Jump to topic:

Update this, please, Juggle

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 1:58:09 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
To have a debate deleted, please contact the site president, TUF.

This is what it says in the FAQ's section. I get messages from members all the time asking me to delete stuff for them, or do some moderator related stuff. I continuously refer them to airmax, and still some people just think I am flat out lying to them that I have the ability to do moderator stuff and just don't want to for some reason. Even when I was president I didn't have the ability to delete debates. This is beyond annoying! Please change this.
Thanks.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:02:05 PM
At 1/27/2016 1:58:09 PM, TUF wrote:

This is what it says in the FAQ's section. I get messages from members all the time asking me to delete stuff for them, or do some moderator related stuff. I continuously refer them to airmax, and still some people just think I am flat out lying to them that I have the ability to do moderator stuff and just don't want to for some reason. Even when I was president I didn't have the ability to delete debates. This is beyond annoying! Please change this.
Thanks.

There are tons of small issues I have been asking for Juggle to remove. It makes them look so lazy and unorganized.
GenuineLiar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:06:08 PM
At 1/27/2016 2:02:05 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:

Thanks.

There are tons of small issues I have been asking for Juggle to remove. It makes them look so lazy and unorganized.

Please, enlighten me. Make your own debate site and run it better.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else"s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
Oscar Wilde
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:08:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com...

I get messages like this, and how to I respond to them without them thinking I am lying? I mean the dang site says that I can delete debates lol. I have never had that ability.
GenuineLiar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:09:01 PM

Thanks.
But you love Debate.org, and have made many friends over the years on the website. Whether it be mafia, debating, or voting, you have enjoyed the many aspects of Debate.org, and want yo learn and grow with the community. You are goal-oriented, hardworking, and determined to make the site a better place. If we have any questions, suggestions, or comments we should feel free to contact you at any time.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else"s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
Oscar Wilde
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:11:08 PM
At 1/27/2016 2:09:01 PM, GenuineLiar wrote:

Thanks.
But you love Debate.org, and have made many friends over the years on the website. Whether it be mafia, debating, or voting, you have enjoyed the many aspects of Debate.org, and want yo learn and grow with the community. You are goal-oriented, hardworking, and determined to make the site a better place. If we have any questions, suggestions, or comments we should feel free to contact you at any time.

Sure, I never said i wasn't willing to be contacted with questions, suggestions, or comments. This is a little different than that, because people are thinking I am lying to them when I tell them I can't delete their debate, but the site FAQ's says I can lol.
GenuineLiar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:11:43 PM
At 1/27/2016 2:11:08 PM, TUF wrote:

Thanks.

Sure, I never said i wasn't willing to be contacted with questions, suggestions, or comments. This is a little different than that, because people are thinking I am lying to them when I tell them I can't delete their debate, but the site FAQ's says I can lol.

http://www.debate.org...
Oscar Wilde
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:12:08 PM
At 1/27/2016 2:06:08 PM, GenuineLiar wrote:

Thanks.

If I was a mod, I would do everything I can to update the site.

And by your logic, citizens cannot criticize candidates because they can't do better. Or at the very least, we assume some can't do better.
GenuineLiar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:14:34 PM
At 1/27/2016 2:12:08 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:

Thanks.

And by your logic, citizens cannot criticize candidates because they can't do better. Or at the very least, we assume some can't do better.

Thank you for your reply, I will now put it next to the many things I don't care about in life and get back to you later.
Oscar Wilde
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:16:21 PM
At 1/27/2016 2:14:34 PM, GenuineLiar wrote:
At 1/27/2016 2:12:08 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply, I will now put it next to the many things I don't care about in life and get back to you later.

Cool
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:18:06 PM

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com... Juggle fixing the site, what a joke.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 3:36:09 PM
At 1/27/2016 2:11:43 PM, GenuineLiar wrote:

Thanks.

RIght. That was two years ago and many many administrations ago. The president is BSH1. Get his problem?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:14:38 PM

Thanks.

Yeah there has been 4 site elections and presidents since then.
GenuineLiar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:18:09 PM
At 1/27/2016 4:14:38 PM, TUF wrote:

Thanks.

That is no excuse for denying you won them.
Oscar Wilde
GenuineLiar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:24:21 PM
At 1/27/2016 3:36:09 PM, TBR wrote:

Thanks.

RIght. That was two years ago and many many administrations ago. The president is BSH1. Get his problem?

Are you his spokesperson?
Oscar Wilde
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:26:43 PM
At 1/27/2016 2:08:16 PM, TUF wrote:
http://i.imgur.com...

I get messages like this, and how to I respond to them without them thinking I am lying? I mean the dang site says that I can delete debates lol. I have never had that ability.

lol that made me laugh :)
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:29:58 PM
At 1/27/2016 4:24:21 PM, GenuineLiar wrote:
At 1/27/2016 3:36:09 PM, TBR wrote:

Thanks.

Are you his spokesperson?

No, I am showing you the issue. Ignore the problem if you like, but at-least try to understand it.
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:31:49 PM

Thanks.

I do agree tho. I think that that section of DDO must be updated and I hope you stop getting idiotic messages asking you to delete debates. Maybe you could block people when they start saying things like "pretty please" and continue talking after you refer them to Max.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:59:01 PM
At 1/27/2016 4:31:49 PM, Forever23 wrote:

Thanks.

I do agree tho. I think that that section of DDO must be updated and I hope you stop getting idiotic messages asking you to delete debates. Maybe you could block people when they start saying things like "pretty please" and continue talking after you refer them to Max.

I wouldn't find this to be a solution, as it's not their fault. The site says to contact TUF, and says he can delete debates, which he apparently never could do. So that info was false from the start, and now it's just very out of date.
Although, I have to say TUF, idk if you'll get your wish anytime soon.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 5:01:03 PM
At 1/27/2016 4:59:01 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Thanks.

I wouldn't find this to be a solution, as it's not their fault. The site says to contact TUF, and says he can delete debates, which he apparently never could do. So that info was false from the start, and now it's just very out of date.

Hmm yea. Blocking every noob is just... Too many but if they annoy him, its the only option.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 5:02:07 PM
At 1/27/2016 5:01:03 PM, Forever23 wrote:

Thanks.

Hmm yea. Blocking every noob is just... Too many but if they annoy him, its the only option.

It's not really the only option...it's just a less needed one
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 5:04:07 PM
At 1/27/2016 5:02:07 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Thanks.

What would you do on his place if juggle still wont change it?
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 5:08:15 PM
At 1/27/2016 5:04:07 PM, Forever23 wrote:

Thanks.

Well, a couple things maybe. I could turn messages so I only got messages from friends, I could continue to redirect them to Max, I could ignore them, there are other possibilities but lunch is time so I'll be back later.

Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 5:10:28 PM
At 1/27/2016 5:08:15 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 1/27/2016 5:04:07 PM, Forever23 wrote:

Thanks.

Well, a couple things maybe. I could turn messages so I only got messages from friends, I could continue to redirect them to Max, I could ignore them, there are other possibilities but lunch is time so I'll be back later.

Hmm okay, good point. Some of these he already tried and friend only messages could prevent actual non spam PMs. And bye.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 7:50:02 PM
At 1/27/2016 4:18:09 PM, GenuineLiar wrote:
At 1/27/2016 4:14:38 PM, TUF wrote:

Thanks.

That is no excuse for denying you won them.

What are you even talking about.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 7:53:01 PM

Yeah, well my hope was something in the main forums page directly calling out Juggle by name might grab there attention. I know it has in the past. But the past is the past, so you may be right.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 7:57:48 PM
At 1/27/2016 7:53:01 PM, TUF wrote:

Yeah, well my hope was something in the main forums page directly calling out Juggle by name might grab there attention. I know it has in the past. But the past is the past, so you may be right.

*pats shoulder*

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 8:52:31 PM

So, the President of the site is elected by the usership, but he or she does not have moderation powers. Moderators are appointed, and they are the ones with the authority to delete debates, penalize members for TOS violations, remove votes, and so forth. The current moderators are Airmax1227, Whiteflame, PetersSmith, and Blade-of-Truth.

The President is more like a community organizer. The President's job is to run community programs like the tournament system or the debater mentorship program. The President is also a lobbyist of sorts--they can liaise with moderation and try to influence moderation policies or bring issues to the attention of moderation. However, moderation has the final say on moderation issues. In a chain-of-command-type analogy, Airmax is the 5 star general, and the President (me) is like the 1 star general, with the other moderators falling at various points in-between.

Juggle is the company that owns the site. Only they have the power to effect site updates, like updating the "Elected Officials" page. TUF has not been president and Cody as not been VP since June 2014. So TUF and Cody no longer have whatever authority and/or influence accompany the office of President. I am the current President and Zaradi is the current VP; but even we lack the power to remove debates, because this authority is vested in moderation, and we're not moderators.

Hopefully, this clarifies TUF's complaint for you.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 12:51:35 AM
But yeah, I agree this should be updated. As should other issues on the site.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
GenuineLiar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:13:03 PM
At 1/27/2016 8:52:31 PM, bsh1 wrote:

So, the President of the site is elected by the usership, but he or she does not have moderation powers. Moderators are appointed, and they are the ones with the authority to delete debates, penalize members for TOS violations, remove votes, and so forth. The current moderators are Airmax1227, Whiteflame, PetersSmith, and Blade-of-Truth.

The President is more like a community organizer. The President's job is to run community programs like the tournament system or the debater mentorship program. The President is also a lobbyist of sorts--they can liaise with moderation and try to influence moderation policies or bring issues to the attention of moderation. However, moderation has the final say on moderation issues. In a chain-of-command-type analogy, Airmax is the 5 star general, and the President (me) is like the 1 star general, with the other moderators falling at various points in-between.

Juggle is the company that owns the site. Only they have the power to effect site updates, like updating the "Elected Officials" page. TUF has not been president and Cody as not been VP since June 2014. So TUF and Cody no longer have whatever authority and/or influence accompany the office of President. I am the current President and Zaradi is the current VP; but even we lack the power to remove debates, because this authority is vested in moderation, and we're not moderators.

Hopefully, this clarifies TUF's complaint for you.

No, it only clarifies that ultimately democratically elected officials must answer to handpicked officials rather than the reverse which ultimately makes DDO a dictatorship.
Oscar Wilde