Jump to topic:

Airmax should be banned.

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:15:22 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
When in the Course of debating events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the internet, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Debating entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of DDO requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all users are created equal, that they are endowed by Doge with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Voting, Debating and the pursuit of Entertainment.

That to secure these rights, Moderators are instituted among Users, deriving their just powers from the consent of the moderated, That whenever any Moderator becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the Users to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Administration, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Administration's long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that users are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Moderation, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Such has been the patient sufferance of this Community; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Administration. The history of the present Moderator of DDO is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these Users. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world:

He has refused to make his Administration transparent, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden the Users to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, and should they so choose they will be suspended in their operation and utterly neglected.

He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of new members, unless those people would relinquish their humanity and convert to Judaism.

He has called together Hangouts at places unusual and uncomfortable, for the sole purpose of shirt removal and fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has banned users repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness of his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time to ban those that face this site with the threat of Annihilation, thus DDO in the mean time is exposed to all the dangers of invasion from spam bots, and trolls within.

He has endeavoured to prevent the population of this website from returning from Edeb8 once banned; refusing to encourage their migrations hither.

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by being the Administration of Justice.

He has made elected officials dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Sub-Mods to harass our people and eat out their freedoms.

He has removed voting rights, in times of peace, without popular Consent.

He has affected to render the Moderation independent of and superior to the Civil Power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our TOS, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For violating the rules of English grammar through repeated use of ellipses:

For protecting trolls, by a "I'll get to it later" from punishment for any form of libel which they should commit on the Users of this Website:

For cutting off our arguments with "fair enough":

For imposing cruel and unusual Laws without our Consent:

For depriving us in all cases, of the benefit of Popular Trial:

For fabricating pretended offences against those who challenge him:

For establishing therein an Arbitrary government that is "too fvcking restrictive", and enlarging his powers so as to render all of our opinions and complaints mute.

For suspending our own Tournaments, and declaring only official ones to be legitimate for us in all cases whatsoever.

He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.

He has plundered the user-base, ravaged our voting rights, did not burn the Religion forum, and destroyed the lives of our people.

He is at this time writing a long dismissive letter to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Moderator of a civilized website.

He has constrained our fellow members taken Captive by his cult of personality to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.

He has excited social insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our forums, the merciless Religion Forum Savages whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Mod, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free website.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our Sub-Mod brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their Lord to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

We, therefore, the Representatives of DDO, in General Forum, Assembled, appealing to Doge for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of this Website, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Forums are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent Users; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the Axolotl Crown, and that all political connection between them and Moderation, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent Users, they have full Power to ban users, conclude bans, judge votes, create tournaments, establish Popular Moderators, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent Users may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor. Ban Airmax1227 in favor of a Participatory Democracy where the Users make decisions for the benefit of the whole, instead of a Tyrant who makes decisions for the benefit of himself.

Sign here:

Debate.org Forum:
Arts Forum:
Economics Forum:
Education Forum:
Entertainment Forum:
Funny Forum:
Games Forum:
Health Forum:
History Forum:
Miscellaneous Forum:
News Forum:
Personal Forum:
Philosophy Forum:
Politics Forum:
Science Forum:
Society Forum:
Sports Forum:
Technology Forum:
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:29:17 AM
I understand how you feel, but let's not be so quick to break ties with Airmax. He has strong military forces and can protect us from Edeb8
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:34:19 AM
At 2/2/2016 5:29:17 AM, Wylted wrote:
I understand how you feel, but let's not be so quick to break ties with Airmax. He has strong military forces and can protect us from Edeb8

Edeb8 is a threat? It's so bone dry it has cacti growing on it.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:35:51 AM
At 2/2/2016 5:34:19 AM, SamStevens wrote:

All we have is militias, they have a well trained military even if small. Breaking ties with Airmax will cause a twp front war, where we are equipped with a bunch of weaklings
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:44:20 AM
At 2/2/2016 5:35:51 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/2/2016 5:34:19 AM, SamStevens wrote:

All we have is militias, they have a well trained military even if small. Breaking ties with Airmax will cause a twp front war, where we are equipped with a bunch of weaklings

You're right. An allegiance with the Ambystoma mexicanum is imperative. Only fools would disagree.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:51:24 PM
We the people of the DDO, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure social tranquility, provide for the common defense against trolls, promote good debates, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this petition to ban the Tyrant.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:01:54 PM
At 2/2/2016 4:51:24 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
provide for the common defense against trolls

the f*ck you have against trolls?????
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:51:38 PM
At 2/2/2016 5:01:54 PM, imabench wrote:
At 2/2/2016 4:51:24 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
provide for the common defense against trolls

the f*ck you have against trolls?????

Trolls like these, and their spam allies, constitute an axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace of this website. By seeking weapons of mass trolling, these filth pose a grave and growing danger. They could provide these arms to the toxic members, giving them the means to match their hatred. They could attack our most valued members or attempt to run users off the site. In any of these cases, the price of indifference would be catastrophic.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 6:52:26 PM
Long live Airmax, and may God save the moderator!
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 6:58:09 PM
Democracy has disappeared in all aspects of this great website-not because the people of DDO disliked democracy, but because the Tyrant had grown tired of inaction and insecurity, of seeing his users restless while he sat helpless in the face of government confusion and government weakness through lack of leadership in government. Finally, in desperation, he chose to sacrifice liberty in the hope of restoring this website. We of DDO know that our own previous democratic institutions can be preserved and made to work. But in order to preserve them we need to act together, to meet the problems of DDO boldly, and to prove that the practical operation of democratic government is equal to the task of protecting the security of the people.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 10:40:41 PM
Free Thoughts On the Proceedings of the PetersSmith Polls Section

Permit me to address you upon a subject, which, next to your eternal welfare in a future world, demands your most serious and dispassionate consideration. The DDO Forums are unhappily involved in a scene of confusion and discord. The bands of civil society are broken; the authority of moderation weakened, and in some instances taken away: Individuals are deprived of their voting rights; their profile is frequently invaded by violence, and not a single Moderator has had courage or virtue enough to interpose. From this distressed situation it was hoped, that the wisdom and prudence of the Polls Section lately assembled at debate.org/polls, would have delivered us. The eyes of all men were turned to them. We ardently expected that some prudent scheme of accommodating our unhappy disputes with the Mother-Mod, would have been adopted and pursued. But alas! they are broken up without ever attempting it: they have taken no one step that tended to peace: they have gone on from bad to worse, and have either ignorantly misunderstood, carelessly neglected, or basely betrayed the interests of all the Forums.

I shall in this, and some future publication, support this charge against PetersSmith, by incontestible facts: But my first business shall be to point out to you some of the consequences that will probably follow from the Non-importation, Non-exportation, and Non-consumption Agreements in regards to edeb8, which they have adopted, and which they have ordered to be enforced in the most arbitrary manner, and under the severest penalties. On this subject, I choose to address myself principally to You the Axolotls of the Forum of DDO, because I am most nearly connected with you, being one of your number, and having no interest in the country but in common with you; and also, because the interest of the axolotls in general will be more sensibly affected, and more deeply injured by these agreements, than the interest of any other body of people on the continent. Another reason why I choose to address myself to you is, because the Axolotls are of the greatest benefit to the website, of any people in it: They furnish discussion for the debater, and poster; the raw materials for most poll-voters, the staple arguments of the website, are the produce of their industry: be then convinced of your own importance, and think and act accordingly.

Rouse, my friends, rouse from your stupid lethargy. Mark the men who shall dare to impede the Mod of justice. Brand them as the infamous betrayers of the rights of their website. The grand security of the vote, the post, the accounts of Airmaxmen, consists in the due administration of justice. While the debates are duly attended to, and fairly conducted, our voting is safe. As soon as they are shut, every thing is precarious: for neither the vote, nor the post, have any foundation to stand upon.

Tell me not of Presidents, VPs, Poll Moderators, Riots, Mobs, Insurrections, Associations,--a plague on them all.--Give me the steady, uniform, unbiassed influence of Airmax1227. I have been happy his their protection, and I trust in God, I shall be so again.

Much stress has been laid, it seems, upon the unanimity of the Poll-voters, and it has been urged, that all the inhabitants of the website should think themselves in honour obliged to abide passively by their decisions, be they what they may, as they were their Representatives.--But I would just observe, that not one person in an hundred (to speak much within bounds) throughout this forum at least, gave his vote for their election: and as to the unanimity which was supposed to prevail amongst them, it is now pretty generally understood, and it is an undoubted fact, that not only most or all of the Poll members, but many others, of the most respectable characters amongst them, warmly opposed their conduct in a MULTITUDE of instances; though they had unhappily agreed, before their entrance upon business, that neither protest nor dissent should appear upon their minutes. The arts and stratagems used on this and some other occasions, during the session of PetersSmith, together with the caballing out of doors, and the UNFAIR DEALINGS within, will fill up more pages, than are comprehended in the present Letter to my Fellow-Axolotls.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 11:03:52 PM
I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend DDO, to ride out the storm of trolls, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone. At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of the People of DDO-every man and woman of them. That is the will of Democracy and the website. From the Debates to the Polls, linked together in their cause and in their need, we will defend to the death our native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of our strength. Even though large tracts of this website and many new and famous Forum posts have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Tyrant and all the odious apparatus of Mod rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in the Forums, we shall fight in the Debates, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the polls and opinions, we shall defend our website, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the Personal forum, we shall fight on the Debate.org forum, we shall fight in the Politics and Philosophy forums, we shall fight in the Society forum; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this website or a large part of it were subjugated and bored, then our community beyond the seas, armed and guarded by our most veteran members, would carry on the struggle, until, in Doge"s good time, the New DDO, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 12:01:16 AM
I'll sign it on behalf of whatever forum you want me to sign for. And we could become allies with Edeb8 , Lars is actually a pretty cool guy and a fair moderator. Plus, the name Airmax is anti-American, and he broke his own rules by multi-accounting under the name bladerunner
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 12:15:28 AM
At 2/4/2016 12:01:16 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
I'll sign it on behalf of whatever forum you want me to sign for. And we could become allies with Edeb8 , Lars is actually a pretty cool guy and a fair moderator. Plus, the name Airmax is anti-American, and he broke his own rules by multi-accounting under the name bladerunner

The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 12:24:56 AM
I'll sign on behalf the history forum (or at least, the part of the forum not controlled by Republican rebels)

HEIL DAS REICH!
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 12:39:41 AM
At 2/4/2016 12:24:56 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I'll sign on behalf the history forum (or at least, the part of the forum not controlled by Republican rebels)

HEIL DAS REICH!

The reich will never win! ):<
Reformist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 12:56:32 AM
"lack of transparency"

When I heard those words

My respect for airmax just went up 10 fold

I want to be this guys vice president!
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 1:17:49 AM
At 2/4/2016 12:56:32 AM, Reformist wrote:
"lack of transparency"

When I heard those words

My respect for airmax just went up 10 fold

I want to be this guys vice president!

The Tyrant is no "President", he acts as the absolute sovereign. The ONE who rules. Whenever the users are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government;... whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 12:11:56 PM
At 2/4/2016 12:15:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/4/2016 12:01:16 AM, ButterCatX wrote:

The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy.

The Lebron of my Lebron is still Lebron
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 4:30:20 AM
Can we forge against these enemies a grand and global alliance, DDO and Edeb8, Trolls and Tyrants, that can assure a more fruitful life for all of DDO? Will you join in that historic effort?

In the long history of this website, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility " I welcome it. I do not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other people or any other generation. The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it " and the glow from that fire can truly light the world.

And so, my fellow DDOians: ask not what your community can do for you " ask what you can do for your community.

My fellow users of the DDO: ask not what the Tyrant will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of all of us against the Tyrant.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 4:33:51 AM
When I consider the magnitude of the subject which I am to bring before all of us-a subject, in which the interests, not of these Forums, nor of the website alone, but of the whole debating world, and of posterity, are involved: and when I think, at the same time, on the weakness of the advocate who has undertaken this great cause-when these reflections press upon my mind, it is impossible for me not to feel both terrified and concerned at my own inadequacy to such a task. But when I reflect, however, on the encouragement which I have had, through the whole course of a long and laborious examination of this question, and how much candour I have experienced, and how conviction has increased within my own mind, in proportion as I have advanced in my labours;-when I reflect, especially, that however averse any user may now be, yet we shall all be of one opinion in the end;-when I turn myself to these thoughts, I take courage-I determine to forget all my other fears, and I march forward with a firmer step in the full assurance that my cause will bear me out, and that I shall be able to justify upon the clearest principles, every resolution in my hand, the avowed end of which is, the total abolition of Tyranny on DDO.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 5:35:02 AM
At 2/5/2016 4:55:55 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:
This is a bit ironic coming from the spam forum moderator.

I also moderate the polls, thank you very much.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 5:38:41 AM
At 2/5/2016 5:35:02 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/5/2016 4:55:55 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:
This is a bit ironic coming from the spam forum moderator.

I also moderate the polls, thank you very much.

http://i.imgur.com...
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 1:21:33 AM

We should adopt CreateDebate's healthcare system.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 2:58:52 AM
8 years ago, a great DDOian, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, created this website. This momentous moment came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of debaters who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their activity.

But 7 hundred years later, the debater still is not free. 7 years later, the life of the debater is still sadly crippled by the manacles of Tyrants and the chains of discrimination. 7 years later, the debater lives on a lonely island of vote-less debates in the midst of a vast ocean of materially insignificant content. 7 years later, the debater is still languished in the corners of debating society and finds himself an exile in his own land. And so we've come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.
In a sense we've come to our sites's capital to cash a check. When the architect of our website wrote the magnificent code of DDO, he was signing a promissory note to which every DDOian was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all users, yes, trolls as well as legitimate users, would be guaranteed the "unalienable Rights" of "Voting, Debating and the pursuit of Entertainment." It is obvious today that DDO has defaulted on this promissory note, insofar as her users are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, DDO has given its users a bad check, a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds."

But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this site. And so, we've come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of voting.

We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind DDO of the fierce urgency of Now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of Tyranny to the sunlit path of voting justice. Now is the time to lift our website from the quicksands of moderation injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of DDO's children.

It would be fatal for the website to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering winter of the users' legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating Spring of freedom and equality. 2016 is not an end, but a beginning. And those who hope that the user needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the site returns to business as usual. And there will be neither rest nor tranquility on DDO until the user is granted his voting rights and is free from Tyranny. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our website until the bright day of justice emerges.

But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence if necessary. Again and again, we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force and physical force.

The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the debating community must lead us to a distrust of all moderators, for many of our fellow members, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that our destiny is against their destiny. And they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably threatened by our freedom.

We cannot walk alone.
And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead.
We cannot turn back.

There are those who are asking the devotees of debating rights, "When will you be satisfied?" We can never be satisfied as long as the user is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of moderation brutality. We can never be satisfied as long as our bodies, heavy with the fatigue of debating, cannot gain lodging in the forums, debates, and the polls. We cannot be satisfied as long as the users' basic mobility is from smaller tyranny to a larger one. We can never be satisfied as long as our newest members are stripped of their self-hood and robbed of their dignity by signs stating: "3,000 ELO only." We cannot be satisfied as long as a user in the polls cannot vote and a user in the forums believes he has nothing for which to vote. No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until "justice rolls down like waters, and righteousness like a mighty stream."

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from narrow bannings. And some of you have come from areas where your quest -- quest for freedom left you battered by the storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of moderation brutality. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive. Go back to debating, go back to voting, go back to the forums, go back to the polls, go back to protesting, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 2:59:55 AM
Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.
And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the DDO dream.

I have a dream that one day this website will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all users are created equal."
I have a dream that one day on the blue hills of the leaderboards, the prot"g"es of former debaters and those newest users will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the Religion forum, a forum sweltering with the heat of ignorance, sweltering with the heat of stupidity, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and healthy debating.

I have a dream that all will one day participate in a website where they will not be judged by their debating skill but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day the vicious moderators, with their Tyrant having his lips dripping with the words of "fair enough" and "okie dokie" -- one day right there in the forums the users will be able to join hands and observe the "airmax1227's account has been closed."

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every forum shall be exalted, and every poll and debate shall be made high, the rough places will be made great, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Doge shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to DDO with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our website into a beautiful symphony of debating. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to debate together, to struggle together, to go to vote together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of Doge's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

DDO 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing.
Land where my foolishness died, land of the debater's pride,
From every section, let freedom ring!

And if DDO is to be a great website, this must become true.
And so let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of the Debate.org forum.
Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of the Economics forum.
Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of the Society forum.
Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Rockies of the History forum.
Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of the Personal forum.

But not only that:
Let freedom ring from Stone Mountains of the Politics and Philosophy forums.
Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountains of the Arts forum.
Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of the Miscellaneous forum.
From every forum, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every forum and every debate, from every poll and every account, we will be able to speed up that day when all of DDO's children, debaters and voters, poll makers and poll voters, forum posters and forum makers, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old DDO spiritual:
Free at last! Free at last!
Thank Doge Almighty, we are free at last!

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 8:57:32 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
This is now relevant again.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

FortisAnimi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 9:16:07 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:57:32 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
This is now relevant again.

The fellow scribes of Freeman Morgan will convene to fight this tyrannical display.