Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

What happened here?

themohawkninja
Posts: 816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 1:06:47 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
So, I used to be insanely active here two years ago, but all the crazy religious people that would rebuke your point by either citing the Bible, or their own made up dogma just kinda got to me. Now, due to my insatiable desire to debate people (and because YouTube's format isn't all that great for long-winded discussions) I have returned, only to find that this site is WAAAAAY less active then I remember.

Like, I explicitly remember some really smart philosophy lover that only ever made debates on the ontological argument for God, and the debates in general were almost always extremely well put together and focused on big issues with lots of evidence for and against (i.e. gun control and prostitution).

I mean seriously, did the religious crazies get to everyone too, or did something happen, or what?
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,848
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 1:45:30 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 1:06:47 AM, themohawkninja wrote:
So, I used to be insanely active here two years ago, but all the crazy religious people that would rebuke your point by either citing the Bible, or their own made up dogma just kinda got to me. Now, due to my insatiable desire to debate people (and because YouTube's format isn't all that great for long-winded discussions) I have returned, only to find that this site is WAAAAAY less active then I remember.

Like, I explicitly remember some really smart philosophy lover that only ever made debates on the ontological argument for God, and the debates in general were almost always extremely well put together and focused on big issues with lots of evidence for and against (i.e. gun control and prostitution).

I mean seriously, did the religious crazies get to everyone too, or did something happen, or what?

Around 7 months ago, the site started to break down because the owner of the site, Juggle, apparently no longer maintains it and has now abandoned it entirely. This has caused restlessness and unhappiness in users from all sections of this site, leading to many deactivations.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,848
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 1:45:46 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
This includes bugs and glitches. Lots of bugs and glitches.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 2:28:12 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 1:45:30 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/21/2016 1:06:47 AM, themohawkninja wrote:
So, I used to be insanely active here two years ago, but all the crazy religious people that would rebuke your point by either citing the Bible, or their own made up dogma just kinda got to me. Now, due to my insatiable desire to debate people (and because YouTube's format isn't all that great for long-winded discussions) I have returned, only to find that this site is WAAAAAY less active then I remember.

Like, I explicitly remember some really smart philosophy lover that only ever made debates on the ontological argument for God, and the debates in general were almost always extremely well put together and focused on big issues with lots of evidence for and against (i.e. gun control and prostitution).

I mean seriously, did the religious crazies get to everyone too, or did something happen, or what?

Around 7 months ago, the site started to break down because the owner of the site, Juggle, apparently no longer maintains it and has now abandoned it entirely. This has caused restlessness and unhappiness in users from all sections of this site, leading to many deactivations.

I think Juggle honestly went out of buisness
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,848
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 2:32:16 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 2:28:12 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 2/21/2016 1:45:30 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/21/2016 1:06:47 AM, themohawkninja wrote:
So, I used to be insanely active here two years ago, but all the crazy religious people that would rebuke your point by either citing the Bible, or their own made up dogma just kinda got to me. Now, due to my insatiable desire to debate people (and because YouTube's format isn't all that great for long-winded discussions) I have returned, only to find that this site is WAAAAAY less active then I remember.

Like, I explicitly remember some really smart philosophy lover that only ever made debates on the ontological argument for God, and the debates in general were almost always extremely well put together and focused on big issues with lots of evidence for and against (i.e. gun control and prostitution).

I mean seriously, did the religious crazies get to everyone too, or did something happen, or what?

Around 7 months ago, the site started to break down because the owner of the site, Juggle, apparently no longer maintains it and has now abandoned it entirely. This has caused restlessness and unhappiness in users from all sections of this site, leading to many deactivations.

I think Juggle honestly went out of buisness

No, they definitely haven't. And if they did then the site wouldn't be running at all. They're just leeching off the ad money they get from this site and hope that airmax can maintain the site at least to prevent it from completely breaking down. They just don't want to put any time or effort into this site, it's just a steady income for them at this point that they don't care about.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:07:34 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 1:06:47 AM, themohawkninja wrote:
I explicitly remember some really smart philosophy lover that only ever made debates on the ontological argument for God, and the debates in general were almost always extremely well put together.

I'm thinking you're speaking of Ajab, but the last part throws me off... because I don't think he ever won them. However, anytime I hear ontological arguments for God I immediately think of Ajab, lol.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:17:28 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 1:45:30 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/21/2016 1:06:47 AM, themohawkninja wrote:
So, I used to be insanely active here two years ago, but all the crazy religious people that would rebuke your point by either citing the Bible, or their own made up dogma just kinda got to me. Now, due to my insatiable desire to debate people (and because YouTube's format isn't all that great for long-winded discussions) I have returned, only to find that this site is WAAAAAY less active then I remember.

Like, I explicitly remember some really smart philosophy lover that only ever made debates on the ontological argument for God, and the debates in general were almost always extremely well put together and focused on big issues with lots of evidence for and against (i.e. gun control and prostitution).

I mean seriously, did the religious crazies get to everyone too, or did something happen, or what?

Around 7 months ago, the site started to break down because the owner of the site, Juggle, apparently no longer maintains it and has now abandoned it entirely. This has caused restlessness and unhappiness in users from all sections of this site, leading to many deactivations.

The politics forum has been very active this month - much more than it's usually been for the past year and a half.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Raisor
Posts: 4,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:17:48 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 1:06:47 AM, themohawkninja wrote:
So, I used to be insanely active here two years ago, but all the crazy religious people that would rebuke your point by either citing the Bible, or their own made up dogma just kinda got to me. Now, due to my insatiable desire to debate people (and because YouTube's format isn't all that great for long-winded discussions) I have returned, only to find that this site is WAAAAAY less active then I remember.

Like, I explicitly remember some really smart philosophy lover that only ever made debates on the ontological argument for God, and the debates in general were almost always extremely well put together and focused on big issues with lots of evidence for and against (i.e. gun control and prostitution).

I mean seriously, did the religious crazies get to everyone too, or did something happen, or what?

lol yeah I don't think Contradiction is around anymore.

The site is still pretty active, but if you want some real activity the Religion forum is that way --->
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,848
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:19:28 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 3:17:28 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 2/21/2016 1:45:30 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/21/2016 1:06:47 AM, themohawkninja wrote:
So, I used to be insanely active here two years ago, but all the crazy religious people that would rebuke your point by either citing the Bible, or their own made up dogma just kinda got to me. Now, due to my insatiable desire to debate people (and because YouTube's format isn't all that great for long-winded discussions) I have returned, only to find that this site is WAAAAAY less active then I remember.

Like, I explicitly remember some really smart philosophy lover that only ever made debates on the ontological argument for God, and the debates in general were almost always extremely well put together and focused on big issues with lots of evidence for and against (i.e. gun control and prostitution).

I mean seriously, did the religious crazies get to everyone too, or did something happen, or what?

Around 7 months ago, the site started to break down because the owner of the site, Juggle, apparently no longer maintains it and has now abandoned it entirely. This has caused restlessness and unhappiness in users from all sections of this site, leading to many deactivations.

The politics forum has been very active this month - much more than it's usually been for the past year and a half.

It's also election year.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Peepette
Posts: 1,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:21:55 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 1:06:47 AM, themohawkninja wrote:
So, I used to be insanely active here two years ago, but all the crazy religious people that would rebuke your point by either citing the Bible, or their own made up dogma just kinda got to me. Now, due to my insatiable desire to debate people (and because YouTube's format isn't all that great for long-winded discussions) I have returned, only to find that this site is WAAAAAY less active then I remember.

Like, I explicitly remember some really smart philosophy lover that only ever made debates on the ontological argument for God, and the debates in general were almost always extremely well put together and focused on big issues with lots of evidence for and against (i.e. gun control and prostitution).

I mean seriously, did the religious crazies get to everyone too, or did something happen, or what?

The religious have taken overtaken a lot of what's going on. Check debates, mostly religious oriented.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:29:18 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 3:19:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/21/2016 3:17:28 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 2/21/2016 1:45:30 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/21/2016 1:06:47 AM, themohawkninja wrote:
So, I used to be insanely active here two years ago, but all the crazy religious people that would rebuke your point by either citing the Bible, or their own made up dogma just kinda got to me. Now, due to my insatiable desire to debate people (and because YouTube's format isn't all that great for long-winded discussions) I have returned, only to find that this site is WAAAAAY less active then I remember.

Like, I explicitly remember some really smart philosophy lover that only ever made debates on the ontological argument for God, and the debates in general were almost always extremely well put together and focused on big issues with lots of evidence for and against (i.e. gun control and prostitution).

I mean seriously, did the religious crazies get to everyone too, or did something happen, or what?

Around 7 months ago, the site started to break down because the owner of the site, Juggle, apparently no longer maintains it and has now abandoned it entirely. This has caused restlessness and unhappiness in users from all sections of this site, leading to many deactivations.

The politics forum has been very active this month - much more than it's usually been for the past year and a half.

It's also election year.

Activity is activity.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
CodingSource
Posts: 350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 5:45:36 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 1:06:47 AM, themohawkninja wrote:
So, I used to be insanely active here two years ago, but all the crazy religious people that would rebuke your point by either citing the Bible, or their own made up dogma just kinda got to me. Now, due to my insatiable desire to debate people (and because YouTube's format isn't all that great for long-winded discussions) I have returned, only to find that this site is WAAAAAY less active then I remember.

Like, I explicitly remember some really smart philosophy lover that only ever made debates on the ontological argument for God, and the debates in general were almost always extremely well put together and focused on big issues with lots of evidence for and against (i.e. gun control and prostitution).

I mean seriously, did the religious crazies get to everyone too, or did something happen, or what?

I just joined this site like two weeks ago and it is pretty hard for me to choose a topic to debate in. Don't worry, Briannj17, famousdebater, minddrag, CodingSource, among other good teenage debaters out there, are going to re-shape DDO like it is before or better. However, I think that there are a lot of debates right now that are senseless.
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 10:42:12 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 3:29:18 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 2/21/2016 3:19:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/21/2016 3:17:28 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 2/21/2016 1:45:30 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/21/2016 1:06:47 AM, themohawkninja wrote:
So, I used to be insanely active here two years ago, but all the crazy religious people that would rebuke your point by either citing the Bible, or their own made up dogma just kinda got to me. Now, due to my insatiable desire to debate people (and because YouTube's format isn't all that great for long-winded discussions) I have returned, only to find that this site is WAAAAAY less active then I remember.

Like, I explicitly remember some really smart philosophy lover that only ever made debates on the ontological argument for God, and the debates in general were almost always extremely well put together and focused on big issues with lots of evidence for and against (i.e. gun control and prostitution).

I mean seriously, did the religious crazies get to everyone too, or did something happen, or what?

Around 7 months ago, the site started to break down because the owner of the site, Juggle, apparently no longer maintains it and has now abandoned it entirely. This has caused restlessness and unhappiness in users from all sections of this site, leading to many deactivations.

The politics forum has been very active this month - much more than it's usually been for the past year and a half.

It's also election year.

Activity is activity.

That applies to most forums, though ones like the health forum only get pointless spam.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:42:21 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 1:06:47 AM, themohawkninja wrote:

Welcome back :) I remember you from back when I first joined the site.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:02:58 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/21/2016 1:45:30 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 2/21/2016 1:06:47 AM, themohawkninja wrote:
So, I used to be insanely active here two years ago, but all the crazy religious people that would rebuke your point by either citing the Bible, or their own made up dogma just kinda got to me. Now, due to my insatiable desire to debate people (and because YouTube's format isn't all that great for long-winded discussions) I have returned, only to find that this site is WAAAAAY less active then I remember.

Like, I explicitly remember some really smart philosophy lover that only ever made debates on the ontological argument for God, and the debates in general were almost always extremely well put together and focused on big issues with lots of evidence for and against (i.e. gun control and prostitution).

I mean seriously, did the religious crazies get to everyone too, or did something happen, or what?

Around 7 months ago, the site started to break down because the owner of the site, Juggle, apparently no longer maintains it and has now abandoned it entirely. This has caused restlessness and unhappiness in users from all sections of this site, leading to many deactivations.

This is very accurate, but there's more to the story.
Tsar of DDO