Jump to topic:

Debaters making threads to criticize votes

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 2:42:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
We have three people that currently moderate votes. If you want to critique a vote on your debate, do it in a PM to those people. If you really feel the need to do it publicly, do it in the debate comments. But making threads can send a message that if you vote against someone, they will be overly aggressive - this is not something that we should want for the site, as people may be more reluctant to vote on those debates.

And no, I do not give a sh!t that this can be seen as publicly calling someone out. I frankly don't care to see your (using the term to all debaters) opinions on the people that voted against you. It's unnecessary.
Why?

DDO Risk King
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 2:46:24 AM
inb4 Debaters making threads to criticize threads to criticize votes
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 2:56:18 AM
At 12/24/2015 2:42:07 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
We have three people that currently moderate votes. If you want to critique a vote on your debate, do it in a PM to those people. If you really feel the need to do it publicly, do it in the debate comments. But making threads can send a message that if you vote against someone, they will be overly aggressive - this is not something that we should want for the site, as people may be more reluctant to vote on those debates.

And no, I do not give a sh!t that this can be seen as publicly calling someone out. I frankly don't care to see your (using the term to all debaters) opinions on the people that voted against you. It's unnecessary.

I agree. I have not read the thread yet, but it sure looks like poor form.
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 3:13:22 AM
At 12/24/2015 2:42:07 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Though I share your feelings on the issue, I don't agree with your solution.