Jump to topic:

Formation of a DDO Media

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2010 6:36:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
We had a weak version of this last election but I think this time around we should get more serious with it. We need reporters, commentators and various organized outlets for keeping everyone informed on the events emerging on DDO, especially the election. Let's hear your input on the matter. Any volunteers?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2010 12:28:43 PM
The official Apathetic Party response to this is that we do not, in fact, need reporters, commentators or various organized outlets for keeping everyone informed on the events emerging on DDO, especially the election. Why? The election is a pointless endeavor (see: past elections despite legitimate effort) and DDO is simply a website where people should debate and interact for fun. This doesn't require reports where we note or comment on other people having fun. If there is something that people should know about DDO, they probably will know by coming across it themselves on the website. The AP feels this is a waste of time and effort, and will not do much to change or improve the quality of the site but does encourage individual initiatives to do other things that actually will improve the quality of the site, this not being one of them.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2010 12:30:58 PM
Additionally, the Apathetic Party would like to note that there is already a Facebook group for DDO, as well as a DDO Fan Page that you can Like and pass on to your friends. The fan page allows for discussion, wall interaction, pictures and other things. Moreover, the Presidential Candidate of the AP has discussed various methods of advertising and other outside media in e-mail correspondence with Phil, who informed her that changes to the site and other advertisement methods will be reconsidered once the site reaches 250,000 active members. In other words, these issues have already been discussed and somewhat resolved.
President of DDO
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2010 12:39:37 PM
If Freedo is the candidate for the party party i find it inappropriate for him to take on any role in the overall election other than running. It is inappropriate that a candidate would be able to name the date of the election as well. I would call for at least a single neutral party to moderate the election (not the site by the way).
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2010 12:44:30 PM
At 11/6/2010 12:39:37 PM, innomen wrote:
If Freedo is the candidate for the party party i find it inappropriate for him to take on any role in the overall election other than running. It is inappropriate that a candidate would be able to name the date of the election as well. I would call for at least a single neutral party to moderate the election (not the site by the way).

So you're saying that now I'm a candidate it wouldn't be right for me to continue organizing the election? You may be right. However, the media is separate from the election, that's why I put it in a different category.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2010 2:12:55 PM
At 11/6/2010 12:44:30 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/6/2010 12:39:37 PM, innomen wrote:

So you're saying that now I'm a candidate it wouldn't be right for me to continue organizing the election?

Absolutely.

By the way, as far as the Freedom Party is concerned:

A "media watchdog" for DDO is unnecessary. Anything that a person posts is easily visible on the forums or in debates--that is, all persons' actions are published prior to any media investigation (or twisting of the information). Of that information which isn't easily accessible (like PMs), I fail to see how the media would be able to get hold of all that sort of information.