Jump to topic:

Sports Forum Revival

BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 11:12:56 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Forums like the History and Arts forum were once upon a time one of the least active and most dead forums on the site. After a few members began gathering others around to revive it, the forums started skyrocketing with activity.

Now that both of those forums are being taken care of, I want to steer my focus towards the Sports Forum.

This forum is do low in activity that there are often times when it goes days without getting a post from a member. It rivals the Health forum as one of the most inactive forums in the site.

So i have been thinking, would any of you like to join me and help revive this forum by beginning to create topics and reply to posts? In the near future, I plan to create a sign-up thread and share conversations with people in a group PM.

What do you people think?
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 11:19:37 PM
At 2/6/2016 11:17:48 PM, Torton wrote:
The Superbowl is tomorrow, right? I can't imagine that not getting activity.

True. But it will only get a boost probably. I don't think it will revive it, which is why I would like to take action. Why don't we post Superbowl predictions?
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 11:21:19 PM
At 2/6/2016 11:19:37 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/6/2016 11:17:48 PM, Torton wrote:
The Superbowl is tomorrow, right? I can't imagine that not getting activity.

True. But it will only get a boost probably. I don't think it will revive it, which is why I would like to take action. Why don't we post Superbowl predictions?

It's not a bad idea, blazero. Why don't you go make a thread and then post the link here so people will see it? :3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 11:45:14 PM
At 2/6/2016 11:12:56 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
Forums like the History and Arts forum were once upon a time one of the least active and most dead forums on the site. After a few members began gathering others around to revive it, the forums started skyrocketing with activity.

Now that both of those forums are being taken care of, I want to steer my focus towards the Sports Forum.

This forum is do low in activity that there are often times when it goes days without getting a post from a member. It rivals the Health forum as one of the most inactive forums in the site.

So i have been thinking, would any of you like to join me and help revive this forum by beginning to create topics and reply to posts? In the near future, I plan to create a sign-up thread and share conversations with people in a group PM.

Technology is the least active statistically speaking if you look at Juggle's revenue from each forum.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 12:20:08 AM
At 2/6/2016 11:45:14 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Technology is the least active statistically speaking if you look at Juggle's revenue from each forum.

That's true. Dang, lots of forums need reviving.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 12:36:32 AM
At 2/7/2016 12:20:08 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:

That's true. Dang, lots of forums need reviving.

Yeah, and let's not forgot the health forum, society forum ......
John Galsworthy
U.n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:31:26 AM

As a former member of the now defunct SI FanNation (technically they have something now under the same name but it's completely different, but I digress...)

I'd love to see a Sports Forum/Sports Debate revival on this site.

Word of caution - terrible timing. I know it looks like great timing because of the SuperBowl but FN always had a significant drop in activity during the NFL's offseason. Basically, if it still existed, after Sunday FN would turn into a ghost town.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 6:18:59 AM

Maybe I should start reviving the technology forum, i'm actually more interested in technology than in politics, history, or any other topic commonly discussed on this site.
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 6:26:41 AM
At 2/7/2016 6:18:59 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

Maybe I should start reviving the technology forum, i'm actually more interested in technology than in politics, history, or any other topic commonly discussed on this site.

I like technology too and you certainly should!
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 6:30:02 AM
At 2/7/2016 6:26:41 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:

I'm not sure if many other people on the site care though... Except for maybe reece, who never really goes on the forums anyhows.
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 6:30:56 AM
At 2/7/2016 6:30:02 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 2/7/2016 6:26:41 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:

I'm not sure if many other people on the site care though... Except for maybe reece, who never really goes on the forums anyhows.

TBR obviously cares...
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 6:37:59 AM

I made a debate of banning violent sports.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 9:08:11 AM

It is a pretty interesting forum to be honest but because most people on this site are more into politics or religion the technology one ignored.
John Galsworthy
U.n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 1:14:40 PM
IMO it all starts with the voting. There are multiple sports forums around the Internet. I have been part of several.

The sports people who come here are coming here for the debates. But many of the textbook sports debates are widely ignored by the voters. If people aren't receiving votes on their debates, what's the point of debating?

And if there's better sports forums elsewhere, they're not going to stick around here to discuss sports.