Jump to topic:

Proposal: 24 hour bans

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 5:16:10 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Like the thread which is presumably right next to this one, sometimes emotions can flare on Debate.org. Users will say stuff with serious intent which they wouldn't dare say under normal circumstances.
This is what I propose: that bans are administered much more liberally. However, these bans would only last 24 hours.
For instance, let's say that I and Vi_Spex got into a very heated forum discussion where I threatened to pay him a visit in real life to kill him and he attacked me with long profanity-laced paragraphs. The mods would respond by banning both of us for 24 hours, just long enough for both of us to clear our heads and be willing to act civilized again.
SO much drama would've been prevented had this policy been administered years ago...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 5:22:59 PM
At 12/26/2015 5:16:10 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Like the thread which is presumably right next to this one, sometimes emotions can flare on Debate.org. Users will say stuff with serious intent which they wouldn't dare say under normal circumstances.
This is what I propose: that bans are administered much more liberally. However, these bans would only last 24 hours.
For instance, let's say that I and Vi_Spex got into a very heated forum discussion where I threatened to pay him a visit in real life to kill him and he attacked me with long profanity-laced paragraphs. The mods would respond by banning both of us for 24 hours, just long enough for both of us to clear our heads and be willing to act civilized again.
SO much drama would've been prevented had this policy been implemented years ago...

Fixed
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 6:39:08 PM
Like all banning people ideas, They will be completely selectively and arbitrarily enforced.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%