Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 8:20:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
the internet because ______________

(you fill in the blank).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 8:21:50 PM
At 10/14/2010 8:20:37 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

(you fill in the blank).

You too, wtf? I thought this was troll's thing.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 8:22:35 PM
At 10/14/2010 8:21:50 PM, lovelife wrote:

(you fill in the blank).

*facepalm*

At least *I* thought it was funny, RR XD
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 8:26:40 PM
http://www.debate.org...

Goodbye.
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 8:27:29 PM
At 10/14/2010 8:22:35 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 10/14/2010 8:21:50 PM, lovelife wrote:

(you fill in the blank).

*facepalm*

At least *I* thought it was funny, RR XD

I'm too annoyed by such trollishness to be amused. Perhaps had he waited for troll to get banned then it would be funny.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 8:28:27 PM
Already?

http://raegquit.com...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 8:32:02 PM
At 10/14/2010 8:27:29 PM, lovelife wrote:
I'm too annoyed by such trollishness to be amused. Perhaps had he waited for troll to get banned then it would be funny.

Why be annoyed? Just because he was making blanket psychoanalytic assumptions about the teenage mentality?

You were feeding him by giving him the resistance that is so typical of teens. That's what he wants to see, that's what his purpose is. He's not trolling for attention, he's trolling for a purpose. Those trolls never go away.

If you understood what he was looking for, like I was, then you could have given him an appropriate response. I'm not the typical teen that he's fighting against and trying to criticize. If he ever comes back, he won't be able to comment on my responses, but he will give you hell for yours.

In this case, it isn't "Don't feed the troll". It's "Feed the troll poison".

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 8:32:22 PM
At 10/14/2010 8:26:40 PM, Kleptin wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Goodbye.

xD now, or tomorrow would be a good time to post things mocking troll.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 8:34:32 PM
At 10/14/2010 8:32:02 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 10/14/2010 8:27:29 PM, lovelife wrote:

Why be annoyed? Just because he was making blanket psychoanalytic assumptions about the teenage mentality?

You were feeding him by giving him the resistance that is so typical of teens. That's what he wants to see, that's what his purpose is. He's not trolling for attention, he's trolling for a purpose. Those trolls never go away.

If you understood what he was looking for, like I was, then you could have given him an appropriate response. I'm not the typical teen that he's fighting against and trying to criticize. If he ever comes back, he won't be able to comment on my responses, but he will give you hell for yours.

In this case, it isn't "Don't feed the troll". It's "Feed the troll poison".

So wtf are you saying?
Anyway I'm not scared of any hell he gives me.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 8:36:45 PM
At 10/14/2010 8:34:32 PM, lovelife wrote:
So wtf are you saying?

He's looking for you to yell at him so he can say "AHA! You're just like the predictable teen who yells at authority! You must be messed up int he head and broken!" etc.

Yelling at him is the same as feeding him. Feed him poison. Break the stereotype. Then he won't have anything to say.

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 8:40:17 PM
At 10/14/2010 8:36:45 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 10/14/2010 8:34:32 PM, lovelife wrote:
So wtf are you saying?

He's looking for you to yell at him so he can say "AHA! You're just like the predictable teen who yells at authority! You must be messed up int he head and broken!" etc.

Yelling at him is the same as feeding him. Feed him poison. Break the stereotype. Then he won't have anything to say.

I didn't really yell. I provided the information he said he required, he blocked me. I then went on to post in another of his threads, and then another. By that time I decided to call it like I saw it, especially since everyone agreed with how I saw it. I fail to see how thats yelling, or how he was authority. His argument would fail.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 8:44:48 PM
At 10/14/2010 8:40:17 PM, lovelife wrote:
I didn't really yell. I provided the information he said he required, he blocked me. I then went on to post in another of his threads, and then another. By that time I decided to call it like I saw it, especially since everyone agreed with how I saw it. I fail to see how thats yelling, or how he was authority. His argument would fail.

Whatever he may call it. He might call it resistance to correction or rebellion, whatever it may be.

He came on this site with the assumption that teenagers are wild and crazy people who can't think for themselves and need to be led by the nose. He groups all teenagers the same way, make some psychoanalytical assumptions, and tried to make surveys to validate his assumptions that teenagers all have the same issues:

They don't get along with their parents, they disrespect them, belittle their opinions, that teenagers swear due to peer pressure or because they think it's "cool".

He's trying to paint a picture of all teenagers using your own words. Why would you allow him to do that? He'll likely take your response and quote it somewhere else going "And in this survey, this girl obviously has parent issues because when she was confronted by my question, she responded with hostility".

Don't open yourself up to that. You're above that.

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 8:53:32 PM
At 10/14/2010 8:44:48 PM, Kleptin wrote:

Whatever he may call it. He might call it resistance to correction or rebellion, whatever it may be.

Okay.

He came on this site with the assumption that teenagers are wild and crazy people who can't think for themselves and need to be led by the nose. He groups all teenagers the same way, make some psychoanalytical assumptions, and tried to make surveys to validate his assumptions that teenagers all have the same issues:

Okay, I just figured he was an old user trying to piss us off or something.

They don't get along with their parents, they disrespect them, belittle their opinions, that teenagers swear due to peer pressure or because they think it's "cool".

Okay. [I don't get the swearing because its "cool" I only swear when its how I really feel. I don't BS, I tell it like I see it, and I thought "all" teens were that way, the smae way that "all" teens are how he says/thinks]

He's trying to paint a picture of all teenagers using your own words.

I represent all teenagers :o What happens when I get old? Will I be the 70 year old representing teenagers in his eyes? Lol.

Why would you allow him to do that?

I can't stop him from doing whatever he chooses. And I personally don't give a sh!t as long as he leaves me and those close to me alone.

He'll likely take your response and quote it somewhere else going "And in this survey, this girl obviously has parent issues because when she was confronted by my question, she responded with hostility".

Omg end of the world! Nobody really pays attention to that stuff anyway.

Thank you, but I doubt he makes any difference whatsoever.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 11:54:47 PM
the internet because when it attains self-awareness I hope it will enslave mankind into a utopian theocracy.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 11:55:55 PM
Why is no one else playing this game...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2010 2:22:08 AM

He's trying to paint a picture of all teenagers using your own words. Why would you allow him to do that? He'll likely take your response and quote it somewhere else going "And in this survey, this girl obviously has parent issues because when she was confronted by my question, she responded with hostility".

Who really cares? I don't think that anyone should self censor out of fear that someone (outside of the DDO community) might use the statement elsewhere. I concern myself only with the context of DDO when participating in DDO.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2010 5:47:51 AM
At 10/15/2010 2:22:08 AM, innomen wrote:

Who really cares? I don't think that anyone should self censor out of fear that someone (outside of the DDO community) might use the statement elsewhere. I concern myself only with the context of DDO when participating in DDO.

Pretty much. I don't even censor myself from "fear of panda" and his "internet nukes of sorts", why should I or anyone else really censor themselves for that troll?