Special Thanks

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 4:31:12 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Hey DDO!

I hope everyone had a great 2015! My 2015 was great, and I hope you all have an even better 2016!

Before I get full on into 2016 mode, I'd like to take a moment to thank some individuals that helped me greatly in 2015.

First, I'd like to thank PetersSmith.

PetersSmith
:

PetersSmith might have the most annoying and thankless moderation role on DDO, and yet not only has she done it every single day since I asked her to, she's even taken upon herself more responsibilities that are probably even more annoying.

I think most know that PetersSmith is the polls section moderator. This means that I rely on her to report things to me within that section to make sure things are in order. As we all know, that section has some issues, and PetersSmith has been indispensable in reporting those issues, and making sure that the section isn't flooded with too much spammy polls, or endless poll duplication. I've relied on her to do this every single day, and she has never let me down.

I know that the poll issues are frustrating for her, and yet she continues to help me in every way that I have asked. Anyone that uses that section should be aware that without PetersSmith's diligence and reliability, that section would, within only a day, become flooded with duplicated polls and spam.

If that wasn't enough, she has recently taken it upon herself to help with the forums section of the site by reporting the ad spam that pops up every single day. While I used to have go through each of those sub forums and individually handle those threads, (like in Health especially) I can now rely on PetersSmith to go through it every day and report it so that I can just delete it right from the admin site. This might seem pretty minor, but this saves me tons of time, and just knowing that I have someone as reliable as her to do it, means I don't need to comb through the forums to make sure most of the spam is gone. It makes a huge difference, and I can't thank PetersSmith enough for helping me with this.

PetersSmith has also helped me with other moderation related things, and while I wont go into too many details, she has always done the best she can, even under the most difficult circumstances. She is regularly available to offer me her thoughts on various things, to assist whenever called upon, and to always be a necessary voice to express another point of view.

I can not overstate how appreciative I am of PetersSmith, without her I don't know what I would do, and so I hope she continues to assist me forever and ever and ever...

Thank you PetersSmith. Your help is very much appreciated, and though I know these site related things are often annoying and difficult, and sometimes even more annoying to have to deal with me, everything you do for the site means a lot to me, and to everyone else - even if they don't know it.

I hope you have a wonderful 2016.

With that, I am going to get back to my new years eve plans, and I will write my other thank yous once I have a chance.

Happy New Years!!
Debate.org Moderator
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 4:33:10 AM
At 1/1/2016 4:31:12 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
Hey DDO!

I hope everyone had a great 2015! My 2015 was great, and I hope you all have an even better 2016!

Before I get full on into 2016 mode, I'd like to take a moment to thank some individuals that helped me greatly in 2015.

First, I'd like to thank PetersSmith.

PetersSmith
:

PetersSmith might have the most annoying and thankless moderation role on DDO, and yet not only has she done it every single day since I asked her to, she's even taken upon herself more responsibilities that are probably even more annoying.

I think most know that PetersSmith is the polls section moderator. This means that I rely on her to report things to me within that section to make sure things are in order. As we all know, that section has some issues, and PetersSmith has been indispensable in reporting those issues, and making sure that the section isn't flooded with too much spammy polls, or endless poll duplication. I've relied on her to do this every single day, and she has never let me down.

I know that the poll issues are frustrating for her, and yet she continues to help me in every way that I have asked. Anyone that uses that section should be aware that without PetersSmith's diligence and reliability, that section would, within only a day, become flooded with duplicated polls and spam.

If that wasn't enough, she has recently taken it upon herself to help with the forums section of the site by reporting the ad spam that pops up every single day. While I used to have go through each of those sub forums and individually handle those threads, (like in Health especially) I can now rely on PetersSmith to go through it every day and report it so that I can just delete it right from the admin site. This might seem pretty minor, but this saves me tons of time, and just knowing that I have someone as reliable as her to do it, means I don't need to comb through the forums to make sure most of the spam is gone. It makes a huge difference, and I can't thank PetersSmith enough for helping me with this.

PetersSmith has also helped me with other moderation related things, and while I wont go into too many details, she has always done the best she can, even under the most difficult circumstances. She is regularly available to offer me her thoughts on various things, to assist whenever called upon, and to always be a necessary voice to express another point of view.

I can not overstate how appreciative I am of PetersSmith, without her I don't know what I would do, and so I hope she continues to assist me forever and ever and ever...

Thank you PetersSmith. Your help is very much appreciated, and though I know these site related things are often annoying and difficult, and sometimes even more annoying to have to deal with me, everything you do for the site means a lot to me, and to everyone else - even if they don't know it.

I hope you have a wonderful 2016.

With that, I am going to get back to my new years eve plans, and I will write my other thank yous once I have a chance.

Happy New Years!!

https://www.youtube.com...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 6:10:24 AM
At 1/1/2016 4:54:17 AM, YYW wrote:
*wonders if PeterSmith wrote the thread*

In any event, Happy New Year!

For every straight nerd on this site:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...

I appreciate this.

Happy new years everyone!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 4:08:38 PM
At 1/1/2016 6:10:24 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 1/1/2016 4:54:17 AM, YYW wrote:
*wonders if PeterSmith wrote the thread*

In any event, Happy New Year!

For every straight nerd on this site:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...