Why no improvements?

Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 2:32:25 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Why does this forum never improve?

For example I'm supposed to get a "notification" when someone replies to any post I made, I never do (and I've checked my settings).

Why can't you add " 1 2 3 Next >>" buttons to the TOP of each page not just the bottom?

Why not do something about the mess that arises when a post begins to get close to or exceed the 8,000 chars limit? For example I've replied to posts that were large yet in the edit window I see LESS text than was in the post! i.e. it will truncate the post I'm trying to respond to. I'd happily edit out bits in the middle BUT the tail end of the post I'm responding to is lost and it becomes a hassle using copy/paste notepad etc.

It seems that NO improvements or fixes ever gate made - the site is stagnant and falling behind, compare it with more innovative sites like arguman and you'll see what I mean.

Harry.
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 3:11:51 PM
At 2/22/2016 2:32:25 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

For example I'm supposed to get a "notification" when someone replies to any post I made, I never do (and I've checked my settings).

Why can't you add " 1 2 3 Next >>" buttons to the TOP of each page not just the bottom?

Why not do something about the mess that arises when a post begins to get close to or exceed the 8,000 chars limit? For example I've replied to posts that were large yet in the edit window I see LESS text than was in the post! i.e. it will truncate the post I'm trying to respond to. I'd happily edit out bits in the middle BUT the tail end of the post I'm responding to is lost and it becomes a hassle using copy/paste notepad etc.

It seems that NO improvements or fixes ever gate made - the site is stagnant and falling behind, compare it with more innovative sites like arguman and you'll see what I mean.

Harry.

Juggle. That's why.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 5:16:49 PM
At 2/22/2016 2:32:25 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Harry.

At around 7 months ago, the site started to break down. It began with the polls section, and quite quickly the site became littered with bugs and glitches, becoming completely broken in some areas (some people can't even make polls). Then it spread and this site is nothing like what it used to be. Why? Juggle. They abandoned this site and are just making a steady income from the ads. They don't care, they wouldn't even do anything if airmax died.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
shawnkemp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 6:15:59 PM
Why not do something about the mess that arises when a post begins to get close to or exceed the 8,000 chars limit? For example I've replied to posts that were large yet in the edit window I see LESS text than was in the post! i.e. it will truncate the post I'm trying to respond to. I'd happily edit out bits in the middle BUT the tail end of the post I'm responding to is lost and it becomes a hassle using copy/paste notepad etc. http://www.assignmenthelperuk.co.uk...