==OFFICIAL== TOP FLAME WARS of 2015

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 3:54:55 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
#5: ResponsiblyIrresponsible vs. cybertron/ESocialBookworm/Bsh1

We all should've seen this coming. With unfinished business to attend to, a long time member who is particularly drama prone returned and posts an AMA thread. The only thing that could be worse than this would be a truth box. He begins the AMA by kindly informing us that he hopes we are all well--"with the exception of a few". I swear in the name of this thread that when I saw that line my black little heart welled up with joy because I knew this would not possibly end well and from this thread would stem many high quality lols.

Cybertron asks the first question, and asks for an honest opinion of him. Predictably, ResponsiblyIrresponsible goes hard.

"Sure. I would like to preface this by saying that you knew what you were getting yourself into by asking for this." He begins. He then follows it up with some dank disses, accusing Cyber of tossing "[his] name around recklessly, without regard for reality", of being a person who expresses "passive aggressiveness, cowardice, or deception" and being an "immature kid who often misunderstands the ramifications of his actions and speaks before he acts".

But fear not, cyber. RI clarified: "but you're not a "bad person" by any means", so it's all good, right?

Holy sh1t! Cyber got pummeled! How does he come back from this? Well, at first he didn't. He saw the writing on the wall and tried to back down but RI wasn't having it, laying down even more disses and then concludes with a "That said, if you want to discuss this further, I'd suggest that you PM me" Yeah, right.

Cyber LARPs as a Buddhist monk for a bit, claiming he is in a "neutral zen state" and exits the conversation. Lame.

The plot thickens, however, as EsocialBookworm enters the scene. How some reason known only to herself she thought it was a good idea to ask RI a large string of questions. He, predictably, answers them passive aggressively and dramatically declares that: "The mere insinuation that *I* would levy a personal insult comparable to a stick or a stone is extremely offensive". All boring questions until the big one. "Do you believe people can change?" In a scene straight out of Bridesmaids that made my jaw drop from the similarity, RI and Esocial engage in a passive aggressive exchange about if people can change that obviously contains some serious emotional baggage. RI, pretending like he was not comprehending why someone would expect a verbal lashing on a thread where he just gave someone a verbal lashing, acted offended at the sticks and stones comment. They fight. The fight is very passive aggressive and annoying.

Bossy, Utherpenguin, SamStevens and Endark all desperately try to salvage the thread by asking actual questions. +1 to those guys but today is not the day.

Esocial makes a fatal mistake in terms of flamewarring...she complimented RI: "I'd say you're intelligent, especially in the field of Economics. You're a good mafia mod, who creates unique, fun games. However, you should loosen up a bit: not everyone that doesn't take your side, is against you." This is a huge no no if it isn't done right. A proper flame war compliment has to be something that appears to be an earnest comment to outside observers but is secretly passive aggressive in a way that only your opponent would understand so that you have plausible deniability. This...I'm not really sure what this was other than the equivalent of exposing your soft underbelly. It gets nasty.

Joey desperately tries to get out of the conversation. "Ashamed of what you've said, are you?" Esocial challenges, bringing in something he must've said in some other drama.

Personal baggage has officially been brought in. But no worries everyone, they both want this to wind down so I'm sure it'll be over soon, right? The fight goes on. Folks, we are still on the second page.

Third page, Cyber pops in with a passive aggressive comment. "He's a god Annie he does nothing wrong ;)". RI plays hardball and refers to him by his real first name which in DDO vernacular is the equivalent of taking off your shirt and screaming "come at me bro!" (challenging someone to a debate used to be the "come at me bro" moment but since all you idiots treat this site like a crappy Facebook no one debates anymore). As the Esocial and RI fight continues, cyber finally decides to show fight. RI claims he didn't anticipate that this would be an issue. Cyber utterly b!tchslaps him: "Your nature sets in stone that it will be an issue"

REKT
REKT
REKT
REKT

RI do you need some ice with that burn? RI had been hands down winning this flame war until now, but with one absolutely solid diss the entire dynamic changed--and RI knew it. He says to cyber: "If you actually think that -- and you would be wrong -- I am sorry *for you*, because you're horribly misguided." No, you aren't sorry for cyber, you're recovering from the absolute bodyslam that that diss was. Hell, *I'm* still recovering it. Cyber, you may be a wannabe Zen monk but when you snap you go hard.

Maybe RI could've been able to pull it together...but a new force entered the ring. A well respected member who is essentially a heavyweight in the court of public opinion, our glorious president Bsh1 rode in to white knight. Calling RI "passive aggressive" and crafting a "victim-narrative...[that] is patently false and disingenuous."

RI saw what was coming. Nobody gets into a flame war with Bsh1 and comes out on top. Like cyber, he almost never fights but when he does he goes hard and eviscerates his opponent. RI made one post to reply as a formality and then deactivated his account.

When he left, he left behind a deeply personal, vicious, and quick flame war that brought in drama that harkened back to summer of 2014, which is decades by internet time.

Fun fact: The phrase "Passive aggressive" was used 13 times during this flame war.

Winner: So who won? Well, RI definitely controlled the flow of this flame war from the very beginning and Esocial made a critical mistake and exposed her vulnerabilities while Cyber mostly refused to fight. However when he did, Cyber by far got the sickest diss in the flame war. It's murky so at this point, I'll just declare the victor here to be myself due to my post on page four (http://www.debate.org...):

"LOL wtf is this thread

You guys all need to chill. You're all acting like people who unironically use the nonface emojis, smell their own socks, and listen to Simple Plan after age 12. Seek help"

Not only did this post perfectly describe everything that went on (and does go on in DDO flame wars) but everyone thought it was funny, even the participants of the flame war. My status went up, everyone else's went down, and all I did was make a snarky comment after it was all over and no one could call me out. Victory to Thett.

Truly, a flame war for the ages. While not the most vicious, it certainly had one of the highest "Viciousness to pointlessness ratio" that even a seasoned veteran of a thousand flame wars like myself had ever seen. How many can say their AMA devolved into a flame war after the very first response? I would go so far as to say creating an AMA, a responsible thread, while also having to know this would happen is very....Responsibly-Irresponsible.

http://www.debate.org...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 3:56:34 AM
#4: Mikal/Emilrose/beta males vs. Bsh1/1harderthanyouthink/dtaylor971/pretty much everyone else

Damn was this a sh!tshow. A closely contested debate between Emilrose and donald.keller yet one that donald had been leading the entire time. And yet, with literally seconds left in the voting period, a few seconds filled with several votes and counter votes, Emilrose took the lead. Even though donald took the final ballot count by a vote of 11-8, since the 7-point system is so bogus, Emilrose came out on top. What the hell happened?

A certain loose cannon happened. A certain loose cannon who organized a bloc of voters with questionable ethics to swing the debate at the last moment, leaving quality RFD's such as "Conduct and sources to pro since con used a single outside link for sources"

Mikal, our infamous ex-president, had used his mysterious, magnetic charisma to unduly influence the results of a debate. And he did this a mere few weeks after his dramatic resignation from the presidency when many a butt was still hurt from his actions and the results thereof. A true recipe for disaster.

The drama regarding this debate initially began in the comments section of the debate and later spread to the forums. The fun begins on page 21 of the comments section of the debate, as shell shocked spectators express disgust and surprise at what just happened.

Harder: "I hope a few people get temp-banned for this. That was awful."

Bsh: "This."

YYW: "I really look to see several people have their voting privileges suspended as a result of this."

Dtaylor: "Are you absolutely kidding me?"

Subutai: "Someone gave three points to pro because con used an outside link? That's about the most bullsh*t vote wrapped in thinly veiled sincerity I've ever seen."

Thett the mighty: "Everyone who voted in like the last 20 seconds should be temp banned and have their voting privileges stripped."

To his credit, donald.keller was actually pretty calm throughout the whole process and assured everyone that Airmax would be deleting some of the worst votes, but that couldn't be said about everyone. Mikal, declaring victory takes responsibility and says "I hope every stfus about it now and leaves it alone" as if he'd never been on DDO and thought drama could just fizzle out like that

One of the Emilrose voters had the audacity to post "Congratulations Emil on your win, you earned it :)", which was a harbinger for the drama that was to come. Things get heated. I tell a voter to "go f*ck" himself. Emilrose stands up for her voters: "According to YYW "boys" only voted for me because of "sexual frustration" and my being "pretty"." as if YYW's observation wasn't 100% true and that this would've happened if Emilrose didn't have a vagina. The comment section quickly becomes boring.

Fear not. Bsh made a thread where the drama really hits off. Mikal drunkenly defends his actions and laughs in the face of danger: "If thats a ban worthy offense , I go for a few days with a smile lol"

Bsh responds by demolishing all of his arguments justifying what he did and ending with "You should go for a few months at least."

Blown.
The.
Fvck.
Out.

Some damn fools try to back up Mikal. Mikal claims he "loves hate". Damn Mikal, do you cut yourself on all that edge? I bet you stole that line from a Three Days Grace song or something. This is only the first page. Dylancatlow points out the magnetic sway Mikal has on the "peasant class" officially likening DDO drama to the medieval feudal system.

"Just leave this site already you ridiculous man-child." Whoa. Dylan is going hard. I honestly don't remember anything about this flame war so I have no clue where this is going but it can't be good. Mikal replies: "Did you get the hard hat i mailed you before I left. I know your getting tired of falling off the red wagon on your way to school everyday" I'm still giving the edge to Dylan, that diss seemed a bit forced.

One of Mikals supporters is officially making the argument that his actions weren't unethical because objective morality does not exist which I'm sure convinced everyone.

Dylan calls Mikal a high school drop-out. Things are quickly getting intense...Harder posts the contents of a PM revealing what we all already knew: Mikal was trying to swing the debate in Emilrose's favor. Jesus Christ, it's only page two. Why did I ever agree to do this? I'd rather put my balls in a crocodiles mouth than continue to do this.

WOW! Mikal finally gets in a good diss. Regarding high school: "Even if that analogy was true, you were the kid I was dunking the toilet as I was leaving." I verbally duel with an Emilrose voter. Vox asks Mikal if he's drunk (when isn't he?) Bsh calls Mikal "contemptuous" and reports him. I challenge the guy I'm fighting to a debate. He says he's afraid of votebombs. I get in a hilarious jab: "Lameeeee. But really, if anyone should be afraid of votebombs it's me. After all, you could just ask Mikal to round up a posse to vote me down" YYW comments that ad-homs aren't necessary. Dylan agrees because "Mikal does a good enough job of disgracing himself"

Hot damn. This is all in page 3.

Mikal begins a legalistic defense of his actions. "What I did is not defined, and if he punishes me, he has to punish everyone who is involved or did something similar in the past." k. He continues: "Its called common sense. You can ban someone for anything, but max won't ban people unless he knows they violated a specific rule and have been warned." You underestimate our emperor, Mikal.

Rev requests a trial for Mikal, which would've been awesome. Mikals formal legal response: "But fight me bruh". F16, always the voice of reason, points out how this thread is unnecessary and the votes could just be reported. Rev brings up what DDO did for Mikal which would almost seem like a low blow if Mikal didn't absolutely refuse to see even a tiny bit of error in what he did. Rev asks Mikal what his good reason for doing this was. Mikal replies "stuff". At this point I have to give a few points to Mikal for trolling as hard as he is even if he does need to be punched in the face. Emilrose hilariously tries to accuse Bsh of votebombing.

Dylan goes hard: "The user known as "Mikal" is unarguably the most toxic member on DDO: offensive and proud of it. A neurotic poser who antagonizes intentionally; a petty, shamelessly provocative nuisance who feels the need to fill his empty life with manufactured drama; an attention-seeking bully whose only desire is to have as much fun before he's forced out of the mess he's created; a hypocritical, tiresome, ridiculous, chronically malevolent loser." Ouch..... I'll be honest though, part of the reason I posted that was to make this post look bigger so I could stop having to read this trainwreck.

Mikal predicts Dylan's death: "he will probably suffer a brutal death when he is choking on a potato that he is trying to imitate." and with that highly intellectual parting shot, Mikal leaves the thread.

The rest is really just wrap up. Emilrose continues to try to defend the actions of the lonely beta males white knighting for her. wrichcirw posts, his opinion is predictably pedantic and stupid but aint nobody got time for that. TN05 for perhaps the first time in his life said something smart: "Prior to this debate I preferred the 7-point system. After this one I think it's pretty clear it needs to burn with fire." That's damn right TN05.

Conclusion: This was a train wreck. The clear victors were those fighting against Mikal and his peasant horde, although I have to admit the prediction of Dylan's potato death was hilarious. The best diss goes to thett3 against TN05, right now. I hate that guy.

Debate: http://www.debate.org...

Thread: http://www.debate.org...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 3:57:18 AM
#3: The Zarroette drama

There were simply too many participants on all sides of this for me to list them. Recent, but relevant. This...there aren't enough characters in the world to do this justice, but your humble correspondent will try. It started, as so many things do, with a debate. Specifically, Zarro vs. FT on Affirmative Action. Romanii, who left because he's a b!tch who wants to actually have a life outside of this site, had been following the debate regardless and signed in on one of his former accounts to vote on it, and cast the first ballot. He gave the win to FT. The concept of a hated former member returning just to vote her down sparked in Zarroette a righteous fire, which she brought down upon Romanii, declaring that he has a "hatred" for her and closed his account "in sheer cowardice". Harder steps in and tells her to back off because Romanii can't defend himself. After all, when someone deactivates a DDO account it is ALWAYS final and it's simply impossible to read the comments of a debate if you don't have an account. Zarroette responds with big words.

Dear readers, if you've somehow made it this far without exiting the thread or blowing your brains out you know this cannot possibly end well. And it doesn't. In fact it ends very, very badly. Romanii returns, leaves a long defense of his RFD, and ends his post with "Good day! :-)". And Zarroette had a good day and it was all over...haha just kidding. That joke isn't even funny. The comments section quickly turns into a contest between Zarroette and Romanii to see who could use the most big words in the most condescending fashion. They both lost here. A notable aspect of this flamewar was the fact that Romanii actually changed accounts halfway through on page 11 of the comments. We all knew the dude was random with his accounts, but multi accounting during a flame war is almost impressive in its indecisiveness.

Zarroette accuses Romanii of stalking her by replying: "You've responded to all the comments I've made in the past 12 hours. LEAVE ME ALONE, CREEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Romanii says he isn't stalking her. Zarro tells Romanii to "Stop trying to get my attention so you can flirt with me." I honestly have no idea what's going on with this. What am I supposed to say?

The comments section then get's really bad and littered with insults and statements that are not really funny but actually hurtful and personal so I won't mock them. I'll just note that at some point no matter how annoying things get we all need to chill.

I'll move on to the next bit of drama....

YYW, never one known to be involved in drama (hehe) posted a vote. His RFD modestly begins with "Objective win for PRO. Anyone who disagrees is wrong." His response to FT, who thanked him for the RFD and said it was the proper decision, was "lol... I am never wrong." This guy rivals even me in modesty.

Zarro doesn't take kindly to this. She comes on to the thread and...immediately accuses YYW of telling her to kill herself. Harder asks her to "Do us a favor and shut the hell up for 10 minutes." Tulle comes in. "What the actually fvck?" This is getting nasty. Zarro, YYW, Tulle, Romanii, and Harder all in the same place and all angry. Recipe for disaster.

000ike comes in and calls out Harder for endlessly defending YYW, adding another combatant to this already large war. Harder tells him that "I frankly do not give a quarter of a f*ck about your opinion on my behavior" which was a unique way to say "no fvcks". I'm going to start using that from now on. I'm pretty sure everyone who posted in this thread had their Christmas eve ruined, even the godless heathens like Tulle and Romanii who profess something other than absolute faith in the Christian God. YYW and Tulle are talking past one another and clearly trying to bait the other. I don't know if they have a restraining order to not directly engage with each other or what but it was quite annoying to see. Although I have to admit a full on YYW-Tulle flame war probably wouldn't be that funny unlike the other ones I've been commentating.

Enough of this thread. The only relevant bit still coming from it was Wylteds comment; "Why does a debate RFD have this many posts on it? You people need to get a life." Make this man president. Oh wait, that already happened and that sneaky Jew Airmax stole it from him at the last moment.

The plot thickens. Zarroette can't handle the constant flame wars and makes a heartfelt goodbye post where she vowed to become a better person and solve her problems and finally recognized that DDO was not conducive to that. I wish her well, truly. However many people viewed this as a way for her to cop out of the fight that she started and as a last ditch way to portray her as a victim. YYW was also deeply offended at her suggestion that he told her to kill herself and I can't blame him. A massive flame war occurred, where YYW, Romanii, and Lee battled numerous Zarroette supporters, and believe me when I say it got vicious. I don't think anyone was proud of what went down that day.

Which is why YYW considered leaving the site. He, too, made a thread about leaving, requesting peoples opinions on if he should leave. Some vote yes, most vote no, others tell him they don't care. I gave the best advice by far when I said that he should take a holiday break and chill and then come back.

Romanii also got really upset and left, deciding he needed a break from the site. Several threads were made discussing the drama, requesting that the drama stop, complaining about the drama, complaining about complaining about the drama, more drama, more complaints, and soon enough the entire DDO forum was totally filled.

This flame war is the best argument for why marijuana needs to be legalized, because it helps people chill out. You all need to CHILL. Goddamnit, this is annoying, and it lost us a lot of fine members. It makes me kind of sad, honestly, because it was so unnecessary. But the drama did spur on some more discussion of a "no rules" forum where people could slug it out which is a completely necessary reform. Instead of letting people slug it out right then and there, prohibitions of flame wars allow for grudges to build and spiral out of control so that instead of having a fight that everyone laughs about and forgets about in the morning, we have a massive throw down that is the culmination of months if not years of seething hatred and leads to great members leaving. Let them fight, damnit!

Plus, not having flame wars leaves behind a lot of top quality lol's. Drama is DDO's lifeblood.

Conclusion: Holy sh1t. This was...a nightmare. And an incredibly massive, community wide fight that involved dozens of members. There are no winners here. That's something to remember: sometimes it aint worth it, kids. Let's not have something like this again. We all lost.

The debate: http://www.debate.org...

YYW's vote: http://www.debate.org...

Zarro's leaving thread: http://www.debate.org...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 3:58:24 AM
This comically lengthy debacle arguably had the greatest and longest lasting impact on the site, as we are still seeing the repercussions today. For those that adamantly refused to vote for Wylted, was it perhaps due to a fear of history repeating itself? Yes, in second place for 2015"s Hall of Flame, we have Mikal vs The World, as developed over fourteen threads! It all started with one simple post, with the subject "Mikal / Imabench Presidential ticket.", where Mikal announced he would run for president, but did not give out a platform. From the post, all DDO knew was that Mikal was running, bench was his VP, and he was not trolling. We also knew his main cause. But what was it? Increase Juggle"s activity, improve voting standards, perhaps a better tournament system?No, his initial reason for the presidential bid was to bring our former Weekly Stupid host back to the site, but he later gave his main ideas in a thread entitled "Hi I"m Mikal", where he claimed he would attempt to change the front page and have imabench host a weekly update show. He also gave examples of stuff he had done in the past so as to deserve the presidency. Four days later, a poll posted by Daltonian showed that DDO users were tied between Mikal and bladerunner, the other front runner, with each getting 35% of the votes. Then came the wave of endorsements.

Daytona (who, amazingly, was not seeking his own election) was the first to publicly support Mikal, aptly describing the election as a case of Idealism vs Realism. Blade-of-Truth posted his endorsement three hours later, talking about what a great energy Mikal gave out in hangouts and how new members always found him approachable. The endorsements only increased from there, as Mikal gained all types of support through his endorsers. Defro and Denny made a lighthearted campaign video, bluesteel gave an official statement about why his ticket, and YYW contributed a borderline slanderous attack thread against the opposing ticket"s VP. Three days later, the time had come. DDO was ready to vote.

There is a reason that, as of right now, the December 2014 election is the only election thread in the Hall of Fame. There was betrayal, conflict, dirty campaigning tactics, and it all ended with Ore_Ele announcing the final 95-81 tally in Mikal"s favor. The emotion many members felt was confusion. How had this happened? Were enough people really convinced to vote for a seemingly trollish candidate thanks to a few endorsements? Or was something more sinister going on? While we now know Mikal and several others on his campaign team were spamming people barely eligible to vote, it is unknown whether or not he would have been able to win without this. But enough of the election. What happened later on that earned this event second place in the Hall of Flame?

When multiple incidents of drama happen on DDO simultaneously, they tend to be linked, and this case is no exception. Think back to the conflict that happened at spot #5, with Zarroette"s anti-mafia campaign, and the numerous parody threads its creation caused. When our new Vice President discovered what his old enemy was up to, he wasn"t going to just sit back. After posting "Why masturnating on a bus is a waste of time", several other threads were also created. These threads were deleted, but they all involved a great flame war between bench and Zarro. The end result was a week long ban for bench for sexual harassment, and it only goes downhill from here.

Days later, the democratic ruler of DDO steps down, with not one, not two, but THREE goodbye posts, claiming he was doing so because he didn"t have the time, he wasn"t enjoying himself, and all his friends were leaving. These would all have been extremely boring and acceptable reasons, hardly worthy of becoming the second greatest flame war of the year. Thankfully, Ajabi revealed that these were most certainly not the conditions under which Mikal left the site.

Ajabi, being friends with our former veep, was chatting with him on facebook shortly after Mikal stepped down. Bench told Ajabi that Mikal had planned to pull this stunt from the beginning, and not only that, but airmax and bluesteel were both aware of it. Bench also made it clear that both he and Max wanted to expose this as soon as they knew, but at that point Mikal was already president and there was no system of impeachment. In his second of three goodbye posts, Mikal told the users that he only intended to resign as president after the nastiness of his own election, which caused such unnecessary hatred and negativity that had always seemed so positive. However, the next day, in his third and (I think) final goodbye post, he said the main reason he was leaving was because bluesteel was planning to leave at some point.

Now, who exactly "won"? Well, it"s hard to say in this case, as imabench, Endark, Max, and countless others left the battle with a sense of betrayal and resentment for Mikal (with a scandal users viewed on par with Richard Nixon, but has since mellowed to a Samuel Chase); however, while Mikal did inject the entire site with a sense of doubt as to whether or not the presidency was beneficial to the site, business continued as usual soon enough once Ore, then debatability, and now bsh each claimed office. It is for this reason that victory must go to the users of DDO, as the restoration of the presidency took weeks, yet the restoration of his reputation took nearly a year.

Threads

Platform

Pre-election Poll

Endorsements
http://www.debate.org... (Daytona)
http://www.debate.org... (Blade-of-Truth)
http://www.debate.org... (Defro and Denny)
http://www.debate.org... (bluesteel)
http://www.debate.org... (YYW)

Election

The Controversy
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 3:59:32 AM
#1: Blackflags (Jifpop) vs. 1harderthanyouthink/Airmax/ResponsiblyIrresponsible

At long last, we come to the exciting conclusion and crown the top flame war of 2015. This one is a real winner, let me tell you.

In a close and contested election where every vote mattered (literally), a former member,jifpop, under a new account, Blackflags, made what seemed to be a reasonable request for Airmax to reopen one of his old accounts that was eligible to vote. Airmax, for reasons known only to himself, refused. Jif then proceeded to destroy his case and hand the election to Bsh1.

Jif had been ranting for a while but the fun really begins on page 17. Harder told Jif to chill out, to which Jif responded: "Every second you are blabbing at me, is another second you aren't sucking Bsh1's dick."

Holy sh!t! War has been declared! Who will win? Before anything can really happen Emperor Airmax steps in, ordering Jif to stand down: "Please stop comments like this, they are not appropriate.

(Don't confused my "please" as implying that it is merely a request.)" And with that, the drama was over.

Haha, just kidding.

Jif ups the ante and accuses Airmax of voter fraud and goes channels stormfront:

"Airmax intentionally closed my old account so I wouldn't vote Wylted...He was very immature, and modestly told me to shut up, in only a way a Jew could do." DDO flamewars just entered into the realm of ethno-religious conflict. Airmax, in a way that only a Jew could do, modestly tells Jif to shut up: "And with that, you will now be ignored by me, because continuing this with you is not a good use of my time and it demeans us all in perpetuity throughout the universe."

Not content to let the drama die, Jifpop goes on a frenzy and continues to attack Airmax, claiming that Airmax locked him out of one of his accounts, despite it being verifiable fact that he locked himself out. He is called out on it. He calls the people calling him out "dipshit puppets". Seventhprofessor makes the hilarious comment "#HungryLikeTheWolff". Things are going well. Jif doesn't take kindly to being called out. "You asshat clowns stop defending airmax here. You fvcking puppets...Just shut the fvck up, or get on Airmax's a$$. Simple."

Harder jumps in: "You're too overzealous, you lie, and you are frankly just being a d!ck to people. You need to stand down." Jif smacks him down: "Have you sucked more Bsh1 dick or kissed more Airmax a$$ over the course of this election?"

JESUS MOTHER MARY AND JOSEPH! This can't possibly end well! Harder channels Samuel L. Jackson: "Say that one more time....I f*cking dare you to go a bit further. Do it." Jif officially votes to declare the election illegitimate. His opinion is duly noted by Airmax.

And then, it happens. A grizzled flame war veteran steps into the ring. ResponsiblyIrresponsible has come to weigh in:

"This is wildly inappropriate, and even you should know better. I highly advise that you shut your fcking mouth... Seriously, enough is a fcking enough." Jif calls him out for his virtue signaling: "Stop using oppurtunities like this to boost your public image and fullfill your ego. We all know you don't give a fvck about what I say, you just want other people to give you social points."

Harder keeps trying to bait Jif into making his day. Airmax tells him to stop. Airmax threatens to ban Jifpop. Jif spits in his eye: "You do that, you egoistic asshat dork." Jif shows no quarter when he decides to go after it.

RI, surprisingly and completely against character, gives a multi paragraph response:

"You really are an unbelievably pathetic person--if only your intelligence could come close to matching your audacity.

Really, you're unbelievably condescending for someone who's turned himself into an outcast on two debating websites....I have never and will never give the slightest scintilla of a fck about how people perceive me: unlike you, my sense of self worth doesn't derive solely from an online facade, nor will I go to lengths to (hopelessly, in your case) try my luck at a dck-measuring contest that is, without question to any sensible person, unwinnable."

TOP KEK! Did...did RI just brag about the size of his weiner? Is that a thing that just actually happened? On a debate site?

Jif calls us all out for what we do every time we intervene in a flame war: "What's this rant about? Trying to act like a tough guy on the internet, when in real life you are a pathetic nobody? Sre you trying to play people into thinking you are a noteworthy individual?
...you see me as an easy way to selfishly fool other people into liking you...This site is for people who are socially rejected, weak, entitled, and pitiful in real life, and come on this site to play social justice warrior. Thank god there are some people here who defy that classification."

I have to admit, I often use flame wars to my advantage, socially. Chalk up a point for Jif.

Finally, voting closes. For the love of all that is holy, let this flame war be over so I can stop commentating this train wreck. But alas. It isn't meant to be. Not content to let it be over, RI gives a 500 word essay in response to Jif that consists of calling him an "unjustifiably pretentious, low-IQ lowlife", getting butthurt about the implication that he has no real accomplishments: "my accomplishments speak for themselves, and when I rest my head later tonight, I'll know that." and accusing him of being "nothing more than a pathetic coward and a bully"

I want you all to take a step back for a second and understand what's happening here. The election had just closed and two more votes for Wylted, which would've swung the presidency to him, came in after voting was supposed to close but before Airmax officially closed it. So the thread, at this point, is an all out war between Bsh and Wylted supporters. Imagine a typical battle scene in a fantasy movie, where two champions engage in an epic duel while the plebeian soldiers fight in the periphery. That's exactly what's happening here. Jif and RI slug it out center stage, all the while, idiots (including me) are getting quite angry about the significance of a few seconds on the election of a figurehead on a debate site and having their own fights.

"Learn from me buddy, you could use a lesson in how not to be a lonely dork with low self esteem." Jif taunts. RI takes the bait, again posting a response in excess of several hundred words, beginning with "I don't know how many fcking times I need to repeat that I don't give even an ounce of a sh1t of what people think of me for it to sink into your pathetic, mentally-challenged fcking skull." and ending with a declaration that he's proud of his accomplishments. Jif, like a trained assassin, goes for what he knows is the weak spot: "Despite this statement, you still seem to have something to prove to every asshat that calls themselves a member on this site. You are an egoistic prick with a low self esteem, own up to it you narcissistic liar."

In a later post, Jif calls us all out again: "I have only been saying that the whole damn time. I could care less about this election, or whether I get banned for taking out my frustration on all the cock suckers here.

I just hope I can get one of these entitled pricks to recognize how pathetic their attempts to gain social points really are, even for a second. How low the self esteem is of people like Airmax, Bsh1, JMK, ect." Finally, at long last (and after another 854 word long RI attack post that includes 10 modified swear words and calls Jif a "5th-grader") , Jif declares "I REALLY want to be banned" and Airmax, for the first time, obliges him.

Thank God. Even I couldn't bear to read this train wreck any more.

Who won here? Everyone lost for having to witness this, but the biggest loser was me for having to witness it again.I need a beer.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 3:59:39 AM
You put a lot of work into this. Who's the official DDO historian? Because I think he has some competition with you.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 3:59:52 AM
HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Sadly, we can't all be winners. Still some losers are better than others. Here are some of the runner ups that we considered.

Trump Triumph '16: A whole month of me mercilessly alphaing TN05. That's all that needs to be said. It's like Jeb Bush vs. All powerful emperor-god Trump, the DDO version http://www.debate.org...

Profile of the Edeb8r: This absolutely would've found its way to the top 5 if Airmax hadn't deleted the accompanying DDO thread. Relevant not only for its viciousness (and a rehashing of the age old RI vs. Bsh1 vs. Esocial drama) but because it's the first intersite flamewar where several DDO members crossed over to do battle and several Edeb8 members came over here. Our #1 battle couldn't have happened without this bringing back the mighty jifpop. http://www.edeb8.com...

YYW vs. Tulle: Too long to commentate on, plus both members scare me. Lots of threads though. Much hatred.

Zarroette vs. Bluesteel: Mafia. This was a pretty good one, but it didn't have too many high quality insults. The funniest things to happen were the multiple parody threads and me actually starting a mafia game in the middle of Zarroettes rant against mafia, which even she admitted was hilarious. http://www.debate.org...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 4:00:34 AM
This thread dedicated to my cat who unfortunately died today
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 4:01:19 AM
At 1/6/2016 3:59:39 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
You put a lot of work into this. Who's the official DDO historian? Because I think he has some competition with you.

lol I am never doing anything like this again....ever. this was a nightmare. i need alcohol
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 4:03:22 AM
At 1/6/2016 4:01:19 AM, thett3 wrote:

lol I am never doing anything like this again....ever. this was a nightmare. i need alcohol

This was epic. Good times. Fond memories. I stand by everything I said, and reserve the right to supplement.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 4:10:09 AM
At 1/6/2016 4:00:34 AM, thett3 wrote:

I am sorry to hear about your cat.
Tsar of DDO
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 4:10:48 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that. I've had a few cats pass and it really sucks. I'm sure your kitty would appreciate all the work you put into this.

On a side note, as someone who has never engaged in a flame war on this site, you sicken me.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 4:14:07 AM
At 1/6/2016 4:10:09 AM, YYW wrote:

thanks man...it was extremely sad, but definitely the right thing to do and he was with me all last night purring so I think the last few hours were pleasant for him
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 4:16:21 AM
At 1/6/2016 4:10:48 AM, Maikuru wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I've had a few cats pass and it really sucks. I'm sure your kitty would appreciate all the work you put into this.

Thanks man...he was a great cat. and haha I poured a lot into this thread as a distraction haha

On a side note, as someone who has never engaged in a flame war on this site, you sicken me.

your loss
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 4:19:05 AM
At 1/6/2016 4:14:07 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/6/2016 4:10:09 AM, YYW wrote:

thanks man...it was extremely sad, but definitely the right thing to do and he was with me all last night purring so I think the last few hours were pleasant for him

Losing a pet is hard, man... but you did a very good job with this. This thread rivals the DDO movie.
Tsar of DDO
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 4:27:44 AM

you suck
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 4:35:06 AM
At 1/6/2016 4:27:44 AM, Cermank wrote:

you suck

First flame war of 2016?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 6:15:46 AM
I need to clarify something because it seems there was some confusion. Seventhprofessor posted the analysis on the Mikal presidency debacle because he wrote it all himself as a guest commentator, so MASSIVE shout out to him for some great work
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 6:15:50 AM
At 1/6/2016 3:56:34 AM, thett3 wrote:
#4: Mikal/Emilrose/beta males vs. Bsh1/1harderthanyouthink/dtaylor971/pretty much everyone else

I can remember all of these very well, and my perspective is certainly different than most, but this one in particular really sticks out partly because of the difficulty in dealing with it at the time, but more importantly because of what came out of it afterwards.

Bluesteel and I had already had many discussions about vote moderation, and this whole incident really pushed me forward to work with him to develop what has become the current vote moderation system. So if nothing else, that whole mess led to what I believe is an efficient, fair and generally appreciated vote moderation system.
Debate.org Moderator
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 6:59:20 AM
This was amazing!

10/10
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 1:41:46 PM
At 1/6/2016 3:54:55 AM, thett3 wrote:

We all should've seen this coming. With unfinished business to attend to, a long time member who is particularly drama prone returned and posts an AMA thread. The only thing that could be worse than this would be a truth box. He begins the AMA by kindly informing us that he hopes we are all well--"with the exception of a few". I swear in the name of this thread that when I saw that line my black little heart welled up with joy because I knew this would not possibly end well and from this thread would stem many high quality lols.

Cybertron asks the first question, and asks for an honest opinion of him. Predictably, ResponsiblyIrresponsible goes hard.

"Sure. I would like to preface this by saying that you knew what you were getting yourself into by asking for this." He begins. He then follows it up with some dank disses, accusing Cyber of tossing "[his] name around recklessly, without regard for reality", of being a person who expresses "passive aggressiveness, cowardice, or deception" and being an "immature kid who often misunderstands the ramifications of his actions and speaks before he acts".

But fear not, cyber. RI clarified: "but you're not a "bad person" by any means", so it's all good, right?

Holy sh1t! Cyber got pummeled! How does he come back from this? Well, at first he didn't. He saw the writing on the wall and tried to back down but RI wasn't having it, laying down even more disses and then concludes with a "That said, if you want to discuss this further, I'd suggest that you PM me" Yeah, right.

Cyber LARPs as a Buddhist monk for a bit, claiming he is in a "neutral zen state" and exits the conversation. Lame.

The plot thickens, however, as EsocialBookworm enters the scene. How some reason known only to herself she thought it was a good idea to ask RI a large string of questions. He, predictably, answers them passive aggressively and dramatically declares that: "The mere insinuation that *I* would levy a personal insult comparable to a stick or a stone is extremely offensive". All boring questions until the big one. "Do you believe people can change?" In a scene straight out of Bridesmaids that made my jaw drop from the similarity, RI and Esocial engage in a passive aggressive exchange about if people can change that obviously contains some serious emotional baggage. RI, pretending like he was not comprehending why someone would expect a verbal lashing on a thread where he just gave someone a verbal lashing, acted offended at the sticks and stones comment. They fight. The fight is very passive aggressive and annoying.

Bossy, Utherpenguin, SamStevens and Endark all desperately try to salvage the thread by asking actual questions. +1 to those guys but today is not the day.

Esocial makes a fatal mistake in terms of flamewarring...she complimented RI: "I'd say you're intelligent, especially in the field of Economics. You're a good mafia mod, who creates unique, fun games. However, you should loosen up a bit: not everyone that doesn't take your side, is against you." This is a huge no no if it isn't done right. A proper flame war compliment has to be something that appears to be an earnest comment to outside observers but is secretly passive aggressive in a way that only your opponent would understand so that you have plausible deniability. This...I'm not really sure what this was other than the equivalent of exposing your soft underbelly. It gets nasty.

Joey desperately tries to get out of the conversation. "Ashamed of what you've said, are you?" Esocial challenges, bringing in something he must've said in some other drama.

Personal baggage has officially been brought in. But no worries everyone, they both want this to wind down so I'm sure it'll be over soon, right? The fight goes on. Folks, we are still on the second page.

Third page, Cyber pops in with a passive aggressive comment. "He's a god Annie he does nothing wrong ;)". RI plays hardball and refers to him by his real first name which in DDO vernacular is the equivalent of taking off your shirt and screaming "come at me bro!" (challenging someone to a debate used to be the "come at me bro" moment but since all you idiots treat this site like a crappy Facebook no one debates anymore). As the Esocial and RI fight continues, cyber finally decides to show fight. RI claims he didn't anticipate that this would be an issue. Cyber utterly b!tchslaps him: "Your nature sets in stone that it will be an issue"

REKT
REKT
REKT
REKT

RI do you need some ice with that burn? RI had been hands down winning this flame war until now, but with one absolutely solid diss the entire dynamic changed--and RI knew it. He says to cyber: "If you actually think that -- and you would be wrong -- I am sorry *for you*, because you're horribly misguided." No, you aren't sorry for cyber, you're recovering from the absolute bodyslam that that diss was. Hell, *I'm* still recovering it. Cyber, you may be a wannabe Zen monk but when you snap you go hard.

Maybe RI could've been able to pull it together...but a new force entered the ring. A well respected member who is essentially a heavyweight in the court of public opinion, our glorious president Bsh1 rode in to white knight. Calling RI "passive aggressive" and crafting a "victim-narrative...[that] is patently false and disingenuous."

RI saw what was coming. Nobody gets into a flame war with Bsh1 and comes out on top. Like cyber, he almost never fights but when he does he goes hard and eviscerates his opponent. RI made one post to reply as a formality and then deactivated his account.

When he left, he left behind a deeply personal, vicious, and quick flame war that brought in drama that harkened back to summer of 2014, which is decades by internet time.

Fun fact: The phrase "Passive aggressive" was used 13 times during this flame war.

Winner: So who won? Well, RI definitely controlled the flow of this flame war from the very beginning and Esocial made a critical mistake and exposed her vulnerabilities while Cyber mostly refused to fight. However when he did, Cyber by far got the sickest diss in the flame war. It's murky so at this point, I'll just declare the victor here to be myself due to my post on page four (http://www.debate.org...):

"LOL wtf is this thread

You guys all need to chill. You're all acting like people who unironically use the nonface emojis, smell their own socks, and listen to Simple Plan after age 12. Seek help"

Not only did this post perfectly describe everything that went on (and does go on in DDO flame wars) but everyone thought it was funny, even the participants of the flame war. My status went up, everyone else's went down, and all I did was make a snarky comment after it was all over and no one could call me out. Victory to Thett.

Truly, a flame war for the ages. While not the most vicious, it certainly had one of the highest "Viciousness to pointlessness ratio" that even a seasoned veteran of a thousand flame wars like myself had ever seen. How many can say their AMA devolved into a flame war after the very first response? I would go so far as to say creating an AMA, a responsible thread, while also having to know this would happen is very....Responsibly-Irresponsible.

Roflmao
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 2:49:15 PM

I'm sorry.

Great thread, tho.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
greatkitteh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 3:00:40 PM
At 1/6/2016 3:59:52 AM, thett3 wrote:
HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Sadly, we can't all be winners. Still some losers are better than others. Here are some of the runner ups that we considered.

Trump Triumph '16: A whole month of me mercilessly alphaing TN05. That's all that needs to be said. It's like Jeb Bush vs. All powerful emperor-god Trump, the DDO version http://www.debate.org...

Profile of the Edeb8r: This absolutely would've found its way to the top 5 if Airmax hadn't deleted the accompanying DDO thread. Relevant not only for its viciousness (and a rehashing of the age old RI vs. Bsh1 vs. Esocial drama) but because it's the first intersite flamewar where several DDO members crossed over to do battle and several Edeb8 members came over here. Our #1 battle couldn't have happened without this bringing back the mighty jifpop. http://www.edeb8.com...

YYW vs. Tulle: Too long to commentate on, plus both members scare me. Lots of threads though. Much hatred.

Zarroette vs. Bluesteel: Mafia. This was a pretty good one, but it didn't have too many high quality insults. The funniest things to happen were the multiple parody threads and me actually starting a mafia game in the middle of Zarroettes rant against mafia, which even she admitted was hilarious. http://www.debate.org...

Honorable?
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 5:45:01 PM
Great write-up and fantastic read!
I was expecting a Mirza thread to show up as well. Did you consider any?
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 6:08:54 PM
At 1/6/2016 4:01:19 AM, thett3 wrote:

http://41.media.tumblr.com...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 8:14:32 PM
At 1/6/2016 3:59:52 AM, thett3 wrote:

LMAO
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 8:27:02 PM

):

That sucks.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 8:53:44 PM
At 1/6/2016 3:54:55 AM, thett3 wrote:

At least that was clarified. Someone told me Joey attempted to hit on YYW and in response BSH threatened to cut out his soul and offer it as a present to beelzebub. I was living in some kind of fantasy world where I thought joey was trying to steal YYW from bish, which led to a conglomerate of distinct drama which was underlined and highlighted with Joeys love for YYW as the driving force behind all the hate.

Props for trolling me when you read this btw, because you had me sincerely convinced of this. This is almost as troll as peter smith making me think she was F**king airmax when shes a pure lesbo