DDO Risk King
spacetime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 5:22:48 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 4:39:08 PM, Mikal wrote:

I half agree. One thing I noticed while looking over the hall of fame nominations is that there are a lot of ancient members who deserve to get into the HOF, and older members are trying to get them in, but newer members keep nominating newer members instead, since those are the only ones they are familiar with. This is a problem with a lot of HOFs in real life as well. I propose that the regular HOF cycle should only be held once annually (at the end of the year), and that there should be an additional one held mid-way through the year, which is reserved for members and content that's more than 2 years old.
Call me King Pootie Tang.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 5:39:05 PM
I think there should be rules set up around it.

Have been a member for 2 years, etc and so forth

I also think the 1 year cycle (only) will provide a legitimate goal for people to try and achieve. The more people that want to get in it, will in turn act in a way that will prompt them to get into it. The less the HOF happens, the less chances people have, so the more they will act to try and get in. I think 1 year is just a valid way to do it, so it's no overloaded with people
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 11:09:13 PM
I disagree with this for a lot of reasons. I'll go more into those reasons later. But, I particularly disagree with imposing qualifications on who gets in, because it presupposes that members cannot make a significant impact in a brief amount of time.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 11:43:44 PM
At 12/21/2015 11:09:13 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I disagree with this for a lot of reasons. I'll go more into those reasons later. But, I particularly disagree with imposing qualifications on who gets in, because it presupposes that members cannot make a significant impact in a brief amount of time.

Im less about the qualifications and more about pushing it to one year intervals. If not qualifications at least encourage and tell people of old members