Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Elo score

tajshar2k
Posts: 2,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 6:12:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
I have a few questions.

Does your ELO go up by more points if you beat a user with more elo? Can you just give me an example of that>

And do you gain 25 points every debate you do? (if you win of course)
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 6:17:48 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 6:12:59 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
I have a few questions.

Does your ELO go up by more points if you beat a user with more elo?

Absolutely

Can you just give me an example of that>

Not really

And do you gain 25 points every debate you do? (if you win of course)

Once your Elo hits a certain number, the mount of points you gain in a typical debate drops off to 4 or 5 points each. Mine barely moves at all after almost 600 debates
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 6:18:50 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 6:17:48 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/28/2015 6:12:59 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
I have a few questions.

Does your ELO go up by more points if you beat a user with more elo?

Absolutely

Can you just give me an example of that>

Not really

And do you gain 25 points every debate you do? (if you win of course)

Once your Elo hits a certain number, the mount of points you gain in a typical debate drops off to 4 or 5 points each. Mine barely moves at all after almost 600 debates

Oh I see, thanks.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Subutai
Posts: 3,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 6:19:55 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
The number of ELO points you gain or lose from a debate is calculated by this equation:

D = 100*(W+9L)/10W

W = winner's original ELO
L = loser's original ELO
D = change in ELO

And there is a 25 point instigator advantage (meaning the instigator gets +25 and the contender gets -25).

Every member starts out with 2000 points and with every debate, points are added and subtracted for each win and loss respectively, the amount being determined by the formula provided.

Your ELO always goes up after beating someone. And you can gain more or fewer than 25 points for winning a debate. It depends on the other user's ELO.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
fire_wings
Posts: 5,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 1:18:51 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 6:19:55 PM, Subutai wrote:
The number of ELO points you gain or lose from a debate is calculated by this equation:

D = 100*(W+9L)/10W

W = winner's original ELO
L = loser's original ELO
D = change in ELO

And there is a 25 point instigator advantage (meaning the instigator gets +25 and the contender gets -25).

Every member starts out with 2000 points and with every debate, points are added and subtracted for each win and loss respectively, the amount being determined by the formula provided.

Your ELO always goes up after beating someone. And you can gain more or fewer than 25 points for winning a debate. It depends on the other user's ELO.

So noobsniping does not do much help, it is rather to beat someone like Bsh, right?
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Subutai
Posts: 3,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 1:21:56 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 1:18:51 PM, fire_wings wrote:
At 12/28/2015 6:19:55 PM, Subutai wrote:
The number of ELO points you gain or lose from a debate is calculated by this equation:

D = 100*(W+9L)/10W

W = winner's original ELO
L = loser's original ELO
D = change in ELO

And there is a 25 point instigator advantage (meaning the instigator gets +25 and the contender gets -25).

Every member starts out with 2000 points and with every debate, points are added and subtracted for each win and loss respectively, the amount being determined by the formula provided.

Your ELO always goes up after beating someone. And you can gain more or fewer than 25 points for winning a debate. It depends on the other user's ELO.

So noobsniping does not do much help, it is rather to beat someone like Bsh, right?

Yes. The higher the ELO is of the person you're debating, the more ELO points you'll gain if you beat that person.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 1:56:29 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 1:18:51 PM, fire_wings wrote:
At 12/28/2015 6:19:55 PM, Subutai wrote:
The number of ELO points you gain or lose from a debate is calculated by this equation:

D = 100*(W+9L)/10W

W = winner's original ELO
L = loser's original ELO
D = change in ELO

And there is a 25 point instigator advantage (meaning the instigator gets +25 and the contender gets -25).

Every member starts out with 2000 points and with every debate, points are added and subtracted for each win and loss respectively, the amount being determined by the formula provided.

Your ELO always goes up after beating someone. And you can gain more or fewer than 25 points for winning a debate. It depends on the other user's ELO.

So noobsniping does not do much help, it is rather to beat someone like Bsh, right?

Here is a tip that won't help you much, because you need to work on your debate skills a bit. Look for high ELO debaters that are actually mediocre, and defeat them.
Mikal
Posts: 11,269
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 2:40:44 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 6:12:59 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
I have a few questions.

Does your ELO go up by more points if you beat a user with more elo? Can you just give me an example of that>

And do you gain 25 points every debate you do? (if you win of course)

It depends on how higj your elo is. I got 15 for beating roy and 20 for beating a purple circle so if your under their elo yes. If your over their elo , then no
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 6:57:19 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 6:12:59 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
I have a few questions.

Does your ELO go up by more points if you beat a user with more elo? Can you just give me an example of that>


I think it is glitched for me. My ELO barely went up when I beat Mikal.

And do you gain 25 points every debate you do? (if you win of course)

If it did, I would have 7,400 ELO.

This is just a dumb theory I have. It seems new users who get wins get more points. I have almost 300 wins but I can barely budge my ELO up or down. Lannan has a huge number of wins but is stuck under 2000 for no good reason. I think older accounts have a harder time gaining ELO than ones that came after the change. Maybe the old debates count less or are not counted at all? I dunno.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 7:01:42 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 6:57:19 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/28/2015 6:12:59 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
I have a few questions.

Does your ELO go up by more points if you beat a user with more elo? Can you just give me an example of that>


I think it is glitched for me. My ELO barely went up when I beat Mikal.

And do you gain 25 points every debate you do? (if you win of course)

If it did, I would have 7,400 ELO.

This is just a dumb theory I have. It seems new users who get wins get more points. I have almost 300 wins but I can barely budge my ELO up or down. Lannan has a huge number of wins but is stuck under 2000 for no good reason. I think older accounts have a harder time gaining ELO than ones that came after the change. Maybe the old debates count less or are not counted at all? I dunno.

They're trying to keep us old timers down.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 7:04:45 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 7:01:42 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 12/29/2015 6:57:19 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/28/2015 6:12:59 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
I have a few questions.

Does your ELO go up by more points if you beat a user with more elo? Can you just give me an example of that>


I think it is glitched for me. My ELO barely went up when I beat Mikal.

And do you gain 25 points every debate you do? (if you win of course)

If it did, I would have 7,400 ELO.

This is just a dumb theory I have. It seems new users who get wins get more points. I have almost 300 wins but I can barely budge my ELO up or down. Lannan has a huge number of wins but is stuck under 2000 for no good reason. I think older accounts have a harder time gaining ELO than ones that came after the change. Maybe the old debates count less or are not counted at all? I dunno.

They're trying to keep us old timers down.

I thought about it and probably not. Roy has 7000 something. I bet it is because I debated a lot of noobs back in the day (and still do now sometimes).
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 7:07:35 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 7:04:45 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/29/2015 7:01:42 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 12/29/2015 6:57:19 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/28/2015 6:12:59 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
I have a few questions.

Does your ELO go up by more points if you beat a user with more elo? Can you just give me an example of that>


I think it is glitched for me. My ELO barely went up when I beat Mikal.

And do you gain 25 points every debate you do? (if you win of course)

If it did, I would have 7,400 ELO.

This is just a dumb theory I have. It seems new users who get wins get more points. I have almost 300 wins but I can barely budge my ELO up or down. Lannan has a huge number of wins but is stuck under 2000 for no good reason. I think older accounts have a harder time gaining ELO than ones that came after the change. Maybe the old debates count less or are not counted at all? I dunno.

They're trying to keep us old timers down.

I thought about it and probably not. Roy has 7000 something. I bet it is because I debated a lot of noobs back in the day (and still do now sometimes).

If debating new timers doesn't give you much of a Elo boost, then clearly that's another piece of evidence that the DDO elite are trying to keep us old timers down.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 3:59:23 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 6:19:55 PM, Subutai wrote:
The number of ELO points you gain or lose from a debate is calculated by this equation:

D = 100*(W+9L)/10W

W = winner's original ELO
L = loser's original ELO
D = change in ELO

And there is a 25 point instigator advantage (meaning the instigator gets +25 and the contender gets -25).

Every member starts out with 2000 points and with every debate, points are added and subtracted for each win and loss respectively, the amount being determined by the formula provided.

Your ELO always goes up after beating someone. And you can gain more or fewer than 25 points for winning a debate. It depends on the other user's ELO.

The Elo formula above was the formula when Ore_Ele initially proposed the Elo system. It isn't the exact one followed now, though it's close enough.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass