Jump to topic:

What's with all the "resolved" topics.

Normerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 11:26:28 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
I have a question pondering the debating on the website. Basically, posters of debate ask the users to request to access their debates before debating. Then a couple of comments, sometimes more than one comment, the poster than puts up "resolved" and provides an answer.

I get having some requirements to debate, but how is it that they resolve debate topics before a debate actually began. Is there something i'm missing here, I'm not a very experienced debate person quite yet.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 11:27:57 PM
At 1/11/2016 11:26:28 PM, Normerican wrote:
I have a question pondering the debating on the website. Basically, posters of debate ask the users to request to access their debates before debating. Then a couple of comments, sometimes more than one comment, the poster than puts up "resolved" and provides an answer.

I get having some requirements to debate, but how is it that they resolve debate topics before a debate actually began. Is there something i'm missing here, I'm not a very experienced debate person quite yet.

Resolved, is a resolution debate. It is more of a suggestion debate rather than a bill. Meaning that the outcome of the debate won't have an effect on the actual issue at hand.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 12:33:54 AM
At 1/11/2016 11:26:28 PM, Normerican wrote:

Read this https://en.wikipedia.org...(debate)

Now, the locking of debates is to keep out new users that will FF the debate. They are looking for someone serious about the topic.