Jump to topic:

January Beginner's Tournament FINALS!

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 9:58:28 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Thank you everyone who partook in this tournament, it went very smoothly! You all did a awesome job. Also, thank you to all the mentors! Also, I would like to thank Fire_wings for co-hosting this tournament with me, he has been very helpful, and was eager to learn. :)

Final:

Picsbad (YYW) vs. Bob13 (YYW)

Please have your debate started by 2-11-16. If you fail to start your debate, I will appoint you a topic, along with your positions. Good luck!
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 10:24:03 PM
Good luck guys.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 10:33:02 PM
You might want to give one of them an alternate mentor.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 10:49:01 PM
At 2/8/2016 10:33:02 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
You might want to give one of them an alternate mentor.

This has happened before, but I guess I could do that..
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 10:53:57 PM
At 2/8/2016 9:58:28 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Thank you everyone who partook in this tournament, it went very smoothly! You all did a awesome job. Also, thank you to all the mentors! Also, I would like to thank Fire_wings for co-hosting this tournament with me, he has been very helpful, and was eager to learn. :)

Final:

Please have your debate started by 2-11-16. If you fail to start your debate, I will appoint you a topic, along with your positions. Good luck!

So YYW is teaching members how to beat themselves? Interesting.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 10:55:27 PM
At 2/8/2016 10:53:57 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:

Final:

Uhm, no? That was just how it worked out. Anyways, I asked another member to mentor instead.

BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 10:55:59 PM
At 2/8/2016 10:55:27 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/8/2016 10:53:57 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:

Final:

Uhm, no? That was just how it worked out. Anyways, I asked another member to mentor instead.

I was joking.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 7:42:31 PM
At 2/8/2016 10:56:27 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
I meant to say *himself

That's actually a great exercise for the mind. I love debating myself, playing devil's advocate, etc., those are the challenges that make debate fun because you are pushing yourself to go further and further as you dissect each argument and rebuttal that comes to mind.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 11:38:13 PM
At 2/9/2016 7:42:31 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/8/2016 10:56:27 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
I meant to say *himself

That's actually a great exercise for the mind. I love debating myself, playing devil's advocate, etc., those are the challenges that make debate fun because you are pushing yourself to go further and further as you dissect each argument and rebuttal that comes to mind.

Indeed.