Jump to topic:

When You Are Watching the Forums...

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 1:00:43 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
... and waiting for someone to post. You refresh the page every 30 seconds to a minute, or maybe even more quicker if you don't want to miss anything at all. You don't post anything... you just wait for someone else to because it is eventually going to happen, right?

So you sit there, waiting, just like every other user, because everyone is either too afraid to break the silence or can't think of anything worth writing about.

No one wants to break the silence, so this turns into horrible Forum inactivity. This then increases the pressure on people to not post because the Forums have been inactive for so long... over 1 hour now, and nothing has happened. If you post now, then your red little post indicator will stick out like a sore thumb from the rest of the green ones.

Now, I have one question: when this happens, does anyone else feel like this?
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 1:04:46 AM
At 1/16/2016 1:00:43 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
... and waiting for someone to post. You refresh the page every 30 seconds to a minute, or maybe even more quicker if you don't want to miss anything at all. You don't post anything... you just wait for someone else to because it is eventually going to happen, right?

So you sit there, waiting, just like every other user, because everyone is either too afraid to break the silence or can't think of anything worth writing about.

No one wants to break the silence, so this turns into horrible Forum inactivity. This then increases the pressure on people to not post because the Forums have been inactive for so long... over 1 hour now, and nothing has happened. If you post now, then your red little post indicator will stick out like a sore thumb from the rest of the green ones.

lol
Briannj17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 2:17:08 AM

Of course not my friend,
A reply I can always send,
A conversationist I am,
And of these forums I'm a fan.
http://www.debate.org...
King of Poetry in this poem lacking era
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 10:32:02 AM

No. We post.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:09:06 PM
No.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass