Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Good debates this month

tejretics
Posts: 6,800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 5:31:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I feel like reading a debate. I'd appreciate if you could link me to some good debates that happened this month -- it'd be nice to know there's some quality content on DDO now. Thanks.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

http://gotejas.com...
fire_wings
Posts: 5,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 5:49:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 5:31:40 AM, tejretics wrote:
I feel like reading a debate. I'd appreciate if you could link me to some good debates that happened this month -- it'd be nice to know there's some quality content on DDO now. Thanks.

Not so good debate, but you can vote for it

http://www.debate.org...
tejretics
Posts: 6,800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 5:51:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 5:49:26 AM, fire_wings wrote:
At 1/31/2016 5:31:40 AM, tejretics wrote:
I feel like reading a debate. I'd appreciate if you could link me to some good debates that happened this month -- it'd be nice to know there's some quality content on DDO now. Thanks.

Not so good debate, but you can vote for it

http://www.debate.org...

A vote request on a debate you admit as "not . . . good" is virtually thread derailment, since it's irrelevant to the topic at hand. You want votes, post it in the voting thread or send me a PM. You have to *understand* the meaning of OP's before you post on threads. Please just read the OP.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

http://gotejas.com...
tejretics
Posts: 6,800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 7:15:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 6:03:21 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:
I am making a good debate this week. Maybe I can post it here.

A debate is "good" only based on the quality of the arguments on both sides.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

http://gotejas.com...
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 4:42:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 7:15:22 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 1/31/2016 6:03:21 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:
I am making a good debate this week. Maybe I can post it here.

A debate is "good" only based on the quality of the arguments on both sides.

I *hope* it's good. I will do my part.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,592
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 5:40:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 5:31:40 AM, tejretics wrote:
I feel like reading a debate. I'd appreciate if you could link me to some good debates that happened this month -- it'd be nice to know there's some quality content on DDO now. Thanks.

At least half-way decent; still in the process, though: http://www.debate.org...
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Techno-Hyperkant arrives from the future. The Categorical Imperative ignites the eternal Nightmare of Ends. You are delighted to death.

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 8:12:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 5:31:40 AM, tejretics wrote:
I feel like reading a debate. I'd appreciate if you could link me to some good debates that happened this month -- it'd be nice to know there's some quality content on DDO now. Thanks.

If you're looking for a fun debate between two good debaters.

Resolved: The Dark Side of the Force are the real "Good Guys." Lannan13 vs. Imabench

http://www.debate.org...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
UtherPenguin
Posts: 4,021
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 8:48:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 5:31:40 AM, tejretics wrote:
I feel like reading a debate. I'd appreciate if you could link me to some good debates that happened this month -- it'd be nice to know there's some quality content on DDO now. Thanks.

Quite a long debate (not mine): http://www.debate.org...
Man with one chopstick go hungry
-Siddhartha Gautama
Peepette
Posts: 1,498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 2:02:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 5:40:54 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 1/31/2016 5:31:40 AM, tejretics wrote:
I feel like reading a debate. I'd appreciate if you could link me to some good debates that happened this month -- it'd be nice to know there's some quality content on DDO now. Thanks.

At least half-way decent; still in the process, though: http://www.debate.org...

Agreed.
YYW
Posts: 43,540
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 2:04:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/1/2016 2:02:28 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 1/31/2016 5:40:54 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 1/31/2016 5:31:40 AM, tejretics wrote:
I feel like reading a debate. I'd appreciate if you could link me to some good debates that happened this month -- it'd be nice to know there's some quality content on DDO now. Thanks.

At least half-way decent; still in the process, though: http://www.debate.org...

Agreed.

That is a most interesting bird in your profile picture. Quite blue. Quite blue indeed.
Peepette
Posts: 1,498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 2:19:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/1/2016 2:04:00 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/1/2016 2:02:28 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 1/31/2016 5:40:54 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 1/31/2016 5:31:40 AM, tejretics wrote:
I feel like reading a debate. I'd appreciate if you could link me to some good debates that happened this month -- it'd be nice to know there's some quality content on DDO now. Thanks.

At least half-way decent; still in the process, though: http://www.debate.org...

Agreed.

That is a most interesting bird in your profile picture. Quite blue. Quite blue indeed.

Spread the happiness, well most of the time. She does schwak on occasion.
YYW
Posts: 43,540
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 2:25:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/1/2016 2:19:43 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 2/1/2016 2:04:00 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/1/2016 2:02:28 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 1/31/2016 5:40:54 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 1/31/2016 5:31:40 AM, tejretics wrote:
I feel like reading a debate. I'd appreciate if you could link me to some good debates that happened this month -- it'd be nice to know there's some quality content on DDO now. Thanks.

At least half-way decent; still in the process, though: http://www.debate.org...

Agreed.

That is a most interesting bird in your profile picture. Quite blue. Quite blue indeed.

Spread the happiness, well most of the time. She does schwak on occasion.

What kind of bird?
Peepette
Posts: 1,498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 2:35:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/1/2016 2:25:03 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/1/2016 2:19:43 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 2/1/2016 2:04:00 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/1/2016 2:02:28 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 1/31/2016 5:40:54 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 1/31/2016 5:31:40 AM, tejretics wrote:
I feel like reading a debate. I'd appreciate if you could link me to some good debates that happened this month -- it'd be nice to know there's some quality content on DDO now. Thanks.

At least half-way decent; still in the process, though: http://www.debate.org...

Agreed.

That is a most interesting bird in your profile picture. Quite blue. Quite blue indeed.

Spread the happiness, well most of the time. She does schwak on occasion.

What kind of bird?

A blue bird, hence the happiness stuff.
tejretics
Posts: 6,800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 10:27:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 5:20:49 PM, famousdebater wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Do you really think that was a good debate on both sides?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

http://gotejas.com...
famousdebater
Posts: 3,981
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 3:49:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/1/2016 10:27:19 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 1/31/2016 5:20:49 PM, famousdebater wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Do you really think that was a good debate on both sides?

No, I was joking but there have been some pretty good examples of good debates recently:

http://www.debate.org...
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
MagicAintReal
Posts: 1,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 4:15:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 5:31:40 AM, tejretics wrote:
I feel like reading a debate. I'd appreciate if you could link me to some good debates that happened this month -- it'd be nice to know there's some quality content on DDO now. Thanks.

I found this one to be pretty good.
http://www.debate.org...
spacetime
Posts: 449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 11:22:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2016 5:31:40 AM, tejretics wrote:
I feel like reading a debate. I'd appreciate if you could link me to some good debates that happened this month -- it'd be nice to know there's some quality content on DDO now. Thanks.

http://www.debate.org...

Me vs. 16kadams.

Currently in progress.
Call me King Pootie Tang.