Jump to topic:

Bombing?

LightC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2009 2:44:20 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Just an observation, but a lot of debates are being bombed by "not saying people." For example: Pro on this debate had 5 points a 1/2 hour ago. At this moment, he has 110. That doesn't make sense. furthermore, the "people" that voted pro are all in the not saying category. http://www.debate.org...
CiRrO - The master LD debater
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2009 2:47:56 PM
That's been kinda obvious CirRo.

The way to catch the bombers is to do this:

Whenever you've noticed you've been bombed, look at the statistics of the bombers.

Then do an advanced search for people and match the categories. Also make sure to click "new members" and "recently online" also click "recently updated" because that was what josh was doing to avoid detection.

You'll easily see the people who bombed you.

Then add them to the obvious vote bombing forum to have them IP scanned by the mod.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
LightC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2009 2:48:54 PM
At 1/27/2009 2:47:56 PM, askbob wrote:
That's been kinda obvious CirRo.

The way to catch the bombers is to do this:

Whenever you've noticed you've been bombed, look at the statistics of the bombers.

Then do an advanced search for people and match the categories. Also make sure to click "new members" and "recently online" also click "recently updated" because that was what josh was doing to avoid detection.

You'll easily see the people who bombed you.

Then add them to the obvious vote bombing forum to have them IP scanned by the mod.

I dont have time to do that, unlike you. ^^
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2009 2:51:14 PM
haha well then you'll just have to use you're precious free time (i'm sure) to whine about it in the forums and expect no resolution.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
LightC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2009 2:53:47 PM
At 1/27/2009 2:51:14 PM, askbob wrote:
haha well then you'll just have to use you're precious free time (i'm sure) to whine about it in the forums and expect no resolution.

I wasn't whining. I was simply stating a fact. >.> Is it wrong for me to state facts on an open forum?
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2009 4:22:35 PM
It should also be pointed out that I am a conservative. So those who've been inclined to think that this only liberals are targets should reconsider.
DiablosChaosBroker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2009 4:25:26 PM
At 1/27/2009 4:23:07 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
Over 100 points in a few minutes?!?! LOL! It's like the guy has no life whatsoever.

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2009 4:28:27 PM
KRFournier, you were a cleaner right?
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2009 4:34:58 PM
At 1/27/2009 4:28:27 PM, askbob wrote:
KRFournier, you were a cleaner right?

For a time, yes. I left when rumblings surfaced of getting even with Josh. I didn't want to get sucked in. Ultimately, I continued to write RFDs, just not under The Cleaners moniker. I did get vote bombed by Josh during that time, but not at this scale.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 11:15:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/27/2009 2:44:20 PM, LightC wrote:
Just an observation, but a lot of debates are being bombed by "not saying people." For example: Pro on this debate had 5 points a 1/2 hour ago. At this moment, he has 110. That doesn't make sense. furthermore, the "people" that voted pro are all in the not saying category. http://www.debate.org...

Use the report function, but you probably should have used that function 6 years ago, instead of waiting until now.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 11:29:09 PM
At 3/25/2015 11:15:24 PM, Wylted wrote:

Use the report function, but you probably should have used that function 6 years ago, instead of waiting until now.

The report function on votes didn't actually exist until relatively recently. It's actually a pretty new thing for the site that all voting "moderation" isn't done entirely through some type of counter voting efforts.
Debate.org Moderator
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 11:31:07 PM
At 3/25/2015 11:29:09 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

The report function on votes didn't actually exist until relatively recently. It's actually a pretty new thing for the site that all voting "moderation" isn't done entirely through some type of counter voting efforts.

It took you 6 years to answer his question , wow max. 200420hbublazeit was right about you
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 11:36:54 PM
At 3/25/2015 11:31:07 PM, Mikal wrote:

It took you 6 years to answer his question , wow max. 200420hbublazeit was right about you

I replied to Wylted, who posted less than 20 minutes ago :P

There's nothing for me to actually answer as far as the OP goes
Debate.org Moderator
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 11:44:10 PM
At 3/25/2015 11:36:54 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/25/2015 11:31:07 PM, Mikal wrote:

I replied to Wylted, who posted less than 20 minutes ago :P

There's nothing for me to actually answer as far as the OP goes

Likely answer

Shamed on you
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 11:45:37 PM

Sorry, I didn't know the report function did not exist yet, when you posted this. Feel free to send a PM to Bluesteel who is the voting mod