Jump to topic:

The idiots come and go.....

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 12:10:19 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
I am a liberal. A abortion loving, flag burning supporting, Sanders supporting liberal. However, I welcomed back a friend of the site I hope never leaves. Well,never... No I hope he leaves, but point is, he is a conservative, knuckle dragging, a$$, and I was so happy to see him back.

The flash in the pan, the boisterous fool. They die quick. Liberal or conservative, they are gone before you know it.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 12:19:32 AM
wut
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:06:08 AM
At 1/25/2016 12:10:19 AM, TBR wrote:
I am a liberal. A abortion loving, flag burning supporting, Sanders supporting liberal. However, I welcomed back a friend of the site I hope never leaves. Well,never... No I hope he leaves, but point is, he is a conservative, knuckle dragging, a$$, and I was so happy to see him back.

The flash in the pan, the boisterous fool. They die quick. Liberal or conservative, they are gone before you know it.

This made no sense.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:08:47 AM
At 1/25/2016 1:06:08 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

This made no sense.

^ I'm confused
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:09:29 AM

This made no sense.

How so.

Simple point is, there is a conservative on this site who I appreciate very much who was gone. While he was absent, many nasty stupid people filled his shoes. I am happy to have a proper counter back on the site.

The fools, both left and right, come and go. They are simply fools. I look forward to the smart and difficult.

Why is this hard to understand?
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:09:44 AM
At 1/25/2016 1:08:47 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

This made no sense.

^ I'm confused

Everyone is. Well, just us two, but everyone nonetheless.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:11:04 AM
At 1/25/2016 1:09:29 AM, TBR wrote:

This made no sense.

How so.

Simple point is, there is a conservative on this site who I appreciate very much who was gone. While he was absent, many nasty stupid people filled his shoes. I am happy to have a proper counter back on the site.

The fools, both left and right, come and go. They are simply fools. I look forward to the smart and difficult.

That made no sense because it wasn't written well. Now that you clarified it, I understand, and so does ESocialBookworm (presumably). Who might that conservative be?

And by stupid people, I think I know who you're talking about Ahem* grittyworm ahem*

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:13:10 AM
At 1/25/2016 1:11:04 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

This made no sense.

How so.

That made no sense because it wasn't written well. Now that you clarified it, I understand, and so does ESocialBookworm (presumably). Who might that conservative be?

And by stupid people, I think I know who you're talking about Ahem* grittyworm ahem*

Gritty is long gone. I am speaking of yet another fool.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:16:39 AM
At 1/25/2016 1:13:10 AM, TBR wrote:

This made no sense.

How so.

And who might that be? You got me wondering so now I need to know.

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:18:08 AM

This made no sense.

How so.

is he named after a certain extinct species of reptiles?
"Change your sig."
~YYW
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:32:12 AM
It's too bad that people could not understand the point of the OP, or that they need to have the drama (Penguin, looking at you).

Point was, I appreciate many people on this site that it would otherwise seem I despise. The people I really despise are not liberals or conservatives. They are the drive-by fools, the idiots, the dumb and cruel.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:39:17 AM

https://www.youtube.com...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:43:09 AM
At 1/25/2016 1:39:17 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

I may be drinking, but this is not that hard to understand. I think you all are trying to read extra meaning into a nice sentiment.

I don't dislike people I disagree with on this site. I dislike the fools. They come and go, they are not isolated to one persuasion or another.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:04:43 AM

If this sentence was actually worded like it was written like a human being instead of a lobotomized donkey, this would have made sense the first go around.
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:05:43 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:04:43 AM, 16kadams wrote:

If this sentence was actually worded like it was written by a human being instead of a lobotomized donkey, this would have made sense the first go around.

Edited. I wrote my sentence like a mentally diseased goldfish.
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:14:50 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:05:43 AM, 16kadams wrote:

If this sentence was actually worded like it was written by a human being instead of a lobotomized jaguar, this would have made sense the first go around.

Edited. I wrote my sentence like a mentally diseased jaguar.

Heh heh
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:20:13 AM

This made no sense.

How so.

Sadolite?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:20:14 AM

If this sentence was actually worded like it was written by a human being instead of a lobotomized donkey, this would have made sense the first go around.

I think you all are looking for something that is not there.

I hope all my friends move on from what they are doing today. I hope everyone leaves this site. I am happy to have him back, but it is not without some sadness. The selfish part of me wants my conservative friend back, the proper friend wishes him to move along.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:21:36 AM
I know who he's talking about.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:22:09 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:20:13 AM, imabench wrote:

This made no sense.

How so.

Sadolite?

My example of "flash in the pan" is a person who might administer a country or university.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:23:00 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:14:50 AM, Varrack wrote:

If this sentence was actually worded like it was written by a human being instead of a lobotomized jaguar, this would have made sense the first go around.

Heh heh

Varrack you conservative, knuckle dragging, a$$!
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:24:05 AM
The OP made perfect sense to me after thinking about it for about 3 minutes. I feel good about that.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:24:06 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:20:14 AM, TBR wrote:

I hope all my friends move on from what they are doing today. I hope everyone leaves this site. I am happy to have him back, but it is not without some sadness. The selfish part of me wants my conservative friend back, the proper friend wishes him to move along.

Well this is highly tragic. You seem to imply that DDO is a restriction on people's lives rather than an addition.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:24:46 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:23:00 AM, TBR wrote:

Heh heh

I feel like I'm the only one besides you two that understood the OP.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:27:32 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:24:06 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Well this is highly tragic. You seem to imply that DDO is a restriction on people's lives rather than an addition.

It is a part. It's like HS, college or a job. It is a great part of life, but one that must be moved on from at some point
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:28:59 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:24:46 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/25/2016 2:23:00 AM, TBR wrote:

Heh heh

I feel like I'm the only one besides you two that understood the OP.

You are a good and bright young-man. This was a compliment to all that I hold dear in this site.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:29:21 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:27:32 AM, TBR wrote:

It is a part. It's like HS, college or a job. It is a great part of life, but one that must be moved on from at some point

I 100% disagree. It's a community of friends, a space to hone ideas, a place to learn and develop. None of these process halt at any point in your life. People seek enjoyment from life, and if they get it here, then they should not move on, as long as they keep getting it.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:39:20 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:29:21 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I 100% disagree. It's a community of friends, a space to hone ideas, a place to learn and develop. None of these process halt at any point in your life. People seek enjoyment from life, and if they get it here, then they should not move on, as long as they keep getting it.

I agree almost entirely. Here is about the only place I would differ. People stagnate. They need to move from what is comfortable to continue to grow. This is not your home, it is a website. Your friends here, totally real. You may have them forever, I have friends from HS and college I would never part with. However, we all move on. The most pathetic people are those that can't or won't.

Now. Back around to my OP. The flash in the pans. The people that come on this site, take a huge dump. They come and go with ease. Irritating, annoying. They mean little to the community.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:41:29 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:39:20 AM, TBR wrote:
At 1/25/2016 2:29:21 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I agree almost entirely. Here is about the only place I would differ. People stagnate. They need to move from what is comfortable to continue to grow. This is not your home, it is a website. Your friends here, totally real. You may have them forever, I have friends from HS and college I would never part with. However, we all move on. The most pathetic people are those that can't or won't.

Life isn't a nomadic process. Eventually you need to settle down. And since this is a website, the whole concept of moving on becomes even sillier. Leave if you like. Come back if you like. It's up to you, and that's not for anyone else to judge.

Now. Back around to my OP. The flash in the pans. The people that come on this site, take a huge dump. They come and go with ease. Irritating, annoying. They mean little to the community.

Yes. So?