Jump to topic:

On Feigned Victimization

ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 8:44:29 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
There is something uniquely enraging about feigned victimization that evokes at once the impression of entitlement and petulance which is perhaps among the strongest testaments to an individual's character and moral worth that can be proffered. By positioning ones self as a victim in any given context (which is not to be confused with being made a victim by another), by feigning persecution one's actions are purposed to evoke unmerited sympathy -which is both an affront to those who are truly victimized and an attempted exploitation of onlooker's who may not be privy to the facts of a given circumstance. It is a particularly insidious form of manipulation which evinces, especially when done before a community, the worst in a community by showing its lowest member to those who see through its bullsh!t, and revealing the most easily snowed by showing those who believe it against those who do not. A healthy community of morally adroit people do not tolerate it, a weak community tolerates or embraces, the weakest community protects it and chastises those who do not tolerate it.

If bullsh!t is that place beteween the truth and ignorance, the bullshitter is he whom exploits his listeners by capitalizing on those whom may be deceived in the absence of a familiarity with the context of the situation with which they are confronted. He who feigns victimization gambols on his audience's ignorance by manipulating their sympathies, ignoring relevant facts at hand and to the end of garnering support in defense of an "aggressor" labeled so only by the bullshitter's bullsh!t. The public spectacle is the vehicle by which self-victimization as such is manufactured. But it should not be said that he who pretends to be accosted is a liar, for where the liar takes measures to conceal the truth -the bullshitter, perhaps knowing or not knowing the truth, pays the truth no regard by acting without regard for it.

When self-victimization as such, manufactured bullsh!t as it is, is not met with retribution, those who are truly victims become indistinguishable from those who are mere charlatans of their own suffering. Indifference, then, cannot be the only response to feigned victimization, and it therefore must be stamped out, purged from the community that it may not continue, that it may in no form be tolerated, that it may not be given license to continue. The feigner of victimization must be dealt with swiftly and severely, and the community and the context in which bullsh!t as such must be shown what occurred and why -that they may know that pretending to be harmed is unacceptable.

Worse yet is the one who feigns victimization in response to the very actions he inflicts upon others -and in that moment, the charlatan of his own suffering acquires the additional label of hypocrite, and only amplifies the extent to which he harms the community as a whole by bastardizes reality by exploiting onlooker's potential ignorance of context. Those persons, especially, are neither members of a community nor are they due protection by a community's standards or policies -they are due only the swiftest and severest retribution to the extent necessary. Those who see through bullsh!t as such have a duty to expose it, accordingly.

That is all.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 8:56:46 AM
At 12/28/2015 8:44:29 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
There is something uniquely enraging about feigned victimization that evokes at once the impression of entitlement and petulance which is perhaps among the strongest testaments to an individual's character and moral worth that can be proffered. By positioning ones self as a victim in any given context (which is not to be confused with being made a victim by another), by feigning persecution one's actions are purposed to evoke unmerited sympathy -which is both an affront to those who are truly victimized and an attempted exploitation of onlooker's who may not be privy to the facts of a given circumstance. It is a particularly insidious form of manipulation which evinces, especially when done before a community, the worst in a community by showing its lowest member to those who see through its bullsh!t, and revealing the most easily snowed by showing those who believe it against those who do not. A healthy community of morally adroit people do not tolerate it, a weak community tolerates or embraces, the weakest community protects it and chastises those who do not tolerate it.

If bullsh!t is that place beteween the truth and ignorance, the bullshitter is he whom exploits his listeners by capitalizing on those whom may be deceived in the absence of a familiarity with the context of the situation with which they are confronted. He who feigns victimization gambols on his audience's ignorance by manipulating their sympathies, ignoring relevant facts at hand and to the end of garnering support in defense of an "aggressor" labeled so only by the bullshitter's bullsh!t. The public spectacle is the vehicle by which self-victimization as such is manufactured. But it should not be said that he who pretends to be accosted is a liar, for where the liar takes measures to conceal the truth -the bullshitter, perhaps knowing or not knowing the truth, pays the truth no regard by acting without regard for it.

When self-victimization as such, manufactured bullsh!t as it is, is not met with retribution, those who are truly victims become indistinguishable from those who are mere charlatans of their own suffering. Indifference, then, cannot be the only response to feigned victimization, and it therefore must be stamped out, purged from the community that it may not continue, that it may in no form be tolerated, that it may not be given license to continue. The feigner of victimization must be dealt with swiftly and severely, and the community and the context in which bullsh!t as such must be shown what occurred and why -that they may know that pretending to be harmed is unacceptable.

Worse yet is the one who feigns victimization in response to the very actions he inflicts upon others -and in that moment, the charlatan of his own suffering acquires the additional label of hypocrite, and only amplifies the extent to which he harms the community as a whole by bastardizes reality by exploiting onlooker's potential ignorance of context. Those persons, especially, are neither members of a community nor are they due protection by a community's standards or policies -they are due only the swiftest and severest retribution to the extent necessary. Those who see through bullsh!t as such have a duty to expose it, accordingly.

That is all.

This is why you are an irrelevant member, Bossy. This kind of garbage. I wrote that post, and you in one instance (less than five minutes ago) say that you're never going to respond to me again, yet you're still actively trying to manipulate the narrative of what happened here with Cassie.

Look around you. No one believes you, and no one considers what you have to say...
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 9:06:47 AM
And I want to be very clear about something else as well...

You will continue on with this exercise in vanity, probably for a few more days because --and I can sense it in the tone of your posts-- you believe in the righteousness of what you're doing. But, the reality is that what you're doing is disgusting, and your attempts to distort what happened here will yield no fruit.

Your friend is a disgusting little sociopath who flagrantly lied when she accused me of bullying her to the point of being suidical as a means of retaliation against me for voting against her where she objectively lost. This is what you are defending when you make garbage posts like this one, and this is why there is not one single worthwhile person in this forum that will even begin to consider what you have to say.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 9:35:11 AM
The (staggering) irony of course... in case it was lost on anyone (but I doubt it, except for Bossy, who is essentially clueless), is that the OP, in defending Cassie, is copying (verbatim) a post I wrote long ago, in response to another user who pretended, like Cassie, to be a victim to me.
Tsar of DDO
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 9:41:39 AM
If this is meant to be a jab at someone on a passive-aggressive level (as it seems to be), I think there are better ways to go about it than make this thread.

However, on a general level, I agree that feigned victimization can often be more enraging than flat-out aggression. There was a member on another site who did it fairly regularly and she was probably the most annoying member who I've ever had to interact with.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 9:43:31 AM
But with the exception of one grammatical error... this really is one of the better posts I've made on DDO... and it rings true today as it ever does.

Cassie, in pretending to be a victim, had to be exposed. Fortunately, the community did not tolerate her behavior, and she left. This is a positive sign, and a marked improvement from times past.

So, it is good that Bossy resurrected my old writing. I am nothing, if not consistent. That same post could have been written in response to Cassie's actions, even though (with hilarious irony) Bossy attempts to invoke it against me here.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 9:45:11 AM
At 12/28/2015 9:41:39 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
If this is meant to be a jab at someone on a passive-aggressive level (as it seems to be), I think there are better ways to go about it than make this thread.

haha oh it totally is, with the most searing irony of anything that has happened in this entire drama. His lying little sociopath friend pretended to be a victim, I exposed it, and now he is accusing me of doing the same thing... which is just comical.

And I wrote the OP, not Bossy. Bossy isn't capable of that kind of prose. It's just not within his capacity.

However, on a general level, I agree that feigned victimization can often be more enraging than flat-out aggression. There was a member on another site who did it fairly regularly and she was probably the most annoying member who I've ever had to interact with.

I remember.
Tsar of DDO
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 9:57:33 AM
At 12/28/2015 9:49:47 AM, YYW wrote:
If anyone was wondering, let us explore Bossy's plagiarism:

http://www.debate.org...

Lol, I can't believe I forgot about it. And there was me thinking this was a rather well-written post.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 9:59:22 AM
At 12/28/2015 9:57:33 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 12/28/2015 9:49:47 AM, YYW wrote:
If anyone was wondering, let us explore Bossy's plagiarism:

Lol, I can't believe I forgot about it. And there was me thinking this was a rather well-written post.

It seems you too are consistent :)

hehe
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 10:01:14 AM
And this, really, is what Bossy is defending:

A liar who admitted to lying for the purpose of destroying someone's reputation...

I also had similar, intense feelings about those strategic votes on my debate. I know that I felt compelled to get those people back, and I spent hours scheming and acting just to try and destroy them. I know that this is dreadful and unacceptable, which is why I've decided to leave forever.
Tsar of DDO
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 1:42:21 PM
At 12/28/2015 10:01:14 AM, YYW wrote:

A liar who admitted to lying for the purpose of destroying someone's reputation...

I also had similar, intense feelings about those strategic votes on my debate. I know that I felt compelled to get those people back, and I spent hours scheming and acting just to try and destroy them. I know that this is dreadful and unacceptable, which is why I've decided to leave forever.

Where did she admit she was lying?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 1:51:16 PM

That is all.

I agree wholeheartedly
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 1:53:13 PM
At 12/28/2015 1:42:21 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Zaro can be very mean, it is really best to assume she is lying. If she was telling the truth she should have gone to moderation. Claiming another user sent something mean in a PM and spamming it over and over again without any proof is almost as childish as spamming the main forum in a self righteous rage over a teenage girl fabricating gossip.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 1:54:53 PM
At 12/28/2015 1:53:13 PM, Raisor wrote:

Zaro can be very mean, it is really best to assume she is lying. If she was telling the truth she should have gone to moderation. Claiming another user sent something mean in a PM and spamming it over and over again without any proof is almost as childish as spamming the main forum in a self righteous rage over a teenage girl fabricating gossip.

That's not what I asked though...

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 2:05:04 PM
At 12/28/2015 9:41:39 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Hmmm..... I wonder who you could possibly be taking about! It's a deep mystery.... lmao
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 2:18:34 PM
At 12/28/2015 1:54:53 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/28/2015 1:53:13 PM, Raisor wrote:

That's not what I asked though...

Doesn't matter. If she is disliked or unpopular she's lying.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 3:02:29 PM

In the quote I linked from the goodbye thread above. It is now emboldened.
Tsar of DDO
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 3:09:52 PM
At 12/28/2015 3:02:29 PM, YYW wrote:

I guess I interpreted that quote differently... I read "acting" as "doing actions"... Like she schemed and then acted upon them. But I can see how it could be read as acting, as in, pretending something. In any case, I don't think this is exactly a clear admittance of lying...

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 3:15:59 PM
At 12/28/2015 3:09:52 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

I guess I interpreted that quote differently... I read "acting" as "doing actions"... Like she schemed and then acted upon them. But I can see how it could be read as acting, as in, pretending something. In any case, I don't think this is exactly a clear admittance of lying...

Well, the quote is an admission, plain and clear.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 3:48:29 PM
I wonder how many other words of wisdom I wrote in the past people will be able to dig up....

This was excellent. I actually forgot I wrote this until Bossy attempted to appropriate it.
Tsar of DDO
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:00:09 PM
At 12/28/2015 3:15:59 PM, YYW wrote:

With all due respect, I disagree.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:43:26 PM
At 12/28/2015 4:00:09 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/28/2015 3:15:59 PM, YYW wrote:

With all due respect, I disagree.

w/e
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:52:12 PM
At 12/28/2015 3:48:29 PM, YYW wrote:
I wonder how many other words of wisdom I wrote in the past people will be able to dig up....

This was excellent. I actually forgot I wrote this until Bossy attempted to appropriate it.

Again, I want to bump this thread because it so precisely captures why exposing and retaliating against Cassie's flagrant lies was necessary, and justified.
Tsar of DDO
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:41:50 PM
At 12/28/2015 8:56:46 AM, YYW wrote:

That is all.

This is why you are an irrelevant member, Bossy. This kind of garbage. I wrote that post, and you in one instance (less than five minutes ago) say that you're never going to respond to me again, yet you're still actively trying to manipulate the narrative of what happened here with Cassie.

Look around you. No one believes you, and no one considers what you have to say...

It's not fair to call him an irrelevant member, because it's not aimed at him personally. It's being applied categorically to everyone who has a different viewpoint than you. I get you mad, but it's definitely not accurate or fair to call everyone who has a different viewpoint than you "irrelevant". He has contributed a great deal to the site and is a valuable member. Even tulle and maikuru who you are not fond of, have been a net positive to the site. I get you don't like a great deal of people but lashing out and categorizing everyone who does not share your viewpoint as "useless" is not a valid statement either.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:52:28 PM
Oh. I see why YYW necroposted in that thread now.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 6:29:12 PM
At 12/28/2015 5:52:28 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Oh. I see why YYW necroposted in that thread now.

Yes... If only people like paid attention to context before commenting....
Tsar of DDO