Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Who will be the next imabench?

CodingSource
Posts: 350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 5:55:35 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I think that imabench is the King of Semantics. Now that he retired from debating, who will be the next in line?

My nominations:
- Jonbonbon
- Wylted

What about you? Who are your nominations?
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:45:52 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 5:55:35 AM, CodingSource wrote:
I think that imabench is the King of Semantics. Now that he retired from debating, who will be the next in line?

My nominations:
- Jonbonbon
- Wylted

What about you? Who are your nominations?

Vi_Spex, obviously.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
CodingSource
Posts: 350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 9:11:05 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:45:52 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Vi_Spex, obviously.

Okay. But this is the ranking of those semantics users (based on debates and their sense)
- Jonbonbon
- Wylted
- vi_spex
- Max.Wallace

Jonbonbon is close to imabench. They both logically refuted their opponent's points (whereas Jonbonbon used sources). And yeah, Jonbonbon is the Queen of Semantics haha!

Okay then. According to my ranking, it is now Wylted's era of being the new King of Semantics. Are there any more nominations?
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:18:22 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 9:11:05 AM, CodingSource wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:45:52 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Vi_Spex, obviously.

Okay. But this is the ranking of those semantics users (based on debates and their sense)
- Jonbonbon
- Wylted
- vi_spex
- Max.Wallace

Jonbonbon is close to imabench. They both logically refuted their opponent's points (whereas Jonbonbon used sources). And yeah, Jonbonbon is the Queen of Semantics haha!

Okay then. According to my ranking, it is now Wylted's era of being the new King of Semantics. Are there any more nominations?
Why do we need another one?
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:49:52 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I might host a tournament of semantic debaters only just to find out ;D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:50:24 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:49:52 PM, imabench wrote:
I might host a tournament of semantic debaters only/just to find out ;D

fixed
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
CodingSource
Posts: 350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 7:12:24 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I haven't really elaborated my post. I mean, the debaters that use semantics with sense, like imabench and Jonbonbon (that's why their King and Queen!).

Well, imabench is a semantics hall of famer after all :D
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:26:39 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 5:55:35 AM, CodingSource wrote:
I think that imabench is the King of Semantics. Now that he retired from debating, who will be the next in line?

My nominations:
- Jonbonbon
- Wylted

What about you? Who are your nominations?

If I know imabench, he himself will be the next imabench because he can't stay away from this website.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 1:23:34 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 11:26:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:
If I know imabench, he himself will be the next imabench because he can't stay away from this website.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
A_Poozer
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 3:17:38 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 11:26:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:55:35 AM, CodingSource wrote:
I think that imabench is the King of Semantics. Now that he retired from debating, who will be the next in line?

My nominations:
- Jonbonbon
- Wylted

What about you? Who are your nominations?

If I know imabench, he himself will be the next imabench because he can't stay away from this website.

He isn't leaving, he is simply retired from debating. And after 600 debates, who wouldn't?
If your reading sigs you must have an incredibly bad internet connection or are bored out of your mind.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 4:41:44 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 3:17:38 AM, A_Poozer wrote:
At 2/22/2016 11:26:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:55:35 AM, CodingSource wrote:
I think that imabench is the King of Semantics. Now that he retired from debating, who will be the next in line?

My nominations:
- Jonbonbon
- Wylted

What about you? Who are your nominations?

If I know imabench, he himself will be the next imabench because he can't stay away from this website.

He isn't leaving, he is simply retired from debating. And after 600 debates, who wouldn't?

Riiiiiiiight.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 5:00:01 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 4:41:44 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/23/2016 3:17:38 AM, A_Poozer wrote:
At 2/22/2016 11:26:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:55:35 AM, CodingSource wrote:
I think that imabench is the King of Semantics. Now that he retired from debating, who will be the next in line?

My nominations:
- Jonbonbon
- Wylted

What about you? Who are your nominations?

If I know imabench, he himself will be the next imabench because he can't stay away from this website.

He isn't leaving, he is simply retired from debating. And after 600 debates, who wouldn't?

Riiiiiiiight.

I have my reasons for wanting to walk away *from debating* after doing 600.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 5:01:27 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 5:00:01 AM, imabench wrote:
At 2/23/2016 4:41:44 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/23/2016 3:17:38 AM, A_Poozer wrote:
At 2/22/2016 11:26:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:55:35 AM, CodingSource wrote:
I think that imabench is the King of Semantics. Now that he retired from debating, who will be the next in line?

My nominations:
- Jonbonbon
- Wylted

What about you? Who are your nominations?

If I know imabench, he himself will be the next imabench because he can't stay away from this website.

He isn't leaving, he is simply retired from debating. And after 600 debates, who wouldn't?

Riiiiiiiight.

I have my reasons for wanting to walk away *from debating* after doing 600.....

I'm sure you do. But if never do another debate ever, I'd be quite surprised. You love it too much.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 5:10:16 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 5:01:27 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/23/2016 5:00:01 AM, imabench wrote:
At 2/23/2016 4:41:44 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/23/2016 3:17:38 AM, A_Poozer wrote:
At 2/22/2016 11:26:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:55:35 AM, CodingSource wrote:
I think that imabench is the King of Semantics. Now that he retired from debating, who will be the next in line?

My nominations:
- Jonbonbon
- Wylted

What about you? Who are your nominations?

If I know imabench, he himself will be the next imabench because he can't stay away from this website.

He isn't leaving, he is simply retired from debating. And after 600 debates, who wouldn't?

Riiiiiiiight.

I have my reasons for wanting to walk away *from debating* after doing 600.....

I'm sure you do. But if never do another debate ever, I'd be quite surprised. You love it too much.

I used to love it :P a lot has changed over the past few years
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 5:17:01 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 5:10:16 AM, imabench wrote:
At 2/23/2016 5:01:27 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/23/2016 5:00:01 AM, imabench wrote:
At 2/23/2016 4:41:44 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/23/2016 3:17:38 AM, A_Poozer wrote:
At 2/22/2016 11:26:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:55:35 AM, CodingSource wrote:
I think that imabench is the King of Semantics. Now that he retired from debating, who will be the next in line?

My nominations:
- Jonbonbon
- Wylted

What about you? Who are your nominations?

If I know imabench, he himself will be the next imabench because he can't stay away from this website.

He isn't leaving, he is simply retired from debating. And after 600 debates, who wouldn't?

Riiiiiiiight.

I have my reasons for wanting to walk away *from debating* after doing 600.....

I'm sure you do. But if never do another debate ever, I'd be quite surprised. You love it too much.

I used to love it :P a lot has changed over the past few years

You should have stopped at 666 instead.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 5:26:50 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 5:10:16 AM, imabench wrote:
I used to love it :P a lot has changed over the past few years

So I'm hearing.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
CodingSource
Posts: 350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 6:15:11 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
The next "imabench" debater. Who said that he is going to leave DDO?
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 6:28:58 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
The next imabench should be imabench as the ultimate troll.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 1:54:29 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 6:28:58 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
The next imabench should be imabench as the ultimate troll.

It sounds like something I would do wouldnt it XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
CodingSource
Posts: 350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 3:39:12 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 1:54:29 PM, imabench wrote:
At 2/23/2016 6:28:58 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
The next imabench should be imabench as the ultimate troll.

It sounds like something I would do wouldnt it XD

Hehe. It is not yet dying, Jonbonbon is still active.
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
CodingSource
Posts: 350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 5:37:15 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Looking at Wylted's profile, I can really see similarities between imabench and Wylted. Wylted can refute his opponent's arguments almost the same way as imabench's.
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...