Jump to topic:

When You Are Watching the Forums...

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 1:00:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
... and waiting for someone to post. You refresh the page every 30 seconds to a minute, or maybe even more quicker if you don't want to miss anything at all. You don't post anything... you just wait for someone else to because it is eventually going to happen, right?

So you sit there, waiting, just like every other user, because everyone is either too afraid to break the silence or can't think of anything worth writing about.

No one wants to break the silence, so this turns into horrible Forum inactivity. This then increases the pressure on people to not post because the Forums have been inactive for so long... over 1 hour now, and nothing has happened. If you post now, then your red little post indicator will stick out like a sore thumb from the rest of the green ones.

Now, I have one question: when this happens, does anyone else feel like this?
"...feminazis, my favorite number..." ~PeterSmith

"Add that to the Bible, I guess." ~Max

"Isn't everything on this site my arbitrary whim?" ~Max

"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 1:04:46 AM
At 1/16/2016 1:00:43 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
... and waiting for someone to post. You refresh the page every 30 seconds to a minute, or maybe even more quicker if you don't want to miss anything at all. You don't post anything... you just wait for someone else to because it is eventually going to happen, right?

So you sit there, waiting, just like every other user, because everyone is either too afraid to break the silence or can't think of anything worth writing about.

No one wants to break the silence, so this turns into horrible Forum inactivity. This then increases the pressure on people to not post because the Forums have been inactive for so long... over 1 hour now, and nothing has happened. If you post now, then your red little post indicator will stick out like a sore thumb from the rest of the green ones.

lol
Troll Queen Of DDO

#BetOnThett
#UnbanTheMadman
#StandWithBossy

Bet On How Long DDO Will Last Here:
http://www.debate.org...

I hate you <3
Briannj17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 2:17:08 AM

Of course not my friend,
A reply I can always send,
A conversationist I am,
And of these forums I'm a fan.
http://www.debate.org...
King of Poetry in this poem lacking era
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 10:32:02 AM

No. We post.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:09:06 PM
No.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

http://gotejas.com...