Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Which forum do I post Military threads on?

UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,903
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?
"I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is his messenger."
-Brontoraptor
Smithereens
Posts: 6,974
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 12:07:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If you can't find a relevant forum, it goes to either miscellaneous or religion.
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,903
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 12:11:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2015 12:06:38 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
I have a feeling they're all troll topics like your "how to conquer Russia" one...

I was serious about that one, just to lazy to make a part 2.
"I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is his messenger."
-Brontoraptor
triangle.128k
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 12:13:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2015 12:07:45 AM, Smithereens wrote:
If you can't find a relevant forum, it goes to either miscellaneous or religion.

Putting it in the religion forum is like throwing TNT into a forest fire...
dylancatlow
Posts: 13,009
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 12:48:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?

Even though it's not technically "history", I feel like the people in that section would be the best ones to talk to about it.
spacetime
Posts: 449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 1:13:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2015 12:48:49 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?

Even though it's not technically "history", I feel like the people in that section would be the best ones to talk to about it.

All 2 of them?
Call me King Pootie Tang.
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,894
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 1:29:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?

If it's historical military, then history. If it's modern military, then politics.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
SamStevens
Posts: 3,823
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 1:43:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2015 1:29:14 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?

If it's historical military, then history. If it's modern military, then politics.

How do you draw a line between the two? Even recent military tactics implemented on the battlefield could be considered historical military since historical means " past events"[1].

[1]https://www.google.com...
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,894
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 1:46:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2015 1:43:31 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 12/18/2015 1:29:14 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?

If it's historical military, then history. If it's modern military, then politics.

How do you draw a line between the two? Even recent military tactics implemented on the battlefield could be considered historical military since historical means " past events"[1].

[1]https://www.google.com...

I notice that you only go into "pointless debate mode" when communicating with me. Is there a reason for that?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
SamStevens
Posts: 3,823
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 1:50:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2015 1:46:05 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/18/2015 1:43:31 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 12/18/2015 1:29:14 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?

If it's historical military, then history. If it's modern military, then politics.

How do you draw a line between the two? Even recent military tactics implemented on the battlefield could be considered historical military since historical means " past events"[1].

[1]https://www.google.com...

I notice that you only go into "pointless debate mode" when communicating with me. Is there a reason for that?

Don't back up your statement with any explanation.

lmfao
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,903
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 2:30:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2015 1:50:28 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 12/18/2015 1:46:05 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/18/2015 1:43:31 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 12/18/2015 1:29:14 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?

If it's historical military, then history. If it's modern military, then politics.

How do you draw a line between the two? Even recent military tactics implemented on the battlefield could be considered historical military since historical means " past events"[1].

[1]https://www.google.com...

I notice that you only go into "pointless debate mode" when communicating with me. Is there a reason for that?

Don't back up your statement with any explanation.

lmfao

The irony is unreal
"I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is his messenger."
-Brontoraptor
SamStevens
Posts: 3,823
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 2:38:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2015 2:30:07 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 12/18/2015 1:50:28 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 12/18/2015 1:46:05 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/18/2015 1:43:31 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 12/18/2015 1:29:14 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?

If it's historical military, then history. If it's modern military, then politics.

How do you draw a line between the two? Even recent military tactics implemented on the battlefield could be considered historical military since historical means " past events"[1].

[1]https://www.google.com...

I notice that you only go into "pointless debate mode" when communicating with me. Is there a reason for that?

Don't back up your statement with any explanation.

lmfao

The irony is unreal

lol
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 3:05:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?

This is exactly why we need a Military Forum.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Smithereens
Posts: 6,974
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 10:50:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2015 3:05:32 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?

This is exactly why we need a Military Forum.

"Welcome to the military forum. Population: 1."
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017
Wylted
Posts: 22,978
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 11:03:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?

You'll get a lot of responses in the religion forum
SamStevens
Posts: 3,823
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 5:25:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sig
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 4:42:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2015 10:50:55 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 12/18/2015 3:05:32 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?

This is exactly why we need a Military Forum.

"Welcome to the military forum. Population: 1."

Not necessarily. A lot of people love talking about the military...
I think it is well established that the only reason aliens come to earth is to slice up cows and examine inside peoples' bottoms. Unless you are a cow or suffer haemerrhoids I don't think there is anything to worry about from aliens. - keithprosser

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
SamStevens
Posts: 3,823
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2015 9:24:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2015 1:46:05 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/18/2015 1:43:31 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 12/18/2015 1:29:14 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?

If it's historical military, then history. If it's modern military, then politics.

How do you draw a line between the two? Even recent military tactics implemented on the battlefield could be considered historical military since historical means " past events"[1].

[1]https://www.google.com...

I notice that you only go into "pointless debate mode" when communicating with me. Is there a reason for that?

Your statement is false due to the word "only" which generalizes all my communications with you. Here is some documentation to support my *claims/assertions*: http://www.debate.org...
-
http://giphy.com...
-
and you should get into the habit of backing up what you say Mrs. Arbitrary Line... lol
http://www.reactiongifs.com...

Have a good day(or night depending on your local time)!
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
mc9
Posts: 1,421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 1:09:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2015 1:29:14 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?

If it's historical military, then history. If it's modern military, then politics.

+1
Stan is better than bad guy if you disagree with me you're wrong
SamStevens
Posts: 3,823
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 1:39:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2015 1:46:05 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/18/2015 1:43:31 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 12/18/2015 1:29:14 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?

If it's historical military, then history. If it's modern military, then politics.

How do you draw a line between the two? Even recent military tactics implemented on the battlefield could be considered historical military since historical means " past events"[1].

[1]https://www.google.com...

I notice that you only go into "pointless debate mode" when communicating with me. Is there a reason for that?

http://www.reactiongifs.com...

http://www.debate.org...

Do you need more evidence shoved in your face, Smithy?

#misrepresentation
#selectivememory
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
johnlubba
Posts: 2,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 9:27:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2015 3:05:32 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 12/17/2015 11:36:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I wanna start making a few threads on Strategies/Tactics of Asymmetric Warfare. Which forum do I or should I post it on?

This is exactly why we need a Military Forum.

Agreed, or warfare