Jump to topic:

A modist request

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 7:11:52 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Site issues have been part of my... Concern for some time. I have offered some best practices concepts, some ideas of how simple structure can help all stakeholders etc.

This is not glamorous discussion. It does not fill the desire to vent frustration, or defend shortcomings. It is about honest work between consumers and providers. It is, in a word, boring.

For all, any, who have no idea what I have talked about before, or where I am going with this, let me get down to it.

1) I think the perceived complexity of my previous posts frightens people to a concept that is older than dirt. Basics - we need a list of problems.
2) I am willing to turn the scattered complaints into a proper issues system (bug) with a little help from the active user base.
3). If/when this is understood, it becomes 'natural'. I am not Moderating' anything, just providing the model.
4) the reward for compliance is the structure itself. Now, I could write paragraphs about this, but am on my phone at a lunch meeting that will turn into a day meeting.

So,what is the request? Give me the problems. Yup,all of them. Tech, structural, improvements. Just start the rant. I will guide if this gains any traction, and explain along the way how a "complaint" turns into a request.

Anyone game?
U.n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 11:41:38 PM
I've only been a part of this site a few weeks and I have not yet run into any glitches. I was previously a part of a sports debate site (the now defunct SI FanNation) and that had a lot of glitches. But I digress...

The most significant culture shock to me is the general lack of voting. I realize that the Voting Thread exists to address that but it appears to be nothing more than a bandaid. You still ultimately end up with a flood of users needing to post their debate on said forum as a please don't let this end in another 0-0 tie. So I know I'm not alone when I say this site could use more active voter participation.

We don't need Juggle to help fix the vote drought. That's a site issue that we can all help to resolve.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 11:56:35 PM
At 2/23/2016 11:41:38 PM, U.n wrote:
I've only been a part of this site a few weeks and I have not yet run into any glitches. I was previously a part of a sports debate site (the now defunct SI FanNation) and that had a lot of glitches. But I digress...

The most significant culture shock to me is the general lack of voting. I realize that the Voting Thread exists to address that but it appears to be nothing more than a bandaid. You still ultimately end up with a flood of users needing to post their debate on said forum as a please don't let this end in another 0-0 tie. So I know I'm not alone when I say this site could use more active voter participation.

We don't need Juggle to help fix the vote drought. That's a site issue that we can all help to resolve.

BSH1and others are attempting to deal with voter issues (I may disagree with the approach, but trust their efforts). This is not about that issue.
U.n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 11:58:36 PM
At 2/23/2016 11:56:35 PM, TBR wrote:

BSH1and others are attempting to deal with voter issues (I may disagree with the approach, but trust their efforts). This is not about that issue.

Best of luck to you in your endeavors.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 11:59:45 PM
At 2/23/2016 11:58:36 PM, U.n wrote:
At 2/23/2016 11:56:35 PM, TBR wrote:

Best of luck to you in your endeavors.

Thanks, and welcome to the site.