well doneA good forum with great discussion and a good users,which contribute in the forum

We at DDO Tea Time are truly honored that our latest News Volume attracted the praise of a spam-bot. This is a first, I believe.

Additionally, we urge you and your fellow spam botters to stay tuned! We love all our readers, regardless of if they are humanoid, spam-bots, or trolls.