Jump to topic:

I want the old mirza back

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 2:06:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Mirza has changed, the first instance I saw of such change was when he changed his profile pic for prop 19 avvie week.
I, like many others, thought the change was good, however, he has become much more rude. Not just to me, but everyone I believe. I know I'm not the only one to notice the change, but who eles misses the old mirza?
What happened to him? Did askbob really hack his account?

Yeah if someone hacked his account, give it back, the old mirza had different opinions, but was at least nice. And really, why have a debate site if everyone agrees?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 2:10:57 PM
Apparently he was flimflamming...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 2:15:04 PM
At 10/31/2010 2:10:57 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

flimflamming? I'm not familiar with that term...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 2:16:46 PM
At 10/31/2010 2:15:04 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Sodding about?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 2:17:05 PM
At 10/31/2010 2:06:52 PM, lovelife wrote:
Do you even know who Askbob is?

---
I've noticed nothing. The only change I've seen is that Mirza has just become private but that was before you, approximately 6 months ago. I told him that If I wanted to I could find Mirza's school and then house on google maps in 20 minutes.

he SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING

No face, no personal information, no location, no free wall comments.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 2:18:32 PM

http://dictionary.reference.com...
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 2:20:43 PM
At 10/31/2010 2:17:05 PM, Zetsubou wrote:

I've noticed nothing. The only change I've seen is that Mirza has just become private but that was before you, approximately 6 months ago. I told him that If I wanted to I could find Mirza's school and then house on google maps in 20 minutes.

he SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING

No, Mirza does definitely seem different. Like just today he basically told Badger to go kill himself. That's not like him.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 2:21:39 PM

Well, Koopin said it first and...

Koopin is a black guy with an army knife. ->
'sup DDO -- july 2013
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 2:21:53 PM

No, but I also wasn't the one that started the idea of it being askbob.

---

Its not that, its how he talks to people.

he SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING

I noticed that but was never sure of the cause. Now I know.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 2:23:33 PM
At 10/31/2010 2:21:53 PM, lovelife wrote:

No, but I also wasn't the one that started the idea of it being askbob.

Yea, that was me. >.< I half-jokingly said that askbob hacked his account.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 2:28:26 PM

---

he SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING

You feel good about that?
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 2:32:06 PM
At 10/31/2010 2:28:26 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

---

he SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING

You feel good about that?
Not really, but it was a warning for him not to show us his area to that degree. He just took it too seriously and SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING...
'sup DDO -- july 2013
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 2:36:05 PM
At 10/31/2010 2:16:46 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Sodding about?

God I love British slang...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 2:38:18 PM
At 10/31/2010 2:21:20 PM, innomen wrote:
Mirza is the same as always. Talk to him outside of a religion discussion and you will see.

No. He's not. I was talking about abortion with him in a thread, religion was not mentioned once. He then snapped at me because I told him I didn't have time to do a bunch of research but would read into it if he provided sources, he said I was a liar, and insulted me in a couple of other ways.
Then there was the deal with badger. then there was the deal with him supporting pot legalization.

He's not the same.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 2:42:30 PM
At 10/31/2010 2:38:18 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 10/31/2010 2:21:20 PM, innomen wrote:
Mirza is the same as always. Talk to him outside of a religion discussion and you will see.

No. He's not. I was talking about abortion with him in a thread, religion was not mentioned once. He then snapped at me because I told him I didn't have time to do a bunch of research but would read into it if he provided sources, he said I was a liar, and insulted me in a couple of other ways.
Then there was the deal with badger. then there was the deal with him supporting pot legalization.

He's not the same.

Yeah, i know about the thing with badger, and that was more of a communication error which happens with him from time to time. Trust me he's the same. He's a good guy.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 3:19:45 PM

He's not the same.:

Many religious people have to put up fronts of long-suffering behavior to gain credibility. Sooner or later, though, the true feelings come out once people grow comfortable with the crowd they're in. Why would he be any different?

I suspect he's mean because we're immune to his apologetics, and he's grown frustrated. It's only a matter of time before his true colors were going to show.

He might be a stand-up guy, if only he'd stop proselytizing for two minutes and stop getting so upset that no one is interested in his religion.

I think he is, in some ways, changing. I think the more he hyperfocuses on Islam, the more we dismiss his beliefs, the more of a self-fulfilling prophecy occurs. He's quickly shifting from a more moderate Islamic position to a more hardlined approach.

Those people are often solicited by people affiliated with terror organizations. I hope, for his own sake, that he throttles back a little and stop alienating everyone who doesn't think exactly like he does.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 3:26:05 PM
At 10/31/2010 3:19:45 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

He's not the same.:

Many religious people have to put up fronts of long-suffering behavior to gain credibility. Sooner or later, though, the true feelings come out once people grow comfortable with the crowd they're in. Why would he be any different?

But I don't get whats happening?

I suspect he's mean because we're immune to his apologetics, and he's grown frustrated. It's only a matter of time before his true colors were going to show.

I don't think he's mean, just different. What are his true colors do you think?

He might be a stand-up guy, if only he'd stop proselytizing for two minutes and stop getting so upset that no one is interested in his religion.

Idk what your getting at.

I think he is, in some ways, changing. I think the more he hyperfocuses on Islam, the more we dismiss his beliefs, the more of a self-fulfilling prophecy occurs. He's quickly shifting from a more moderate Islamic position to a more hardlined approach.

So your saying he's becoming extremist in his religion? I find that hard to believe. The main reason he was against pot was because of the koran or something to do with his religion.

Those people are often solicited by people affiliated with terror organizations. I hope, for his own sake, that he throttles back a little and stop alienating everyone who doesn't think exactly like he does.

Yeah I really don't think thats the case. Extremists=bad, mirza=/=bad (new or old) I just think he's different, and I prefer the old mirza.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 5:08:19 AM
What are his true colors do you think?:

He's either growing more bigoted by the day, and stewing in a sort of seething anger (holy indignation - in his mind) that typifies many young, Muslim men. His quest for holiness ultimately forces him to look at us in disgust as ignoble heathens. OR he's been hiding this to keep up appearances.

So your saying he's becoming extremist in his religion? I find that hard to believe.:

I'm saying he may be on a dangerous road that ultimately leads many young Muslim men to take this path. Nobody goes from 0-60 mph without first going through every subsequent speed first.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 5:14:26 AM
People, I'm pretty sure it's me. He saw my style of debate (which included some discrete sense of humor and, sometimes, insults) and he connected with me because I'm Muslim. He might just be trying to do the same thing because he saw that his style wasn't working, and wanted to do something new. But believe me, when it comes to serious debate he hasn't changed. He only does this new stuff on forums, and frankly, I think the TRUE initial instigator was people like Lwerd, who sometimes literally "laugh off" arguments with an "LOL". I would get annoyed to..

Now I'm going for breakfast.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 8:33:31 AM
At 11/1/2010 5:14:26 AM, m93samman wrote:
People, I'm pretty sure it's me. He saw my style of debate (which included some discrete sense of humor and, sometimes, insults) and he connected with me because I'm Muslim. He might just be trying to do the same thing because he saw that his style wasn't working, and wanted to do something new. But believe me, when it comes to serious debate he hasn't changed. He only does this new stuff on forums, and frankly, I think the TRUE initial instigator was people like Lwerd, who sometimes literally "laugh off" arguments with an "LOL". I would get annoyed to..

I honestly find that easier to believe than "He's on a suicide bomb path" or whatever. And lol, I don't think there are *many* young muslim men on that path. I think gays, pedophiles, druggies, even atheists and/or christians are just as or more likely to go down that path then a muslim. It depends on where they are and how accepted they are with soceity. The less acceptance the more liekly violence will occur.

Was it yummy breakfast?
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 9:02:24 AM
At 11/1/2010 8:33:31 AM, lovelife wrote:

I honestly find that easier to believe than "He's on a suicide bomb path" or whatever. And lol, I don't think there are *many* young muslim men on that path. I think gays, pedophiles, druggies, even atheists and/or christians are just as or more likely to go down that path then a muslim. It depends on where they are and how accepted they are with soceity. The less acceptance the more liekly violence will occur.

Was it yummy breakfast?

THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 9:21:43 AM
At 11/1/2010 9:02:24 AM, innomen wrote:

Was it yummy breakfast?

THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN THAN.

NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI

Anyway a period?! That wasn't even a complete sentance!
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 9:24:34 AM
At 11/1/2010 9:21:43 AM, lovelife wrote:

Was it yummy breakfast?

NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI

It wasn't a sentence, but rather a point being made.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 9:32:12 AM
At 11/1/2010 9:24:34 AM, innomen wrote:

Was it yummy breakfast?

I'm going too keep making grammatical errors every post, cause this is just too much fun.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 9:35:19 AM
At 11/1/2010 9:32:12 AM, lovelife wrote:

Was it yummy breakfast?

I'm going too keep making grammatical errors every post, cause this is just too much fun.

Yes my breakfast was yummy. And I don't get all of this ^^

Anyways, yea Mirza is still as respectful as it gets, it's just his discussion style has slightly changed, not for better or worse, just changed. No need to criticize him; what goes around comes around, and he's reciprocating what's been dealt to him. It makes sense.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 9:39:38 AM
I have noticed anything, but then, I just came back a few days ago from about 5 months off.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 9:41:43 AM
At 11/1/2010 9:35:19 AM, m93samman wrote:
At 11/1/2010 9:32:12 AM, lovelife wrote:

Was it yummy breakfast?

Yes my breakfast was yummy.

Yay. What did you eat? Do I get some?

And I don't get all of this ^^

Lol homophones generally get me, and I don't spend much time looking back through what I right and it really bugs Innomen. (sorry I know I need a hobby, but still. At least if I emphasize when I know I'm doing it wrong it can help me learn not to do it later, right?)

Anyways, yea Mirza is still as respectful as it gets, it's just his discussion style has slightly changed, not for better or worse, just changed. No need to criticize him; what goes around comes around, and he's reciprocating what's been dealt to him. It makes sense.

Yeah I suppose. I just never expected him to change. It would be like if L suddenly made small 1-2 sentence length posts. Or Badger made all his points and self arguing in one post, or INH suddenly became a buddhist christian (well the last one isn't unlikely), its not bad, just different, and makes you wonder. I don't really like change so I freak out if anything is ever different.