Jump to topic:

Solution to not enough votes

RainbowDash52
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:15:11 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
New idea for how people can guarantee they get at least one vote on their debate.

People will post topics that they want to watch other people debate. By posting a topic here, you are promising that you will vote on the first debate to be done on that topic.

If you want to debate a topic listed on this thread and have the person vote on it afterwards, instigate a debate of the topic, then post on this thread quoting the topic you are debating, and include a link to the debate.

Here are my topics that I will vote on if two people want to debate them:

1. Should the average person care about global warming?
2. Is it possible to create something more intelligent than yourself?
3. What color is a mirror?

This is a win win situation. Voters get to vote on debates they want to read, and debaters will get a guaranteed vote on their debate.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:40:14 AM
At 1/26/2016 3:15:11 AM, RainbowDash52 wrote:
New idea for how people can guarantee they get at least one vote on their debate.

People will post topics that they want to watch other people debate. By posting a topic here, you are promising that you will vote on the first debate to be done on that topic.

If you want to debate a topic listed on this thread and have the person vote on it afterwards, instigate a debate of the topic, then post on this thread quoting the topic you are debating, and include a link to the debate.

This is a win win situation. Voters get to vote on debates they want to read, and debaters will get a guaranteed vote on their debate.

1) you didn't include links mate.
2) we already have that. http://www.debate.org...
RainbowDash52
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:47:57 AM
At 1/26/2016 3:40:14 AM, Hayd wrote:

But there has been a complain that people's debates still weren't getting votes even after posting their debates on that thread. I for one recently posted the same debate twice there, and still no one voted on it. this fixes that problem.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:51:16 AM
At 1/26/2016 3:47:57 AM, RainbowDash52 wrote:

But there has been a complain that people's debates still weren't getting votes even after posting their debates on that thread. I for one recently posted the same debate twice there, and still no one voted on it. this fixes that problem.

It won't fix the problem. For what reason should we use this same exact thread over the other same exact thread, when the other is stickied to the top of the forum?
RainbowDash52
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:53:51 AM
At 1/26/2016 3:51:16 AM, Hayd wrote:

It won't fix the problem. For what reason should we use this same exact thread over the other same exact thread, when the other is stickied to the top of the forum?

This isn't the exact same thread, on this thread people are guaranteed to have someone vote on their debate, while the other one, there is a good chance no one will vote on it anyways.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:54:50 AM
At 1/26/2016 3:53:51 AM, RainbowDash52 wrote:

This isn't the exact same thread, on this thread people are guaranteed to have someone vote on their debate, while the other one, there is a good chance no one will vote on it anyways.

How. How does it make it a better chance.
RainbowDash52
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:57:58 AM
At 1/26/2016 3:54:50 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 1/26/2016 3:53:51 AM, RainbowDash52 wrote:

How. How does it make it a better chance.

You are having someone promise to vote on your debate before you even begin. As opposed to the other thread where you simply beg and hope a person is willing to vote on it.