Jump to topic:

Why does the poll section not work?

StarCraft
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 6:29:45 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I pressed the Create Poll button after filling in all the fields and it says "unable to save your poll." I did this like ten times in a row and nothing happened.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 6:36:01 PM
At 2/6/2016 6:29:45 PM, StarCraft wrote:
I pressed the Create Poll button after filling in all the fields and it says "unable to save your poll." I did this like ten times in a row and nothing happened.

The polls section, to put it lightly, is broken. If you're lucky, when you submit a poll it will say that it's not submitted, but will submit anyways (resulting in duplicates), if you're unlucky like many others, you are unable to post polls at all. The poll also won't submit no matter what if you have uploaded an image. I wish I could say this "issue" will be fixed, but it doesn't seem that way after 7 months.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 7:29:54 PM
At 2/6/2016 6:29:45 PM, StarCraft wrote:

basically what petersmith said. its broken. some things you can try.

1) turn off adblockers (more effective in opinions)
2) don't even try to upload images. will not work, and not post
3) when you submit, and it errors, open new tab and check poll section. it may very we'l have posted, don't keep clicking post - you will just duplicate the poll.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 8:35:27 PM
I've noticed submitting polls with a lot of options and pictures usually has a lower rate of success. Try submitting a poll with only 2-3 options, then add more once it's submitted.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 8:51:24 PM
At 2/6/2016 8:35:27 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
I've noticed submitting polls with a lot of options and pictures usually has a lower rate of success. Try submitting a poll with only 2-3 options, then add more once it's submitted.

yea, and numbers are a no no. like
10%
20%
30%

these will not work as ansswers
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 8:53:54 PM
At 2/6/2016 8:35:27 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

it really is just a mess at this point. that polls are made at all is testimony to the usefulness. if it were working properly it would be better than the forums, and I bet it gets more hits than forums even ad broken as it is
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 6:49:27 AM
At 2/7/2016 1:27:06 AM, StarCraft wrote:
So whats the point of having a polls section if it doesn't work?

It used to work, but Juggle, the owner's of this website, don't want to do anything about it. So even if they want to give up entirely on the polls section they won't remove it because they don't want to spend any effort on this site.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...