UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 6:47:49 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Here are a few topics I'd lIke to do

"Religiom was not the primary cause of the Taiping Revolt" Con

"China would have been better off under the Guomingdang" Pro or Con, position not yet established.

"The century of humiliation was inevitable" Pro

"China was better off under the Qin (Compared to the dynasty afterwards)" Pro
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 6:48:39 AM
At 12/27/2015 6:47:49 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

"China would have been better off under the Guomingdang" Pro or Con, position not yet established.

Oops, I meant Pro in regards to the first topic.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 6:50:50 AM

Penguin, I got to admit, I just don;t know who you are talking about most of the time. Chinese? Are they the ones who make Kung Pao chicken?
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 6:55:50 AM
At 12/27/2015 6:50:50 AM, TBR wrote:

Penguin, I got to admit, I just don;t know who you are talking about most of the time. Chinese? Are they the ones who make Kung Pao chicken?

I'll just check Google: https://www.google.ca...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 6:56:39 AM
PS: This thread is now a colony of the History forum. Siege of the rest of the main forum shall begin shortly.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 7:02:12 AM

Ching chong ching chang chong
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 7:04:14 AM
At 12/27/2015 7:02:12 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Me no speak the ching Chong. Say it in moons peak.

Desu desu desu kawaii.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 7:06:56 AM
At 12/27/2015 7:04:14 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Desu desu desu kawaii.

What the desu did you just desu about me, you little desu? I"ll have you know I graduated top of my desu in the Navy Desus, and I"ve been involved in numerous secret desus on Al-Desu, and I have over 300 confirmed desus. I am trained in desu warfare and I"m the top desu in the entire US armed desu. You are nothing to me but just another desu. I will desu you the desu out with desu the likes of which has never been seen before on this desu, mark my desu. You think you can get away with saying that desu to me over the desu? Think again, desu. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of desu across the USA and your desu is being traced right now so you better prepare for the spam, maggot. The spam that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your desu. You"re desu, kid. I can be desu, desu, and I can desu you in over desu ways, and that"s just with my bare desu. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed desu, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Desu and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable desu off the face of the desu, you little desu. If only you could have known what unholy desu your little "desu" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your desu. But you desu, you desu, and now you"re desu, you goddamn desu. I will desu all over you and you will drown in it. You"re desu, kiddo.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 7:10:09 AM
At 12/27/2015 7:06:56 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Desu desu desu kawaii.

What the desu did you just desu about me, you little desu? I"ll have you know I graduated top of my desu in the Navy Desus, and I"ve been involved in numerous secret desus on Al-Desu, and I have over 300 confirmed desus. I am trained in desu warfare and I"m the top desu in the entire US armed desu. You are nothing to me but just another desu. I will desu you the desu out with desu the likes of which has never been seen before on this desu, mark my desu. You think you can get away with saying that desu to me over the desu? Think again, desu. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of desu across the USA and your desu is being traced right now so you better prepare for the spam, maggot. The spam that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your desu. You"re desu, kid. I can be desu, desu, and I can desu you in over desu ways, and that"s just with my bare desu. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed desu, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Desu and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable desu off the face of the desu, you little desu. If only you could have known what unholy desu your little "desu" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your desu. But you desu, you desu, and now you"re desu, you goddamn desu. I will desu all over you and you will drown in it. You"re desu, kiddo.
https://www.google.ca...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 7:10:53 AM
At 12/27/2015 7:10:09 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Desu desu desu kawaii.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com...

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 7:12:56 AM
At 12/27/2015 7:10:53 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Desu desu desu kawaii.

http://s958.photobucket.com...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 7:17:11 AM
At 12/27/2015 7:12:56 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Desu desu desu kawaii.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 7:21:02 AM
At 12/27/2015 7:17:11 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Desu desu desu kawaii.

Too lazy to find anothet meme. We don't negotiate with heretics.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 7:21:37 AM
At 12/27/2015 6:50:54 AM, johnlubba wrote:
How about,

Bruce Lee was good at Kung Fu, I'll take Pro.

That's all I got dude.

I hate kung fu. I will debate pot-stickers.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 7:22:23 AM
At 12/27/2015 7:21:02 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:17:11 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Desu desu desu kawaii.

Too lazy to find anothet meme. We don't negotiate with heretics.

Heresy is non-negotiable, just like democracy.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 7:27:31 AM
At 12/27/2015 7:21:37 AM, TBR wrote:
At 12/27/2015 6:50:54 AM, johnlubba wrote:
How about,

Bruce Lee was good at Kung Fu, I'll take Pro.

That's all I got dude.

I hate kung fu. I will debate pot-stickers.

I concede already, All points to my opponent for an extremely well thought out and argued debate. FF
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 11:22:55 AM

The Han Dynasty was very long, Uther. Was the country better off during the Qin Dynasty than late Eastern Han? Probably. Was the Qin Dynasty better than the glorious days of Western Han? Probably not.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 6:00:32 AM
At 12/27/2015 11:22:55 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:

The Han Dynasty was very long, Uther. Was the country better off during the Qin Dynasty than late Eastern Han? Probably. Was the Qin Dynasty better than the glorious days of Western Han? Probably not.
One may argue that China was more stable under the Qin Than the Western Han. Alongside Qin being the first dynasty to bring unification since the Zhou.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 3:11:57 PM
At 12/28/2015 6:00:32 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

One may argue that China was more stable under the Qin Than the Western Han. Alongside Qin being the first dynasty to bring unification since the Zhou.

I would not call it stable. The Qin Dyansty's draconian legalist policies created an illusion of stability by instilling fear. Yet austere authoritarianism, coupled with Qin Shi Huang's lofty tax rates and corvee system, could only breed dissatisfaction. The moment QSH confiscated every knife in the nation to avoid rebellion, the dynasty had become a powder keg. The fact that two peasants with wielding sticks quickly led to the crumbling of the empire shows how unstable the empire really was.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:

Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 3:12:30 PM
At 12/28/2015 3:11:57 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:

I would not call it stable. The Qin Dyansty's draconian legalist policies created an illusion of stability by instilling fear. Yet austere authoritarianism, coupled with Qin Shi Huang's lofty tax rates and corvee system, could only breed dissatisfaction. The moment QSH confiscated every knife in the nation to avoid rebellion, the dynasty had become a powder keg. The fact that two peasants wielding sticks quickly led to the crumbling of the empire shows how unstable the empire really was.

fixed

Don't be a stat cynic:

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 10:36:34 PM

I would not call it stable. The Qin Dyansty's draconian legalist policies created an illusion of stability by instilling fear. Yet austere authoritarianism, coupled with Qin Shi Huang's lofty tax rates and corvee system, could only breed dissatisfaction. The moment QSH confiscated every knife in the nation to avoid rebellion, the dynasty had become a powder keg. The fact that two peasants with wielding sticks quickly led to the crumbling of the empire shows how unstable the empire really was.

One could argue that Liu Bang's rebellion wasn't a result of the Qin's instability, but the overall political climate of CHina in general. The warring states period had lasted for over 2 centuries, meaning that QSH needed to quickly consolidate his power in order to keep China unified. The fact that two peasants could so easily overthrow the Qin just shows how divided the country still was even after unification. Making radical changes in government would require a period of temoporary authoritarianism, otherwise power could not be properly maintained.

You see this in most revolutions. For example, Robespierre had to go crazy-dictator mode in order to stabliize and consolidate the power of the new government, he couldn't allow France to relax it's policies out of the fear that the country would descend into further instablity.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 3:51:02 PM
At 12/29/2015 10:36:34 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

One could argue that Liu Bang's rebellion wasn't a result of the Qin's instability, but the overall political climate of CHina in general. The warring states period had lasted for over 2 centuries, meaning that QSH needed to quickly consolidate his power in order to keep China unified. The fact that two peasants could so easily overthrow the Qin just shows how divided the country still was even after unification. Making radical changes in government would require a period of temoporary authoritarianism, otherwise power could not be properly maintained.

You see this in most revolutions. For example, Robespierre had to go crazy-dictator mode in order to stabliize and consolidate the power of the new government, he couldn't allow France to relax it's policies out of the fear that the country would descend into further instablity.

I don't think it was necessary TBH. The chaos of Eastern Zhou was caused by the waning power of the Zhou king and the rise of warlords in the major states. QSH achieved that by centralising power. But the extreme authoritarianism was simply an expansion of hitherto successful legalist policies that had been in place since Duke Xiao. QSH likely believed it was the only way for his dynasty to sustain for eternity.

I wasn't talking about Liu Bang BTW. I was referring to Chen Sheng and Wu Guang, and you do know how their story goes, right? :)

Don't be a stat cynic:

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 11:04:49 PM

You big man, you go home now.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%