Jump to topic:

Good debates of certain subjects

Grandzam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 6:16:42 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
So there are some subjects that I am interested in reading good debates with. Unfortunately, using the search function does not get me what I need since I usually get a bunch of debates by mediocre debaters (like me), most of them just mentioning the topic offhand, and not even having it as the main point of the debate. I don't have time to search through the rubbish to find debates between good debaters with high ELO that actually pertain to he subject. So I am asking the community here to recall good debates about the following subjects.

1. Capitalism
2. Eminent Domain
3. Nations/borders are meaningless, etc.
4. Any subject with a well run K by anyone not named Zaradi

Alternatively, provide a way in which I can search for these thing without resorting to asking the community. Thanks!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 6:20:57 AM
You can check out the hall of fame thread, though there are a few stupid debates in there such as the trial debate and the one about unfair tactics, where Airmax hacked a bunch of people's accounts to vote against Danielle.
RainbowDash52
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 6:30:44 AM
At 1/31/2016 6:16:42 AM, Grandzam wrote:
So there are some subjects that I am interested in reading good debates with. Unfortunately, using the search function does not get me what I need since I usually get a bunch of debates by mediocre debaters (like me), most of them just mentioning the topic offhand, and not even having it as the main point of the debate. I don't have time to search through the rubbish to find debates between good debaters with high ELO that actually pertain to he subject. So I am asking the community here to recall good debates about the following subjects.

1. Capitalism
2. Eminent Domain
3. Nations/borders are meaningless, etc.
4. Any subject with a well run K by anyone not named Zaradi

Alternatively, provide a way in which I can search for these thing without resorting to asking the community. Thanks!

This is a debate of mine where I successfully ran an interesting K against a user with a 3300 Elo: http://www.debate.org...
Grandzam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 6:40:21 AM
@Wylted

I took a look at it and it did contain some of the stuff I wanted. Thanks!

@RainbowDash

Nice job. I liked this debate of yours. It helps to think outside of the box regarding the rules of the site.