Jump to topic:

Forum Problems

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 2:21:50 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Not much forums are posted these days, mostly mic., games, and religion. I think we should post more in arts, education, history, sports, and technology.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 2:40:54 PM
At 1/21/2016 2:21:50 PM, fire_wings wrote:
Not much forums are posted these days, mostly mic., games, and religion. I think we should post more in arts, education, history, sports, and technology.

Me too. Please post in the history forum.
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 2:43:11 PM

The Funny forum is dying too. The health forum is catching up to it . Kinda sad.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 3:07:30 PM

I have three comments on this:

(1) This isn't new, especially with classes resuming. We could probably seasonally adjust site activity and assume it will rebound in a few weeks--though I'd go further and say that it's part and parcel of a longer-term trend associated with a site-wide burnout.

(2) Please, for the love of God, we don't need more posts in the fcking religion forum.

(3) Add the economics forum to your list. Those other forums, other than games, just seem silly and stupid.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 3:10:43 PM

The Art forum should be revived soon. :)

And I agree, those forums you listed are overlooked allot, partly because people just went back to school, so they're busy. When they're on break, forum activity in all sections seem to go up.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 3:33:51 PM
At 1/21/2016 3:07:30 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

(1) This isn't new, especially with classes resuming. We could probably seasonally adjust site activity and assume it will rebound in a few weeks--though I'd go further and say that it's part and parcel of a longer-term trend associated with a site-wide burnout.

(2) Please, for the love of God, we don't need more posts in the fcking religion forum.

Yeah, it sucks

(3) Add the economics forum to your list. Those other forums, other than games, just seem silly and stupid.

Well, economics has nothing fun in there, only people spamming it.

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 3:34:11 PM
At 1/21/2016 2:40:54 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:

Me too. Please post in the history forum.

Okay, but that i boring, but I will try.

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 3:34:37 PM
At 1/21/2016 3:33:51 PM, fire_wings wrote:

Yeah, it sucks

It does.

Have you not seen my posts?

DDO's Economics Messiah
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 3:34:39 PM
At 1/21/2016 2:43:11 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:

The Funny forum is dying too. The health forum is catching up to it . Kinda sad.

I thought funny will go up by the jokes thing, but I guess not.

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 3:35:36 PM
At 1/21/2016 3:34:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Yeah, it sucks

It does.

Only that. Look at the others.

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 3:37:05 PM
At 1/21/2016 3:35:36 PM, fire_wings wrote:
Only that. Look at the others.

They're terrible, but I'm trying to steer it in the right direction. See my rants in the minimum-wage thread.

I mean, the point of this thread is that several forums are lacking in content, so your same critique of the economics forum applies equally, if not more (because the econ forum at least has me), to these other areas of the site you're suggesting deserve more activity.

DDO's Economics Messiah
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 3:52:10 PM

The funny forum dying is something Ill chalk up as a good thing in my book
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 4:03:01 PM
At 1/21/2016 3:52:10 PM, imabench wrote:

Why is that?
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 10:02:53 PM

Yeah, it sucks

It does.

RI puts a lot of effort into his posts and I like reading them a lot, and he is right about the classes resuming, because that has been the limiting factor in regards to my activity on the site. You should read RI's posts if you think its all just spam.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 10:13:29 PM

They were always dead.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 10:18:16 PM

Misc? Not really.

Games and religion? Yes.

Education is a useless forum.

You obviously don't visit the politics forum - that has recently picked up in activity. Arts is extremely active in comparison to the past.

Nobody gives much of a sh!t about sports and tech.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 10:20:38 PM
Really the only forums I would really want more posts in are philosophy, politics, and society. Those should probably be the most posted in forums, in my opinion.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 11:31:00 PM
At 1/21/2016 10:13:29 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

They were always dead.

True, but it was more active before.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 11:31:19 PM
At 1/21/2016 10:02:53 PM, TheProphett wrote:

Yeah, it sucks

It does.

RI puts a lot of effort into his posts and I like reading them a lot, and he is right about the classes resuming, because that has been the limiting factor in regards to my activity on the site. You should read RI's posts if you think its all just spam.

Cheers.

DDO's Economics Messiah
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 11:53:56 PM
At 1/21/2016 3:52:10 PM, imabench wrote:

It's dead because Airmax deleted my racist jokes thread. The forum was alive as hell because of that thread.
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 8:29:31 AM
At 1/21/2016 10:18:16 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Misc? Not really.

Games and religion? Yes.

You obviously don't visit the politics forum - that has recently picked up in activity. Arts is extremely active in comparison to the past.

I posted over 300 posts tis week, and MisterMittens of ________ post wins.

ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 12:09:29 PM
Reading the posts in this thread were interesting. It was like listening to blind men critique and suggest improvements to, a painting.

The reasons why the site as a whole is dying were right there in several of the comments of the posters. And I daresay even Airmax doesn't have a clue of why the site is dying or how to revive it, as he has made similar comments and has a similar mindset.

Sad, because I like this forum and think it doesn't have to die.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 1:13:43 PM
It's because I joined 2 months ago and proved everyone wrong . My far superior intellect, is no match, for the feeble minded, inferior folk. There like 2008, and the fact that you can't win a argument, cause it's objective. And no one exsist. I remember it like yesterday. When we all relised. If you can't win a unicorns don't exist argument. You should try letting more people vote, maybe team forums , team debates , the pros vs the cons, the Christian v atheist thread. And at the end special members vote. And you need to get rid of people like me the speak crap, and stop discussion. Like a nice little back and forth is going , then bammmmmm out of the blue I'll pop up with a ,. Did I happen to mention I once beat a cat with a stick.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 5:13:46 PM
At 1/22/2016 8:29:31 AM, fire_wings wrote:
At 1/21/2016 10:18:16 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Misc? Not really.

Games and religion? Yes.

I posted over 300 posts tis week, and MisterMittens of ________ post wins.

That's not activity. That's spam, and you should stop spamming.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King