Total Posts:218|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

A Direct Callout : Deal with it

Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 1:39:17 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
I have did my fair share of this in the past, and also acknowledged and accepted that I was wrong and also atoned for what I did. Bullying others for the sake of being a bully is wrong, no matter how you try to logically justify it.

I have seen this often referred to as mob mentality on here, and it is prevalent with clicks that form. Someone makes person (1) mad and then person (2) jumps in, and this continues to the point of of an entire click jumping someone for the sake of jumping them. This reminds me of high school drama, and was this actual high school, I would smack someone stupid for ganging up on one person in a gang like that.

This has continued to the extent of trying to "vote someone" off the island by majority vote, when the very people condoning and pushing for this action would be the proof of concept on the very method for which they are pushing for. I can't be more blunt than this because I'm sincerely pissed off

http://www.debate.org...

I'm not saying she hasn't did things that are wrong, she has. I was one of the first people to hate her when she joined the site, and took to the same things being done now. After talking to max and being put into a PM with her, she told me the same things she just wrote in this thread and we became really good friends. To this day we have been good friends, and she has did what she could to try and get over her past. She has issues which she has always acknowledged and which most of you knew about. More than half of you wished her well and was so happy to see her after the ordeal with her dad, then she comes back and you tell her that "she deserved it".

This also ranges anywhere from calling her literally retarded

http://www.debate.org...

To laughing at the fact that she was told to kill herself

http://www.debate.org...

To calling her stupid

http://www.debate.org...

To calling her ugly and being a waste of a life

(same comment section somewhere)

All the way to accusing her of making up an imaginary boyfriend

http://www.debate.org...

Most of us here are in highschool, or even older. I know this is online and we all want to measure our imaginary cocks, and also that this is an escape from life. Which I and many others have used to troll and have fun with at points.

Realize the dichotomy in between trolling for fun, and then harassing someone to the point they want to harm themselves. If and when she ever hurts herself, I hope the memory of her doing so burns into each and every one of your memories so that you never forget it and regret it till you die. I don't play with self harm, and neither should you. Bullying someone to that point is deplorable, and it sickens me.

I've said this in the past and I'll say it again, learn from my mistakes. When you hurt and harass someone, you never know what they are going through. The words you say to them could be their last, or also be the reason they decide to hurt themselves. Having fun on here is different than causing emotional trauma, and every person involved in this mob click bullying should be ashamed of yourselves

now seriously grow the fuk up and act like your an adult
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:08:18 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Well said.

Her tough exterior disappears real fast if you just take the time to get to know her. She is a sweet girl, and the chats I've had with her privately far outweigh any opinions others might hold about her.

What has happened here is a shame, and even if she is prone to flamewars, this went too far. Grown men bullying her, especially intelligent grown men, is absurd and reflects more about them than it does her.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:09:35 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Oh sure....but it's compleatly okay for her to harass members. Stop making the community look like the problem. Though I do we weren't very nice, it was a result from her bullying.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:11:21 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Thank you. Sincerely.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:11:52 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 2:09:35 AM, Rosalie wrote:
Oh sure....but it's compleatly okay for her to harass members. Stop making the community look like the problem. Though I do we weren't very nice, it was a result from her bullying.

Go to hell.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:21:31 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
The irony in this entire situation is that Zarroette was relentlessly attacked because people viewed that she relentlessly attacked people too much; whether or not that may be true, her departure is a shame. Despite some of the social issues that came to be associated with her while on the site, I really did enjoy reading some of her debates.

I don't think she ever liked me, and I can't really say I was ever too fond of her, but to lay even the majority of the blame on a teenager who clearly had a lot of underlying psychological, personal problems is wrong. If you're incapable of being respectful, you should probably keep your grievances to yourself; or at least refrain from association.

It's a shame that DDO, the great community that it is, has been brought down to such a low level...

Anyways, props for the post Mikal. I appreciate your perspective.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:25:31 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Well Put.

This is something I've never understood. A user gets into conflict with another. He makes his point regarding the other's behavioral flaw. Other users agree with him. But then it doesn't stop there. The group will proceed to harass and indict that person until they've sufficiently torn down that person's will to speak, or destroyed their sense of security.

What I understand is getting frustrated and explaining your critique of a user's behavior when no one else seems to notice or care or object. But when your point has been heard and you're not satisfied, so you decide to form a mob,.... I just don't get it. It's disgusting and animalistic.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:28:58 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Alright, I will admitt that I have said some sh*try things to her. Not just randomly, but they were in response to her attacks. She won't ever forgive me, nor will I forgive her.

I honestly think that she and I are so similar, we clash together. We have even talked about this one time.

I know I get angry, very very easily. I say things to people without thinking before hand, and sometimes I don't mean what I say. I feel guilty for some of the things I've said to her, but I feel as if I shouldn't because she started the harassing first.

I truly hope that you will change for the better...I do think you're an intelligent girl, and I hope we can sort things out, because I don't like feeling like this with people.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:32:57 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 2:25:31 AM, 000ike wrote:
Well Put.

This is something I've never understood. A user gets into conflict with another. He makes his point regarding the other's behavioral flaw. Other users agree with him. But then it doesn't stop there. The group will proceed to harass and indict that person until they've sufficiently torn down that person's will to speak, or destroyed their sense of security.

What I understand is getting frustrated and explaining your critique of a user's behavior when no one else seems to notice or care or object. But when your point has been heard and you're not satisfied, so you decide to form a mob,.... I just don't get it. It's disgusting and animalistic.

Exactly. There's a certain mob mentality that develops and when it goes to far it can be very nasty. You and I have been here long enough to remember several examples. Animalistic is the perfect way to put it because that's exactly what it is
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
WillYouMarryMe
Posts: 247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:42:45 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 1:39:17 AM, Mikal wrote:

More than half of you wished her well and was so happy to see her after the ordeal with her dad, then she comes back and you tell her that "she deserved it".

As far as I know, no one told her that she deserved the ordeal with her dad, or that she should kill herself.


This also ranges anywhere from calling her literally retarded

http://www.debate.org...

What other word is there to describe someone who sincerely believes that blatant votebombs are more legitimate than extensive RFDs?


To laughing at the fact that she was told to kill herself

http://www.debate.org...

Goddamn, for the last time, that was NOT what I was laughing at. I was laughing at the fact that she compiled a photo album with screenshots of my aggressive responses to her visceral reaction to my vote.


To calling her stupid

http://www.debate.org...

Again, that insult was warranted, given what she said to prompt the response.


To calling her ugly and being a waste of a life

(same comment section somewhere)

Only because she insinuated that I was "stalking" her and had sexual interest in her.

And I don't recall ever calling her a "waste of life"


All the way to accusing her of making up an imaginary boyfriend

http://www.debate.org...

Not me.


I've said this in the past and I'll say it again, learn from my mistakes. When you hurt and harass someone, you never know what they are going through. The words you say to them could be their last, or also be the reason they decide to hurt themselves. Having fun on here is different than causing emotional trauma, and every person involved in this mob click bullying should be ashamed of yourselves

She dug herself into that pit by her own doing -- she turned half the site against her by acting like an incredibly rude and arrogant brat. Yeah, sucks that her behavior stemmed from a personality disorder which was out of her control, but we had no way of knowing that. As far as we knew, she was just acting with incredibly bad conduct, and we responded in kind. Also, much of the stuff that she's saying hurt her most are things that, to my knowledge, no one even said (e.g. "kill yourself" and "you deserved the beatings").
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:46:11 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 2:28:58 AM, Rosalie wrote:
Alright, I will admitt that I have said some sh*try things to her. Not just randomly, but they were in response to her attacks. She won't ever forgive me, nor will I forgive her.

I honestly think that she and I are so similar, we clash together. We have even talked about this one time.

I know I get angry, very very easily. I say things to people without thinking before hand, and sometimes I don't mean what I say. I feel guilty for some of the things I've said to her, but I feel as if I shouldn't because she started the harassing first.

I truly hope that you will change for the better...I do think you're an intelligent girl, and I hope we can sort things out, because I don't like feeling like this with people.

If and when she comes back, you literally should apologize and if not so voluntarily, should be made to apologize to her or suffer a ban. Because this entire response, just as you said in her goodbye thread seems fake.

Bench, Myself, and Many others have been in many flames wars and been banned for jumping on members like this. The fact that no one is getting banned for this, is literally a gift from God (airmax). Because flaming at someone and badgering them to the point of personal harm is fundamentally different than just raging normally. She was stalked on her profile, stalked in comments, and harassed in messages

If and when I see you publicly apologize to her, I'll believe that. Until then, it's as you say "bull"

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:46:26 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 2:42:45 AM, WillYouMarryMe wrote:
As far as we knew, she was just acting with incredibly bad conduct, and we responded in kind. Also, much of the stuff that she's saying hurt her most are things that, to my knowledge, no one even said (e.g. "kill yourself" and "you deserved the beatings").
That doesn't really matter. A moral high ground could have been taken. And we have known for a long time that she had some intense psychological problems that could have been enflaming her aggressive behaviour.

Rather than stoop down to that level, everyone who was engaging her could have blocked her and ignored her, but made the active choice to respond by attacking and belittling her instead... that much is not deniable.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:49:03 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 1:39:17 AM, Mikal wrote:
I have did my fair share of this in the past, and also acknowledged and accepted that I was wrong and also atoned for what I did. Bullying others for the sake of being a bully is wrong, no matter how you try to logically justify it.

I have seen this often referred to as mob mentality on here, and it is prevalent with clicks that form. Someone makes person (1) mad and then person (2) jumps in, and this continues to the point of of an entire click jumping someone for the sake of jumping them. This reminds me of high school drama, and was this actual high school, I would smack someone stupid for ganging up on one person in a gang like that.

This has continued to the extent of trying to "vote someone" off the island by majority vote, when the very people condoning and pushing for this action would be the proof of concept on the very method for which they are pushing for. I can't be more blunt than this because I'm sincerely pissed off

http://www.debate.org...

I'm not saying she hasn't did things that are wrong, she has. I was one of the first people to hate her when she joined the site, and took to the same things being done now. After talking to max and being put into a PM with her, she told me the same things she just wrote in this thread and we became really good friends. To this day we have been good friends, and she has did what she could to try and get over her past. She has issues which she has always acknowledged and which most of you knew about. More than half of you wished her well and was so happy to see her after the ordeal with her dad, then she comes back and you tell her that "she deserved it".

This also ranges anywhere from calling her literally retarded

http://www.debate.org...

To laughing at the fact that she was told to kill herself

http://www.debate.org...

To calling her stupid

http://www.debate.org...

To calling her ugly and being a waste of a life

(same comment section somewhere)

All the way to accusing her of making up an imaginary boyfriend

http://www.debate.org...


Most of us here are in highschool, or even older. I know this is online and we all want to measure our imaginary cocks, and also that this is an escape from life. Which I and many others have used to troll and have fun with at points.

Realize the dichotomy in between trolling for fun, and then harassing someone to the point they want to harm themselves. If and when she ever hurts herself, I hope the memory of her doing so burns into each and every one of your memories so that you never forget it and regret it till you die. I don't play with self harm, and neither should you. Bullying someone to that point is deplorable, and it sickens me.

I've said this in the past and I'll say it again, learn from my mistakes. When you hurt and harass someone, you never know what they are going through. The words you say to them could be their last, or also be the reason they decide to hurt themselves. Having fun on here is different than causing emotional trauma, and every person involved in this mob click bullying should be ashamed of yourselves

now seriously grow the fuk up and act like your an adult

Now this is a good concept (In theory, some people detract from the site and are simply abusive trolls {Raccoon 98/ Heil} and we should be able to democratically remove them after a "trial" debate as to their actual contributions) except for the fact that we might decide everyone should be voted off. But there is one thing that I just can't stand about your otherwise flawless post. To paraphrase the Catholic priest who wrote to Einstein- Your premise is correct but your spelling and grammar is deplorable. It's Clique.

I understand where you're coming from but sometimes this mob behavior should happen. Like with Heil. He taunted a user of this site for being gay to the point of near suicide and people mobbed on him and supported this user. They eventually got Heil' s VPN he was using banned due to an influx of complaints to Airmax and other mods.

But then there are the bad examples, like above, of the opposite happening, a bunch of people mob on someone for their opinion or belief.
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:49:25 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
I like Mikal but I could not disagree more with this op. When people deserve to sleep in the beds they made, and a person's background is not an excuse for being toxic. It might explain, but we all have choices, and those choices define our worth.

The sole defenses I have seen of Cassie are how other people have responded to her toxicity. None of that would have even happened if she was not the first aggressor. I have no sympathy for her, and I have no tolerance for those who disregard the disgusting way she acts.

I don't care about these specious arguments from mob rule, and I don't give a Sh!t about the people who want to make this about me. If you want to make this about me, then that is a pretty good sign that your opinion is worthless and you have missed the point.

But I have said enough.
Tsar of DDO
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:50:06 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 2:42:45 AM, WillYouMarryMe wrote:

She dug herself into that pit by her own doing -- she turned half the site against her by acting like an incredibly rude and arrogant brat. Yeah, sucks that her behavior stemmed from a personality disorder which was out of her control, but we had no way of knowing that. As far as we knew, she was just acting with incredibly bad conduct, and we responded in kind. Also, much of the stuff that she's saying hurt her most are things that, to my knowledge, no one even said (e.g. "kill yourself" and "you deserved the beatings").

I'm far to lazy to do it, but I bet you money I could find (if not me bossy, a post similar to this when she left last time) saying how fuked up her life is and what she goes through. Which everyone saw and welcomed.

Everyone knew she had issues, but wanted to rage at her just because she intepreted a vote poor. It did not just end with

"F*k you , my vote is good"

It went to ugly, stupid, lack of a human, etc and so forth. So much so that members wanted to see her banned. Everyone here is aware or was aware of her issues. The mind fuking stupid bullying that occurred was a choice by each and every person that participated in it.

Until that is acknowledged , nothing is fixed. Stuff got way out of hand, and went way to far, to the point of her telling me she could not deal with everyone hating her like this. Literally it's shameful that people can treat someone that way to the point they ponder harm.

Everyone needs to self reflect about how they treat others, not excluding myself. Just because of how stuff like this happens
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:52:54 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 2:42:45 AM, WillYouMarryMe wrote:

She dug herself into that pit by her own doing -- she turned half the site against her by acting like an incredibly rude and arrogant brat. Yeah, sucks that her behavior stemmed from a personality disorder which was out of her control, but we had no way of knowing that. As far as we knew, she was just acting with incredibly bad conduct, and we responded in kind. Also, much of the stuff that she's saying hurt her most are things that, to my knowledge, no one even said (e.g. "kill yourself" and "you deserved the beatings").

Whether you knew of her personal problems or not, the point is that you should have just let it go at some point. You already received vindication from many people.... there was just no need to congregate and then mock her. Mirza complained about the same thing before he left.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:53:33 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 2:49:03 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 12/27/2015 1:39:17 AM, Mikal wrote:
I have did my fair share of this in the past, and also acknowledged and accepted that I was wrong and also atoned for what I did. Bullying others for the sake of being a bully is wrong, no matter how you try to logically justify it.

I have seen this often referred to as mob mentality on here, and it is prevalent with clicks that form. Someone makes person (1) mad and then person (2) jumps in, and this continues to the point of of an entire click jumping someone for the sake of jumping them. This reminds me of high school drama, and was this actual high school, I would smack someone stupid for ganging up on one person in a gang like that.

This has continued to the extent of trying to "vote someone" off the island by majority vote, when the very people condoning and pushing for this action would be the proof of concept on the very method for which they are pushing for. I can't be more blunt than this because I'm sincerely pissed off

http://www.debate.org...

I'm not saying she hasn't did things that are wrong, she has. I was one of the first people to hate her when she joined the site, and took to the same things being done now. After talking to max and being put into a PM with her, she told me the same things she just wrote in this thread and we became really good friends. To this day we have been good friends, and she has did what she could to try and get over her past. She has issues which she has always acknowledged and which most of you knew about. More than half of you wished her well and was so happy to see her after the ordeal with her dad, then she comes back and you tell her that "she deserved it".

This also ranges anywhere from calling her literally retarded

http://www.debate.org...

To laughing at the fact that she was told to kill herself

http://www.debate.org...

To calling her stupid

http://www.debate.org...

To calling her ugly and being a waste of a life

(same comment section somewhere)

All the way to accusing her of making up an imaginary boyfriend

http://www.debate.org...


Most of us here are in highschool, or even older. I know this is online and we all want to measure our imaginary cocks, and also that this is an escape from life. Which I and many others have used to troll and have fun with at points.

Realize the dichotomy in between trolling for fun, and then harassing someone to the point they want to harm themselves. If and when she ever hurts herself, I hope the memory of her doing so burns into each and every one of your memories so that you never forget it and regret it till you die. I don't play with self harm, and neither should you. Bullying someone to that point is deplorable, and it sickens me.

I've said this in the past and I'll say it again, learn from my mistakes. When you hurt and harass someone, you never know what they are going through. The words you say to them could be their last, or also be the reason they decide to hurt themselves. Having fun on here is different than causing emotional trauma, and every person involved in this mob click bullying should be ashamed of yourselves

now seriously grow the fuk up and act like your an adult

Now this is a good concept (In theory, some people detract from the site and are simply abusive trolls {Raccoon 98/ Heil} and we should be able to democratically remove them after a "trial" debate as to their actual contributions) except for the fact that we might decide everyone should be voted off. But there is one thing that I just can't stand about your otherwise flawless post. To paraphrase the Catholic priest who wrote to Einstein- Your premise is correct but your spelling and grammar is deplorable. It's Clique.

I understand where you're coming from but sometimes this mob behavior should happen. Like with Heil. He taunted a user of this site for being gay to the point of near suicide and people mobbed on him and supported this user. They eventually got Heil' s VPN he was using banned due to an influx of complaints to Airmax and other mods.

But then there are the bad examples, like above, of the opposite happening, a bunch of people mob on someone for their opinion or belief.

Heil was also perma banned by airmax , nearly weeks of him joining the site. We are not moderators, and we should not act like it. Max has his office for a reason, which is to moderate. He has and always make the best decisions for the site, and has did nothing for us to take that right away from him. He has always acted in the best interest of the site, and I have no reason to believe that will change

With members such as heil, they will get perma banned just as he was. Many others before him suffered the same fate as well like RM, Malcomxy, etc and so forth
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 2:58:42 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 2:49:25 AM, YYW wrote:
I like Mikal but I could not disagree more with this op. When people deserve to sleep in the beds they made, and a person's background is not an excuse for being toxic. It might explain, but we all have choices, and those choices define our worth.

The sole defenses I have seen of Cassie are how other people have responded to her toxicity. None of that would have even happened if she was not the first aggressor. I have no sympathy for her, and I have no tolerance for those who disregard the disgusting way she acts.

I don't care about these specious arguments from mob rule, and I don't give a Sh!t about the people who want to make this about me. If you want to make this about me, then that is a pretty good sign that your opinion is worthless and you have missed the point.

But I have said enough.

I disagree with the entire concept of that post. You can disagree with how she acts, and take a road better traveled and not respond to her in the ways of others. I am not exempt from this, as I have did it in the past but that does not make it any more right.

If someone is being grievously toxic, the way to fix it is report it. Airmax can and will deal with best he sees fit. We far to often take on the role of a vigilante and try to run people off the site ourselves, without realizing what that person is going through and what is causing the problem.

I remember when RM was a major issue on the site, and you took him under your wing being the only person who wanted him around. I think it's fair to extend that same courtesy to everyone, and maintain the mindset that you held long ago.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 3:01:01 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 2:46:26 AM, Daltonian wrote:
At 12/27/2015 2:42:45 AM, WillYouMarryMe wrote:
As far as we knew, she was just acting with incredibly bad conduct, and we responded in kind. Also, much of the stuff that she's saying hurt her most are things that, to my knowledge, no one even said (e.g. "kill yourself" and "you deserved the beatings").
That doesn't really matter. A moral high ground could have been taken. And we have known for a long time that she had some intense psychological problems that could have been enflaming her aggressive behaviour.

Rather than stoop down to that level, everyone who was engaging her could have blocked her and ignored her, but made the active choice to respond by attacking and belittling her instead... that much is not deniable.

+1

'I shouldn't have to cultivate self control because this person doesn't have any' is a terrible argument. Self-control isn't just cultivated for other people's benefit; it is actually the bedrock of any real moral character development. By refusing to rein in their rabid responses, these people not only hurt someone else but lost any moral authority which they may have possessed. Look at FT for an example of someone who responded well to this; Zarro literally insulted him randomly at multiple opportunities but he never hit back viciously.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 3:01:37 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 2:53:33 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/27/2015 2:49:03 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 12/27/2015 1:39:17 AM, Mikal wrote:
I have did my fair share of this in the past, and also acknowledged and accepted that I was wrong and also atoned for what I did. Bullying others for the sake of being a bully is wrong, no matter how you try to logically justify it.

I have seen this often referred to as mob mentality on here, and it is prevalent with clicks that form. Someone makes person (1) mad and then person (2) jumps in, and this continues to the point of of an entire click jumping someone for the sake of jumping them. This reminds me of high school drama, and was this actual high school, I would smack someone stupid for ganging up on one person in a gang like that.

This has continued to the extent of trying to "vote someone" off the island by majority vote, when the very people condoning and pushing for this action would be the proof of concept on the very method for which they are pushing for. I can't be more blunt than this because I'm sincerely pissed off

http://www.debate.org...

I'm not saying she hasn't did things that are wrong, she has. I was one of the first people to hate her when she joined the site, and took to the same things being done now. After talking to max and being put into a PM with her, she told me the same things she just wrote in this thread and we became really good friends. To this day we have been good friends, and she has did what she could to try and get over her past. She has issues which she has always acknowledged and which most of you knew about. More than half of you wished her well and was so happy to see her after the ordeal with her dad, then she comes back and you tell her that "she deserved it".

This also ranges anywhere from calling her literally retarded

http://www.debate.org...

To laughing at the fact that she was told to kill herself

http://www.debate.org...

To calling her stupid

http://www.debate.org...

To calling her ugly and being a waste of a life

(same comment section somewhere)

All the way to accusing her of making up an imaginary boyfriend

http://www.debate.org...


Most of us here are in highschool, or even older. I know this is online and we all want to measure our imaginary cocks, and also that this is an escape from life. Which I and many others have used to troll and have fun with at points.

Realize the dichotomy in between trolling for fun, and then harassing someone to the point they want to harm themselves. If and when she ever hurts herself, I hope the memory of her doing so burns into each and every one of your memories so that you never forget it and regret it till you die. I don't play with self harm, and neither should you. Bullying someone to that point is deplorable, and it sickens me.

I've said this in the past and I'll say it again, learn from my mistakes. When you hurt and harass someone, you never know what they are going through. The words you say to them could be their last, or also be the reason they decide to hurt themselves. Having fun on here is different than causing emotional trauma, and every person involved in this mob click bullying should be ashamed of yourselves

now seriously grow the fuk up and act like your an adult

Now this is a good concept (In theory, some people detract from the site and are simply abusive trolls {Raccoon 98/ Heil} and we should be able to democratically remove them after a "trial" debate as to their actual contributions) except for the fact that we might decide everyone should be voted off. But there is one thing that I just can't stand about your otherwise flawless post. To paraphrase the Catholic priest who wrote to Einstein- Your premise is correct but your spelling and grammar is deplorable. It's Clique.

I understand where you're coming from but sometimes this mob behavior should happen. Like with Heil. He taunted a user of this site for being gay to the point of near suicide and people mobbed on him and supported this user. They eventually got Heil' s VPN he was using banned due to an influx of complaints to Airmax and other mods.

But then there are the bad examples, like above, of the opposite happening, a bunch of people mob on someone for their opinion or belief.

Heil was also perma banned by airmax , nearly weeks of him joining the site. We are not moderators, and we should not act like it. Max has his office for a reason, which is to moderate. He has and always make the best decisions for the site, and has did nothing for us to take that right away from him. He has always acted in the best interest of the site, and I have no reason to believe that will change

Except he's one guy, he can't do it all. There are still issues from almost 6 months ago that I know have resulted in next to nothing, if not nothing. I'm just saying that there should be a system to vote some of the more horrid users that don't actually break any rules so Airmax can't do anything but simply ask them to stop (like a certain user I will not mention due to a ban which I respect and I). I think that this system could do some good, if used correctly.

With members such as heil, they will get perma banned just as he was. Many others before him suffered the same fate as well like RM, Malcomxy, etc and so forth

But what about those users who never break a rule? The ones who insult and blast others for their opinion and actions that are in every way acceptable but their actions towards these users and opinion holders are not and we should be able to do something about it. It's your opinion, but you need to "deal with it" when users disagree.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 3:07:41 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 3:01:37 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 12/27/2015 2:53:33 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/27/2015 2:49:03 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 12/27/2015 1:39:17 AM, Mikal wrote:
I have did my fair share of this in the past, and also acknowledged and accepted that I was wrong and also atoned for what I did. Bullying others for the sake of being a bully is wrong, no matter how you try to logically justify it.

I have seen this often referred to as mob mentality on here, and it is prevalent with clicks that form. Someone makes person (1) mad and then person (2) jumps in, and this continues to the point of of an entire click jumping someone for the sake of jumping them. This reminds me of high school drama, and was this actual high school, I would smack someone stupid for ganging up on one person in a gang like that.

This has continued to the extent of trying to "vote someone" off the island by majority vote, when the very people condoning and pushing for this action would be the proof of concept on the very method for which they are pushing for. I can't be more blunt than this because I'm sincerely pissed off

http://www.debate.org...

I'm not saying she hasn't did things that are wrong, she has. I was one of the first people to hate her when she joined the site, and took to the same things being done now. After talking to max and being put into a PM with her, she told me the same things she just wrote in this thread and we became really good friends. To this day we have been good friends, and she has did what she could to try and get over her past. She has issues which she has always acknowledged and which most of you knew about. More than half of you wished her well and was so happy to see her after the ordeal with her dad, then she comes back and you tell her that "she deserved it".

This also ranges anywhere from calling her literally retarded

http://www.debate.org...

To laughing at the fact that she was told to kill herself

http://www.debate.org...

To calling her stupid

http://www.debate.org...

To calling her ugly and being a waste of a life

(same comment section somewhere)

All the way to accusing her of making up an imaginary boyfriend

http://www.debate.org...


Most of us here are in highschool, or even older. I know this is online and we all want to measure our imaginary cocks, and also that this is an escape from life. Which I and many others have used to troll and have fun with at points.

Realize the dichotomy in between trolling for fun, and then harassing someone to the point they want to harm themselves. If and when she ever hurts herself, I hope the memory of her doing so burns into each and every one of your memories so that you never forget it and regret it till you die. I don't play with self harm, and neither should you. Bullying someone to that point is deplorable, and it sickens me.

I've said this in the past and I'll say it again, learn from my mistakes. When you hurt and harass someone, you never know what they are going through. The words you say to them could be their last, or also be the reason they decide to hurt themselves. Having fun on here is different than causing emotional trauma, and every person involved in this mob click bullying should be ashamed of yourselves

now seriously grow the fuk up and act like your an adult

Now this is a good concept (In theory, some people detract from the site and are simply abusive trolls {Raccoon 98/ Heil} and we should be able to democratically remove them after a "trial" debate as to their actual contributions) except for the fact that we might decide everyone should be voted off. But there is one thing that I just can't stand about your otherwise flawless post. To paraphrase the Catholic priest who wrote to Einstein- Your premise is correct but your spelling and grammar is deplorable. It's Clique.

I understand where you're coming from but sometimes this mob behavior should happen. Like with Heil. He taunted a user of this site for being gay to the point of near suicide and people mobbed on him and supported this user. They eventually got Heil' s VPN he was using banned due to an influx of complaints to Airmax and other mods.

But then there are the bad examples, like above, of the opposite happening, a bunch of people mob on someone for their opinion or belief.

Heil was also perma banned by airmax , nearly weeks of him joining the site. We are not moderators, and we should not act like it. Max has his office for a reason, which is to moderate. He has and always make the best decisions for the site, and has did nothing for us to take that right away from him. He has always acted in the best interest of the site, and I have no reason to believe that will change

Except he's one guy, he can't do it all. There are still issues from almost 6 months ago that I know have resulted in next to nothing, if not nothing. I'm just saying that there should be a system to vote some of the more horrid users that don't actually break any rules so Airmax can't do anything but simply ask them to stop (like a certain user I will not mention due to a ban which I respect and I). I think that this system could do some good, if used correctly.

With members such as heil, they will get perma banned just as he was. Many others before him suffered the same fate as well like RM, Malcomxy, etc and so forth

But what about those users who never break a rule? The ones who insult and blast others for their opinion and actions that are in every way acceptable but their actions towards these users and opinion holders are not and we should be able to do something about it. It's your opinion, but you need to "deal with it" when users disagree.

Your more than welcome to disagree but that does not make it any more factual. Airmax has did everything, and has lightened the load by getting back up mods. If you report something that does not necessitate that it is in fact going to result in the outcome you want. He is to light and he often gives people multiple chances before acting which could be his one and only criticism.

Not even going into the flaws and bad outcomes of appeal to majority. The past elections are a primary reason as to why there should not be a mass voting on whether someone is banned. It's quite easy to break
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 3:13:27 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 3:07:41 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/27/2015 3:01:37 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 12/27/2015 2:53:33 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/27/2015 2:49:03 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 12/27/2015 1:39:17 AM, Mikal wrote:
I have did my fair share of this in the past, and also acknowledged and accepted that I was wrong and also atoned for what I did. Bullying others for the sake of being a bully is wrong, no matter how you try to logically justify it.

I have seen this often referred to as mob mentality on here, and it is prevalent with clicks that form. Someone makes person (1) mad and then person (2) jumps in, and this continues to the point of of an entire click jumping someone for the sake of jumping them. This reminds me of high school drama, and was this actual high school, I would smack someone stupid for ganging up on one person in a gang like that.

This has continued to the extent of trying to "vote someone" off the island by majority vote, when the very people condoning and pushing for this action would be the proof of concept on the very method for which they are pushing for. I can't be more blunt than this because I'm sincerely pissed off

http://www.debate.org...

I'm not saying she hasn't did things that are wrong, she has. I was one of the first people to hate her when she joined the site, and took to the same things being done now. After talking to max and being put into a PM with her, she told me the same things she just wrote in this thread and we became really good friends. To this day we have been good friends, and she has did what she could to try and get over her past. She has issues which she has always acknowledged and which most of you knew about. More than half of you wished her well and was so happy to see her after the ordeal with her dad, then she comes back and you tell her that "she deserved it".

This also ranges anywhere from calling her literally retarded

http://www.debate.org...

To laughing at the fact that she was told to kill herself

http://www.debate.org...

To calling her stupid

http://www.debate.org...

To calling her ugly and being a waste of a life

(same comment section somewhere)

All the way to accusing her of making up an imaginary boyfriend

http://www.debate.org...


Most of us here are in highschool, or even older. I know this is online and we all want to measure our imaginary cocks, and also that this is an escape from life. Which I and many others have used to troll and have fun with at points.

Realize the dichotomy in between trolling for fun, and then harassing someone to the point they want to harm themselves. If and when she ever hurts herself, I hope the memory of her doing so burns into each and every one of your memories so that you never forget it and regret it till you die. I don't play with self harm, and neither should you. Bullying someone to that point is deplorable, and it sickens me.

I've said this in the past and I'll say it again, learn from my mistakes. When you hurt and harass someone, you never know what they are going through. The words you say to them could be their last, or also be the reason they decide to hurt themselves. Having fun on here is different than causing emotional trauma, and every person involved in this mob click bullying should be ashamed of yourselves

now seriously grow the fuk up and act like your an adult

Now this is a good concept (In theory, some people detract from the site and are simply abusive trolls {Raccoon 98/ Heil} and we should be able to democratically remove them after a "trial" debate as to their actual contributions) except for the fact that we might decide everyone should be voted off. But there is one thing that I just can't stand about your otherwise flawless post. To paraphrase the Catholic priest who wrote to Einstein- Your premise is correct but your spelling and grammar is deplorable. It's Clique.

I understand where you're coming from but sometimes this mob behavior should happen. Like with Heil. He taunted a user of this site for being gay to the point of near suicide and people mobbed on him and supported this user. They eventually got Heil' s VPN he was using banned due to an influx of complaints to Airmax and other mods.

But then there are the bad examples, like above, of the opposite happening, a bunch of people mob on someone for their opinion or belief.

Heil was also perma banned by airmax , nearly weeks of him joining the site. We are not moderators, and we should not act like it. Max has his office for a reason, which is to moderate. He has and always make the best decisions for the site, and has did nothing for us to take that right away from him. He has always acted in the best interest of the site, and I have no reason to believe that will change

Except he's one guy, he can't do it all. There are still issues from almost 6 months ago that I know have resulted in next to nothing, if not nothing. I'm just saying that there should be a system to vote some of the more horrid users that don't actually break any rules so Airmax can't do anything but simply ask them to stop (like a certain user I will not mention due to a ban which I respect and I). I think that this system could do some good, if used correctly.

With members such as heil, they will get perma banned just as he was. Many others before him suffered the same fate as well like RM, Malcomxy, etc and so forth

But what about those users who never break a rule? The ones who insult and blast others for their opinion and actions that are in every way acceptable but their actions towards these users and opinion holders are not and we should be able to do something about it. It's your opinion, but you need to "deal with it" when users disagree.

Your more than welcome to disagree but that does not make it any more factual. Airmax has did everything, and has lightened the load by getting back up mods. If you report something that does not necessitate that it is in fact going to result in the outcome you want. He is to light and he often gives people multiple chances before acting which could be his one and only criticism.

The instance I refer to is a threat of MURDER and not a single thing happened. Not even a Pm. But I digress.

Not even going into the flaws and bad outcomes of appeal to majority. The past elections are a primary reason as to why there should not be a mass voting on whether someone is banned. It's quite easy to break

I am thinking more of a poll system. but I digress. Members deserve a say on the removal of fellow members, and I thin k I have a system that would work
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 3:15:36 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 3:13:27 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 12/27/2015 3:07:41 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/27/2015 3:01:37 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 12/27/2015 2:53:33 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/27/2015 2:49:03 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 12/27/2015 1:39:17 AM, Mikal wrote:
I have did my fair share of this in the past, and also acknowledged and accepted that I was wrong and also atoned for what I did. Bullying others for the sake of being a bully is wrong, no matter how you try to logically justify it.

I have seen this often referred to as mob mentality on here, and it is prevalent with clicks that form. Someone makes person (1) mad and then person (2) jumps in, and this continues to the point of of an entire click jumping someone for the sake of jumping them. This reminds me of high school drama, and was this actual high school, I would smack someone stupid for ganging up on one person in a gang like that.

This has continued to the extent of trying to "vote someone" off the island by majority vote, when the very people condoning and pushing for this action would be the proof of concept on the very method for which they are pushing for. I can't be more blunt than this because I'm sincerely pissed off

http://www.debate.org...

I'm not saying she hasn't did things that are wrong, she has. I was one of the first people to hate her when she joined the site, and took to the same things being done now. After talking to max and being put into a PM with her, she told me the same things she just wrote in this thread and we became really good friends. To this day we have been good friends, and she has did what she could to try and get over her past. She has issues which she has always acknowledged and which most of you knew about. More than half of you wished her well and was so happy to see her after the ordeal with her dad, then she comes back and you tell her that "she deserved it".

This also ranges anywhere from calling her literally retarded

http://www.debate.org...

To laughing at the fact that she was told to kill herself

http://www.debate.org...

To calling her stupid

http://www.debate.org...

To calling her ugly and being a waste of a life

(same comment section somewhere)

All the way to accusing her of making up an imaginary boyfriend

http://www.debate.org...


Most of us here are in highschool, or even older. I know this is online and we all want to measure our imaginary cocks, and also that this is an escape from life. Which I and many others have used to troll and have fun with at points.

Realize the dichotomy in between trolling for fun, and then harassing someone to the point they want to harm themselves. If and when she ever hurts herself, I hope the memory of her doing so burns into each and every one of your memories so that you never forget it and regret it till you die. I don't play with self harm, and neither should you. Bullying someone to that point is deplorable, and it sickens me.

I've said this in the past and I'll say it again, learn from my mistakes. When you hurt and harass someone, you never know what they are going through. The words you say to them could be their last, or also be the reason they decide to hurt themselves. Having fun on here is different than causing emotional trauma, and every person involved in this mob click bullying should be ashamed of yourselves

now seriously grow the fuk up and act like your an adult

Now this is a good concept (In theory, some people detract from the site and are simply abusive trolls {Raccoon 98/ Heil} and we should be able to democratically remove them after a "trial" debate as to their actual contributions) except for the fact that we might decide everyone should be voted off. But there is one thing that I just can't stand about your otherwise flawless post. To paraphrase the Catholic priest who wrote to Einstein- Your premise is correct but your spelling and grammar is deplorable. It's Clique.

I understand where you're coming from but sometimes this mob behavior should happen. Like with Heil. He taunted a user of this site for being gay to the point of near suicide and people mobbed on him and supported this user. They eventually got Heil' s VPN he was using banned due to an influx of complaints to Airmax and other mods.

But then there are the bad examples, like above, of the opposite happening, a bunch of people mob on someone for their opinion or belief.

Heil was also perma banned by airmax , nearly weeks of him joining the site. We are not moderators, and we should not act like it. Max has his office for a reason, which is to moderate. He has and always make the best decisions for the site, and has did nothing for us to take that right away from him. He has always acted in the best interest of the site, and I have no reason to believe that will change

Except he's one guy, he can't do it all. There are still issues from almost 6 months ago that I know have resulted in next to nothing, if not nothing. I'm just saying that there should be a system to vote some of the more horrid users that don't actually break any rules so Airmax can't do anything but simply ask them to stop (like a certain user I will not mention due to a ban which I respect and I). I think that this system could do some good, if used correctly.

With members such as heil, they will get perma banned just as he was. Many others before him suffered the same fate as well like RM, Malcomxy, etc and so forth

But what about those users who never break a rule? The ones who insult and blast others for their opinion and actions that are in every way acceptable but their actions towards these users and opinion holders are not and we should be able to do something about it. It's your opinion, but you need to "deal with it" when users disagree.

Your more than welcome to disagree but that does not make it any more factual. Airmax has did everything, and has lightened the load by getting back up mods. If you report something that does not necessitate that it is in fact going to result in the outcome you want. He is to light and he often gives people multiple chances before acting which could be his one and only criticism.

The instance I refer to is a threat of MURDER and not a single thing happened. Not even a Pm. But I digress.

Not even going into the flaws and bad outcomes of appeal to majority. The past elections are a primary reason as to why there should not be a mass voting on whether someone is banned. It's quite easy to break

I am thinking more of a poll system. but I digress. Members deserve a say on the removal of fellow members, and I thin k I have a system that would work

Members do have a say as to whether a member is banned. I have petitioned for quite a few members to get bans and they have received them when necessary. Such as posting porn, flaming, hurting others etc. It comes after multiple warnings etc, but you can report it and make a case to max and he will
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 3:25:45 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
I lost my waifu over this.

This has been a bad day.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 3:30:20 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 3:15:36 AM, Mikal wrote:

Members do have a say as to whether a member is banned. I have petitioned for quite a few members to get bans and they have received them when necessary. Such as posting porn, flaming, hurt

Except for when no rules are broken. Some members on this site are just abusive and sometimes (No offence) Airmax can be a bit too forgiving. I'm not saying I have been a perfect user, but I believe that, under the right rules, direct voting off of users would work fine. Airmax, under the system I have in mind, would still have the final say in the ban. I think it soulld work like this

1- a creation of a poll section just for the suggested bans
2- a time limit placed on voting time
3- at least 100 members have to vote yes for a ban
4- a creation of a list of at least ten reasons as to why the user deserves a ban (not inclusive of broken rules) and then a list of rules broken, if any.
5- the creator sends Airmax the link and his/her own reasons for the banning.
6- Airmax gets the final say
7- if necessary, a "trial"
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 3:31:50 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 3:30:20 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 12/27/2015 3:15:36 AM, Mikal wrote:

Members do have a say as to whether a member is banned. I have petitioned for quite a few members to get bans and they have received them when necessary. Such as posting porn, flaming, hurt

Except for when no rules are broken. Some members on this site are just abusive and sometimes (No offence) Airmax can be a bit too forgiving. I'm not saying I have been a perfect user, but I believe that, under the right rules, direct voting off of users would work fine. Airmax, under the system I have in mind, would still have the final say in the ban. I think it soulld work like this

1- a creation of a poll section just for the suggested bans
2- a time limit placed on voting time
3- at least 100 members have to vote yes for a ban
4- a creation of a list of at least ten reasons as to why the user deserves a ban (not inclusive of broken rules) and then a list of rules broken, if any.
5- the creator sends Airmax the link and his/her own reasons for the banning.
6- Airmax gets the final say
7- if necessary, a "trial"

you realize you can justify the holocaust with that logic. That is literally why a legal system was made , to prevent that from happening.

Because what you are actually saying is that the members should decide, if airmax has the final say, there is no diff than now and it's pointless
WillYouMarryMe
Posts: 247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 3:36:08 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Oh goody. All of DDO's self-proclaimed voices-of-reason have arrived to condemn our actions! Despite not having even been involved in the conflict at hand, they do not hesitate to opine on it and let everyone know of their immense moral high ground. Sounds quite familiar. This happened only 2 weeks ago, in fact. The minute DDO's presidential elections finished up, all of the site's resident self-righteous pricks performed their duty of making sure we felt bad for daring to pick the non-elite-backed side.

Fvck off.

This is precisely the reason why I closed Romanii and tried leaving for good. If I wasn't so irrationally addicted to this sh!tty site, I would have stayed gone. What a joke. Imma try it again.
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 3:37:05 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 3:31:50 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/27/2015 3:30:20 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 12/27/2015 3:15:36 AM, Mikal wrote:

Members do have a say as to whether a member is banned. I have petitioned for quite a few members to get bans and they have received them when necessary. Such as posting porn, flaming, hurt

Except for when no rules are broken. Some members on this site are just abusive and sometimes (No offence) Airmax can be a bit too forgiving. I'm not saying I have been a perfect user, but I believe that, under the right rules, direct voting off of users would work fine. Airmax, under the system I have in mind, would still have the final say in the ban. I think it soulld work like this

1- a creation of a poll section just for the suggested bans
2- a time limit placed on voting time
3- at least 100 members have to vote yes for a ban
4- a creation of a list of at least ten reasons as to why the user deserves a ban (not inclusive of broken rules) and then a list of rules broken, if any.
5- the creator sends Airmax the link and his/her own reasons for the banning.
6- Airmax gets the final say
7- if necessary, a "trial"

you realize you can justify the holocaust with that logic. That is literally why a legal system was made , to prevent that from happening.

Because what you are actually saying is that the members should decide, if airmax has the final say, there is no diff than now and it's pointless

Oh, sorry, forgot to complete my thoughts.

After said "trial", 100 voters unaware of the other user's existence read both arguments and then get to vote on it. If the original 100 still wish for a ban, 300 votes would be required on a revised poll, with a 2/3rds majority deciding the fate of the user. I actually modeled this after the American bill passing system/initiative voting.