Total Posts:40|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

HTTP 500 Error (again)

TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 5:14:56 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 5:13:52 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Is anybody given this error when they attempt to access people's profiles / debates?

Yea, I was having issues this AM. Seems a bit better right now.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 5:15:43 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 5:14:56 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:13:52 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Is anybody given this error when they attempt to access people's profiles / debates?

Yea, I was having issues this AM. Seems a bit better right now.

I've got a debate argument due in 5 hours and it's the rebuttals round so I really need to access this debate.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 5:17:01 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 5:15:43 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:14:56 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:13:52 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Is anybody given this error when they attempt to access people's profiles / debates?

Yea, I was having issues this AM. Seems a bit better right now.

I've got a debate argument due in 5 hours and it's the rebuttals round so I really need to access this debate.

Just for kicks, can you try another computer, or different browser?
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 5:17:57 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 5:17:01 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:15:43 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:14:56 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:13:52 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Is anybody given this error when they attempt to access people's profiles / debates?

Yea, I was having issues this AM. Seems a bit better right now.

I've got a debate argument due in 5 hours and it's the rebuttals round so I really need to access this debate.

Just for kicks, can you try another computer, or different browser?

Yeah, I'm probably gonna try that though if this is like the last time this happened that probably won't work.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 5:20:37 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 5:17:57 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:17:01 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:15:43 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:14:56 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:13:52 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Is anybody given this error when they attempt to access people's profiles / debates?

Yea, I was having issues this AM. Seems a bit better right now.

I've got a debate argument due in 5 hours and it's the rebuttals round so I really need to access this debate.

Just for kicks, can you try another computer, or different browser?

Yeah, I'm probably gonna try that though if this is like the last time this happened that probably won't work.

There seems to be a couple different instances of this problem. One seems very connected with a cookie or stuck session or something. That one seems to resolve with changing browser or PC.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 5:22:38 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 5:20:37 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:17:57 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:17:01 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:15:43 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:14:56 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:13:52 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Is anybody given this error when they attempt to access people's profiles / debates?

Yea, I was having issues this AM. Seems a bit better right now.

I've got a debate argument due in 5 hours and it's the rebuttals round so I really need to access this debate.

Just for kicks, can you try another computer, or different browser?

Yeah, I'm probably gonna try that though if this is like the last time this happened that probably won't work.

There seems to be a couple different instances of this problem. One seems very connected with a cookie or stuck session or something. That one seems to resolve with changing browser or PC.

I'm just turning on my computer now. I'm hoping that it will be fixed with the change of my internet browser or computer because last time this happened it was on a much larger scale in terms of people affected and it wasn't fixed by the change or browser/PC.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 5:24:21 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 5:22:38 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:20:37 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:17:57 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:17:01 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:15:43 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:14:56 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:13:52 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Is anybody given this error when they attempt to access people's profiles / debates?

Yea, I was having issues this AM. Seems a bit better right now.

I've got a debate argument due in 5 hours and it's the rebuttals round so I really need to access this debate.

Just for kicks, can you try another computer, or different browser?

Yeah, I'm probably gonna try that though if this is like the last time this happened that probably won't work.

There seems to be a couple different instances of this problem. One seems very connected with a cookie or stuck session or something. That one seems to resolve with changing browser or PC.

I'm just turning on my computer now. I'm hoping that it will be fixed with the change of my internet browser or computer because last time this happened it was on a much larger scale in terms of people affected and it wasn't fixed by the change or browser/PC.

Well, clicked on your profile and got the error. Looks wide spread right now./
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 5:25:45 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 5:24:21 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:22:38 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:20:37 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:17:57 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:17:01 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:15:43 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:14:56 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:13:52 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Is anybody given this error when they attempt to access people's profiles / debates?

Yea, I was having issues this AM. Seems a bit better right now.

I've got a debate argument due in 5 hours and it's the rebuttals round so I really need to access this debate.

Just for kicks, can you try another computer, or different browser?

Yeah, I'm probably gonna try that though if this is like the last time this happened that probably won't work.

There seems to be a couple different instances of this problem. One seems very connected with a cookie or stuck session or something. That one seems to resolve with changing browser or PC.

I'm just turning on my computer now. I'm hoping that it will be fixed with the change of my internet browser or computer because last time this happened it was on a much larger scale in terms of people affected and it wasn't fixed by the change or browser/PC.

Well, clicked on your profile and got the error. Looks wide spread right now./

Yep, the change of PC did nothing. I've still got the error.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 5:31:22 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 5:13:52 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Is anybody given this error when they attempt to access people's profiles / debates?

It's a good thing the debate I want to access is only in the challenge period.
Grandzam
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 5:36:03 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 5:31:22 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:13:52 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Is anybody given this error when they attempt to access people's profiles / debates?

It's a good thing the debate I want to access is only in the challenge period.

Your lucky. If this keeps up, I'm going to forfeit a round of my outlaw tournament debate.
minddrag
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 5:54:05 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I have to begin my beginners tournament debate! I cant access anything!
Learn to see what you are looking at. -Glaedr
Use the source JD -Reformist
"I am the victor. In the end nothing else matters." -Galbatorix
"Change is neither good nor bad, but knowledge is always useful."
Applied properly, it [logic] can overcome any lack of wisdom, which one only gains through age and experience. -Ormis
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 6:10:32 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 5:28:09 PM, Grandzam wrote:
I have this error too :(. I don't want to forfeit the next round of my tournament debate.

How long do you have left to post?
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 6:11:15 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 5:31:22 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:13:52 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Is anybody given this error when they attempt to access people's profiles / debates?

It's a good thing the debate I want to access is only in the challenge period.

Unless somebody finds a way to accept whilst the glitch is still here.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 6:12:06 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 6:11:15 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:31:22 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:13:52 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Is anybody given this error when they attempt to access people's profiles / debates?

It's a good thing the debate I want to access is only in the challenge period.

Unless somebody finds a way to accept whilst the glitch is still here.

A) I closed it
B) How can they access the debate? Lol
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 6:12:25 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 5:54:05 PM, minddrag wrote:
I have to begin my beginners tournament debate! I cant access anything!

How long do you have left to post the round? (approximately)
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 6:12:59 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 6:00:45 PM, Briannj17 wrote:
Bloody heck not again.

Yup. And I thought that this was all in the past ...
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 6:15:08 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 6:12:06 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/11/2016 6:11:15 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:31:22 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:13:52 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Is anybody given this error when they attempt to access people's profiles / debates?

It's a good thing the debate I want to access is only in the challenge period.

Unless somebody finds a way to accept whilst the glitch is still here.

A) I closed it

Then why did you say that it's in the challenge period?

B) How can they access the debate? Lol

The glitch doesn't always affect everyone. There is a small minority that aren't affected sometimes. There are different extents of the glitch. Sometimes it's just a couple of users for a few minutes. Sometimes it's the whole site. Sometimes it's most of the site. etc. This has happened before and some unaffected debaters took advantage of that by accepting a load of a debates in the challenge period because the instigator was unable to respond because of the glitch.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 6:17:19 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 6:15:08 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 6:12:06 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/11/2016 6:11:15 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:31:22 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:13:52 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Is anybody given this error when they attempt to access people's profiles / debates?

It's a good thing the debate I want to access is only in the challenge period.

Unless somebody finds a way to accept whilst the glitch is still here.

A) I closed it

Then why did you say that it's in the challenge period?

B) How can they access the debate? Lol

The glitch doesn't always affect everyone. There is a small minority that aren't affected sometimes. There are different extents of the glitch. Sometimes it's just a couple of users for a few minutes. Sometimes it's the whole site. Sometimes it's most of the site. etc. This has happened before and some unaffected debaters took advantage of that by accepting a load of a debates in the challenge period because the instigator was unable to respond because of the glitch.

Challenge period is technically true because nobody is debating it yet. It is in that category.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 6:23:40 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 6:17:19 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/11/2016 6:15:08 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 6:12:06 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/11/2016 6:11:15 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:31:22 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:13:52 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Is anybody given this error when they attempt to access people's profiles / debates?

It's a good thing the debate I want to access is only in the challenge period.

Unless somebody finds a way to accept whilst the glitch is still here.

A) I closed it

Then why did you say that it's in the challenge period?

B) How can they access the debate? Lol

The glitch doesn't always affect everyone. There is a small minority that aren't affected sometimes. There are different extents of the glitch. Sometimes it's just a couple of users for a few minutes. Sometimes it's the whole site. Sometimes it's most of the site. etc. This has happened before and some unaffected debaters took advantage of that by accepting a load of a debates in the challenge period because the instigator was unable to respond because of the glitch.

Challenge period is technically true because nobody is debating it yet. It is in that category.

The challenge period means the period in which people can accept the challenge. So, no, it isn't technically in the challenge period, it's technically in the cancelled debate period.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Grandzam
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 6:25:26 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 6:10:32 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:28:09 PM, Grandzam wrote:
I have this error too :(. I don't want to forfeit the next round of my tournament debate.

How long do you have left to post?

Truthfully, I still have quite a bit of time left, maybe 7-8 hours. I'm still worried though.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 6:26:25 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 6:25:26 PM, Grandzam wrote:
At 2/11/2016 6:10:32 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:28:09 PM, Grandzam wrote:
I have this error too :(. I don't want to forfeit the next round of my tournament debate.

How long do you have left to post?

Truthfully, I still have quite a bit of time left, maybe 7-8 hours. I'm still worried though.

I have less than 4. I'm not meaning to alarm you here but last time this glitch lasted around 24 hours.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Grandzam
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 6:31:32 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 6:26:25 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 6:25:26 PM, Grandzam wrote:
At 2/11/2016 6:10:32 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:28:09 PM, Grandzam wrote:
I have this error too :(. I don't want to forfeit the next round of my tournament debate.

How long do you have left to post?

Truthfully, I still have quite a bit of time left, maybe 7-8 hours. I'm still worried though.

I have less than 4. I'm not meaning to alarm you here but last time this glitch lasted around 24 hours.

Okay. I'm not the type to rage over things I have no control over. I hope It ends soon though.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 6:32:48 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 6:31:32 PM, Grandzam wrote:
At 2/11/2016 6:26:25 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 6:25:26 PM, Grandzam wrote:
At 2/11/2016 6:10:32 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 5:28:09 PM, Grandzam wrote:
I have this error too :(. I don't want to forfeit the next round of my tournament debate.

How long do you have left to post?

Truthfully, I still have quite a bit of time left, maybe 7-8 hours. I'm still worried though.

I have less than 4. I'm not meaning to alarm you here but last time this glitch lasted around 24 hours.

Okay. I'm not the type to rage over things I have no control over. I hope It ends soon though.

Me too. This'll completely screw up my win record.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 6:37:04 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Everybody should keep checking and refreshing their profile pages / debates. As soon as it opens (if it does) you should follow the following steps:

1. If it's a debate copy and paste your opponent's argument into a word document so that if the glitch comes back you can still type out a response to it.

2. In a new tab open the forums and post here that the glitch is gone so that everyone can immediately post their arguments because of the short amount of time that we have left to post.

3. DO NOT CLOSE THE WORKING DEBATE.ORG TAB -- seriously, that might have been a one off thing and if you closed it and it doesn't open up again then you just wasted your only opportunity.

Hopefully if everybody tries to check as often as possible then we'll be informed about when the glitch is gone as soon as possible so that we can submit / begin working on our debates.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 6:37:55 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 6:35:14 PM, Torton wrote:
Saw this, too. Tried to check in on my phone, and it happened. Tried my PC, same thing.

Did you try different browsers?
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 6:43:28 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/11/2016 6:37:55 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/11/2016 6:35:14 PM, Torton wrote:
Saw this, too. Tried to check in on my phone, and it happened. Tried my PC, same thing.

Did you try different browsers?
Just checked Pale Moon, which is the only other browser I have (and care to, really).