Jump to topic:

Model United Nations

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 9:44:19 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
I will be at the University of Chicago in February for MUNUC, and am being a Senator in the United States Senate.

I was wondering if anyone on ddo will be attending this same conference, from February 4th to the 7th in Chicago.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 10:19:58 PM
At 12/25/2015 9:44:19 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
I will be at the University of Chicago in February for MUNUC, and am being a Senator in the United States Senate.

I was wondering if anyone on ddo will be attending this same conference, from February 4th to the 7th in Chicago.

Ill be attending but as a protester, not as a participant

#BLACKLIVESMATTER
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 10:20:52 PM
At 12/25/2015 10:19:58 PM, imabench wrote:

#BLACKLIVESMATTER

He din du nuffin!
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 10:45:47 PM
I wish I could've did this in school. I would've shown everybody how you are supposed to push for perfect policies and never budge, that way only perfect policies are ever put into place in the United States, and obviously with perfect policies, come a greater society.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 10:49:22 PM

#BLACKLIVESMATTER

Dude, we agreed on this, we were supposed to protest against the IMF!
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 11:30:14 PM
At 12/25/2015 10:49:22 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

#BLACKLIVESMATTER

I thought that was only on Mondays, Wednesdays, Sundays, Thursdays, Tuesdays, Saturdays. and Fridays?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 12:19:10 AM

What do you mean as a Senator?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 12:28:00 AM
At 12/26/2015 12:19:10 AM, tajshar2k wrote:

What do you mean as a Senator?

I will be representing a Senator, so I am to embody their beliefs. This specific Senator is a Republican from Alabama, so you know how easy this will be for me.

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 2:49:45 AM
I was going to attend model UN but the teacher who runs it sucks at organizing it, so I had no clue when to attend the next meeting. )-:

There's always next year... I'm in a few other organizations anyhows, M. UN was my least priority.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 3:26:18 AM
At 12/25/2015 11:30:14 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/25/2015 10:49:22 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

#BLACKLIVESMATTER

I thought that was only on Mondays, Wednesdays, Sundays, Thursdays, Tuesdays, Saturdays. and Fridays?

Sunday too? Dang go sleep or something.

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 3:27:22 AM
At 12/26/2015 2:49:45 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
I was going to attend model UN but the teacher who runs it sucks at organizing it, so I had no clue when to attend the next meeting. )-:

There's always next year... I'm in a few other organizations anyhows, M. UN was my least priority.

Same with me and Debate Club. I was going to join but the teacher doesn't like me very much and they hand out sheets that have what you are supposed to say on it. Basically, if it's your first year, they force you to say something that you never wrote.

Lexus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 3:36:11 AM
At 12/26/2015 3:27:22 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Same with me and Debate Club. I was going to join but the teacher doesn't like me very much and they hand out sheets that have what you are supposed to say on it. Basically, if it's your first year, they force you to say something that you never wrote.

Just pay for your own entry to debate tournaments, your debate club can't stop you. Just pay for whatever the entry is and bring your parent to judge (I think most locals have like $25 fees for events), but remember to tell your school office that you're representing them so you need them to say okay.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 3:37:30 AM
At 12/26/2015 3:36:11 AM, Lexus wrote:

Just pay for your own entry to debate tournaments, your debate club can't stop you. Just pay for whatever the entry is and bring your parent to judge (I think most locals have like $25 fees for events), but remember to tell your school office that you're representing them so you need them to say okay.

Nah, I don't like debate team, nor do I have time for it. You have to memorize your arguments - I don't like rehearsing this crap. Makes me look like Hillary Clinton if I do.

Lexus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 3:38:10 AM
At 12/26/2015 3:37:30 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 12/26/2015 3:36:11 AM, Lexus wrote:

Nah, I don't like debate team, nor do I have time for it. You have to memorize your arguments - I don't like rehearsing this crap. Makes me look like Hillary Clinton if I do.

wat kind of debate does that??
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 3:40:22 AM

So they basically force you what to say in debates?
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 1:58:18 AM

No, but that sounds awesome.

I'm still at the High School level, but I've done SSUNS in Montreal and will be doing HMUN at Harvard next year. :P

Model UN is great.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby