Jump to topic:

My Idea for new Tournament rules

Lsumichiganfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 2:51:49 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
I have been quite upset with the leadership lately on the tournament issue.

The moderators shouldn't give us a sign up sheet to make debates. Any debater should be able to make a tournament when ever they want. I have talked to bsh and he claimed that if we didn't regulate tournaments there would be "tournament fatigue". We are debaters! We love tournaments and debates! We don't need a sign up sheet to make debates! I am very upset about this if I get banned who cares! I am standing up for the silent majority of debaters on here that never here about voting or policy posts.

I will be making a beginners tournament if you are interested contact me. A sign up sheet is not needed. When is the next election on this site?

Ban me if you want

-Nathan
Please vote on this debate: http://www.debate.org...
"You have displayed the political understanding of a tortoise thus far in this election" -Harder
Lsumichiganfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 2:53:11 AM
At 1/31/2016 2:51:49 AM, Lsumichiganfan wrote:

The moderators shouldn't give us a sign up sheet to make debates. Any debater should be able to make a tournament when ever they want. I have talked to bsh and he claimed that if we didn't regulate tournaments there would be "tournament fatigue". We are debaters! We love tournaments and debates! We don't need a sign up sheet to make debates! I am very upset about this if I get banned who cares! I am standing up for the silent majority of debaters on here that never here about voting or policy posts.

Sorry many typos in that post, my anger took over!

I will be making a beginners tournament if you are interested contact me. A sign up sheet is not needed. When is the next election on this site?

Ban me if you want

-Nathan
"You have displayed the political understanding of a tortoise thus far in this election" -Harder
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 2:54:04 AM

Ban me if you want

-Nathan

Next election is mid-June, likely the 12th to 14th. No candidacy announcements as of yet (daytona's is coming any day), though word on the street is bsh is already prepping for a third term.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Lsumichiganfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 2:55:12 AM
At 1/31/2016 2:54:04 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Ban me if you want

-Nathan

Next election is mid-June, likely the 12th to 14th. No candidacy announcements as of yet (daytona's is coming any day), though word on the street is bsh is already prepping for a third term.

Interesting, do you agree with my idea? I mean please we don't need a sign up sheet!
Lsumichiganfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 2:56:48 AM

Ban me if you want

-Nathan

The moderators and presidents are horrible at getting the word out. Their polls are completely in secret, the policies are WAY too restrictive. I came here to debate not a long list of rules from the DDO "President"
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 2:57:24 AM
There are beginner's tournaments made every month. I don't think you really need to make one.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Lsumichiganfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 2:58:48 AM
At 1/31/2016 2:57:24 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
There are beginner's tournaments made every month. I don't think you really need to make one.

12 tournaments in 365 days? I want to make my own, yes I think we as debaters should be allowed to make tournaments.
Lsumichiganfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 2:59:38 AM

The Moderators have so much control, there is more and more control! I have been on this site for a year. I am slowly watching it fall apart
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:01:42 AM
At 1/31/2016 2:58:48 AM, Lsumichiganfan wrote:

12 tournaments in 365 days? I want to make my own, yes I think we as debaters should be allowed to make tournaments.
Tournaments is plural, and even then, one a month is pretty reasonable.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:01:42 AM

I'm missing your point, if you even have one.

12 tournaments in a year for beginners is enough. That's 12 tournaments with 8 debaters and 4 mentors in each month. That's 96 debater slots for beginners during the year. If you think we need more forfeited beginner tournaments you strike me as someone who is incapable of thinking much through.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Lsumichiganfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:02:20 AM

We need a revolution on this site, we need rule changes! You know what? I think an Lsumichiganfan presidency wouldn't sound so bad!

lol
Lsumichiganfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:04:48 AM
At 1/31/2016 3:01:42 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

12 tournaments in a year for beginners is enough. That's
12 tournaments with 8 debaters and 4 mentors in each month. That's 96 debater slots for beginners during the year. If you think we need more forfeited beginner tournaments you strike me as someone who is incapable of thinking much through.

It's not a radical proposal, debaters should be able to make tournaments. Every tournament doesn't have to be a formal one. You are treating like this proposal is a threat to humanity. What harm can more tournaments do? Please tell me!
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:05:04 AM
At 1/31/2016 2:59:38 AM, Lsumichiganfan wrote:

The Moderators have so much control, there is more and more control! I have been on this site for a year. I am slowly watching it fall apart

Yeah, I don't take that very seriously.

I've been active for 16 months - you've apparently had an accounts for 6 months. If you think that the site is falling apart, I would think you'd have to actually contribute decently to the site to make that judgement. 10 debates and 20 forum posts? And you're commenting on the state of how things are running? That's a joke.

If you've been led to believe this by, say, forever23, you couldn't have picked a worse member to consider the point-of-view of.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:07:22 AM
At 1/31/2016 3:04:48 AM, Lsumichiganfan wrote:

12 tournaments with 8 debaters and 4 mentors in each month. That's 96 debater slots for beginners during the year. If you think we need more forfeited beginner tournaments you strike me as someone who is incapable of thinking much through.

It's not a radical proposal, debaters should be able to make tournaments. Every tournament doesn't have to be a formal one. You are treating like this proposal is a threat to humanity. What harm can more tournaments do? Please tell me!

If you run 24 beginner's tournaments in a year when 12 already gave a pretty bad quality output, then you're just making the quality of things worse, and worse, and worse.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Lsumichiganfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:07:43 AM
At 1/31/2016 3:05:04 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/31/2016 2:59:38 AM, Lsumichiganfan wrote:

Yeah, I don't take that very seriously.

I've been active for 16 months - you've apparently had an accounts for 6 months. If you think that the site is falling apart, I would think you'd have to actually contribute decently to the site to make that judgement. 10 debates and 20 forum posts? And you're commenting on the state of how things are running? That's a joke.

If you've been led to believe this by, say, forever23, you couldn't have picked a worse member to consider the point-of-view of.

I have had an account before this, I started on DDO two years ago on the account Michiganman56. I don't post much I mainly read debates and forums. I am watching the site fall apart I have probably been on this site longer then you counting both accounts
Lsumichiganfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:09:59 AM
At 1/31/2016 3:07:22 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

If you run 24 beginner's tournaments in a year when 12 already gave a pretty bad quality output, then you're just making the quality of things worse, and worse, and worse.

Overall yes you will have some bad quality, but we need more tournaments. If we have more and more people being involved you may have some good quality tournaments as well!
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:10:40 AM
At 1/31/2016 3:07:43 AM, Lsumichiganfan wrote:
I have had an account before this, I started on DDO two years ago on the account Michiganman56. I don't post much I mainly read debates and forums. I am watching the site fall apart I have probably been on this site longer then you counting both accounts

I checked for that account. It doesn't exist, apparently. If it did...you would have joined the site at 11 years old? And judging from the apparent thought you've put into this you don't stike me as an especially bright young teenager, so I'm not sure if I really trust your judgement.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:12:44 AM
At 1/31/2016 3:02:20 AM, Lsumichiganfan wrote:

We need a revolution on this site, we need rule changes! You know what? I think an Lsumichiganfan presidency wouldn't sound so bad!

lol

No... A member who has been online for 6 months and thinks debaters should make more beginners tournaments should not be president.
Lsumichiganfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:12:47 AM
At 1/31/2016 3:10:40 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I checked for that account. It doesn't exist, apparently. If it did...you would have joined the site at 11 years old? And judging from the apparent thought you've put into this you don't stike me as an especially bright young teenager, so I'm not sure if I really trust your judgement.

I haven't figured out how to change the age settings, so no I did not join the account at 11 years old. How dare you make false random statements!
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:13:25 AM
At 1/31/2016 3:09:59 AM, Lsumichiganfan wrote:

Overall yes you will have some bad quality, but we need more tournaments. If we have more and more people being involved you may have some good quality tournaments as well!
I don't think you understand how supply and demand works. If, at the moment, there's twelve tournaments that hardly manage full rosters, doubling that amount with the same demand (and there's no reason to think it'd change), means it'd become vastly more difficult to get a full crowd in any one tournament, or at least more so than it was before.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:13:33 AM
Well, apparently sheer quantity is better than any quality whatsoever. That's a new one.

Hopefully this is just product of a young teenager's anti-authoritarian streak than an actual thought process.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:14:23 AM
At 1/31/2016 3:12:47 AM, Lsumichiganfan wrote:

I haven't figured out how to change the age settings, so no I did not join the account at 11 years old. How dare you make false random statements!

"I am 13 years old"

-your profile.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:17:16 AM
At 1/31/2016 3:09:59 AM, Lsumichiganfan wrote:

You are misinterpreting what harder is saying. He is saying that the status of the tournaments are ready bad. Doing more will result in more bad quality debates. Quantity does not mean quality.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:21:51 AM

lol

You've got my vote
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 3:25:30 AM
At 1/31/2016 3:21:51 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

lol

You've got my vote

Best campaign ever.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 5:08:20 AM

A third term? Don't get me wrong, I like bsh1 and all, but I'm against a Third Term on anyone.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 5:42:07 AM

I don't think you understand what "tournament fatigue" is. It's not a problem for the debaters so much as the tournament itself. If there are multiple tournaments running at once, that'd mean more people will drop out of tournaments. Tournament popularity is critical to the idea of tournaments. Furthermore, per polls, the majority of DDO supports the mafia-like system of tournaments.

There's not an actual punishment for hosting a tournament like you are except community pressure. So, I urge the DDO community to not join any tournament which one doesn't sign up for -- even if you oppose the mafia based system, take it up in private messages with the administration (bsh1, Zaradi, Saph), and still don't join such tournaments until you've resolved the issue.

You can feel free to add your name to the tournament list when it comes up.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 5:43:16 AM
Furthermore, I'd seriously suggest that you add your name in the sign-up sheet. You'll probably be one of the first, and you can create regulations as you wish -- which means you'll both (a) be able to host a "beginners' tournament" like you want to, and (b) follow the rules.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 5:43:48 AM
At 1/31/2016 5:43:16 AM, tejretics wrote:
Furthermore, I'd seriously suggest that you add your name in the sign-up sheet. You'll probably be one of the first, and you can create regulations as you wish -- which means you'll both (a) be able to host a "beginners' tournament" like you want to, and (b) follow the rules.

he is about 6th or 7th in line.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Lsumichiganfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 12:56:17 PM
At 1/31/2016 3:14:23 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/31/2016 3:12:47 AM, Lsumichiganfan wrote:

"I am 13 years old"

-your profile.

That summary was written years ago, I will edit the profile if you wish!