Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Crash and Burn Debates

Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 5:22:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
You know what I'm talking about. Those debates where you accept a challenge and put in a ton of work into your argument, then your opponent forfeits all his rounds and is never heard from again.

Join the struggle to stop crash and burn debates, and challenge people who are legitimate Debate.org members.

Here is a perfect example.

http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 5:24:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
So how would one prevent them?

You don't know if some knew guy is gonna ditch or not.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 5:25:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 5:24:33 PM, OreEle wrote:
So how would one prevent them?

You don't know if some knew guy is gonna ditch or not.

Challenge people with a good record or posting debates. Take into account their join date, because many accounts crash and burn after a few days and are never heard from again.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 5:30:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't like the idea of not debating people simply because they are new. Then cuts off new people. If a new person joins and legitimately wants to have a debate, we'd end up ignoring them and driving them away. That will lead to stagnation of our members and we'll all eventually grow tired of each other, like family that does live far enough away.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 5:32:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 5:30:12 PM, OreEle wrote:
I don't like the idea of not debating people simply because they are new. Then cuts off new people. If a new person joins and legitimately wants to have a debate, we'd end up ignoring them and driving them away. That will lead to stagnation of our members and we'll all eventually grow tired of each other, like family that does live far enough away.

If a member seems eager to debate, go right ahead! If a member gives the impression that he/she has better things to do, take caution.
HateLife
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 7:10:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 5:22:13 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
You know what I'm talking about. Those debates where you accept a challenge and put in a ton of work into your argument, then your opponent forfeits all his rounds and is never heard from again.

Join the struggle to stop crash and burn debates, and challenge people who are legitimate Debate.org members.


Here is a perfect example.

http://www.debate.org...

its not a big deal just start a new one
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 8:31:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 5:32:13 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 10/28/2010 5:30:12 PM, OreEle wrote:
I don't like the idea of not debating people simply because they are new. Then cuts off new people. If a new person joins and legitimately wants to have a debate, we'd end up ignoring them and driving them away. That will lead to stagnation of our members and we'll all eventually grow tired of each other, like family that does live far enough away.

If a member seems eager to debate, go right ahead! If a member gives the impression that he/she has better things to do, take caution.

sometimes they don't say anything to give you that impression until after the debate
http://www.debate.org...
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 8:33:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
by the way I had not noticed this forum thread hear, it seems its completely the same topic I started here http://www.debate.org...

had I noticed I would have just posted all that in this thread.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 9:23:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/29/2010 8:49:11 AM, Chrysippus wrote:
VTL Marauder for creating extraneous threads

but its not too late though!, we can avert such a occurrence. keep this thread on the crash and burn topic, make mine a thread just for critiquing my short story.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.