Jump to topic:

Voting Block

BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 7:07:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I was just scrolling through my old debates and came across this debate.
http://www.debate.org...

In this debate, I believe I did deserve maybe a few extra points then what I got. However, when I investigated further, all those who voted against me, are in the SAME SCHOOL as my opponent. Look for yourselves, all of those who voted for Mixer, are from Le Mars, Iowa, which is where mixer is from.

Even if I deserve to lose, I would like some valid feedback please.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 7:12:43 AM
At 10/22/2010 7:07:33 AM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:
I was just scrolling through my old debates and came across this debate.
http://www.debate.org...

In this debate, I believe I did deserve maybe a few extra points then what I got. However, when I investigated further, all those who voted against me, are in the SAME SCHOOL as my opponent. Look for yourselves, all of those who voted for Mixer, are from Le Mars, Iowa, which is where mixer is from.

Even if I deserve to lose, I would like some valid feedback please.

Not forfeiting would be a good start. Yet, you did win in my opinion.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 2:12:22 PM
"I can't vote because I'm not confirmed..."

and then all seven points to yourself. Really, BQP, that's kinda low.

What even funnier, in a sad way, is that his opponent did the exact same thing, while giving a "hypothetical" RFD that had two tied votes.

IMHO, neither of you deserve to win this debate, especially as the whole point of the debate was a personal attack on another debater.

I'm voting 4 points to Mixer, both to to tie the score and because her arguments were slightly stronger than yours.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 2:24:32 PM
At 10/22/2010 2:12:22 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

What even funnier, in a sad way, is that his opponent did the exact same thing, while giving a "hypothetical" RFD that had two tied votes.

IMHO, neither of you deserve to win this debate, especially as the whole point of the debate was a personal attack on another debater.

I'm voting 4 points to Mixer, both to to tie the score and because her arguments were slightly stronger than yours.

Um what? Ive always had the ability to vote.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 2:30:44 PM
At 10/22/2010 2:24:32 PM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:

Apparently, but you claimed otherwise:
"Listen, sometimes this happens. I can't vote because I'm not confirmed. But saying I don't deserve a point is just mean and I hope you realize that. You were rude to me multiple times during the debate which doesn't fly here. Maybe that's why.."

Your comment, second from the bottom on the debate you linked to.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 3:03:16 PM
At 10/22/2010 2:30:44 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 10/22/2010 2:24:32 PM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:

Apparently, but you claimed otherwise:
"Listen, sometimes this happens. I can't vote because I'm not confirmed. But saying I don't deserve a point is just mean and I hope you realize that. You were rude to me multiple times during the debate which doesn't fly here. Maybe that's why.."

Your comment, second from the bottom on the debate you linked to.

I'll be darned. I dunno why I said that but ok! lol