Jump to topic:

Whatsup

OreosAreCool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 5:16:07 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Hey :) I'm a 17 year old who has recently found great interest in politics. I hope to learn alot from the debates here, and hopefully make some friends here as well haha.

Anyways thanks for reading this extremely brief introduction, and I hope to meet you again on this site :)
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 5:22:02 AM
At 2/28/2016 5:16:07 AM, OreosAreCool wrote:
Hey :) I'm a 17 year old who has recently found great interest in politics. I hope to learn alot from the debates here, and hopefully make some friends here as well haha.

Anyways thanks for reading this extremely brief introduction, and I hope to meet you again on this site :)

Welcome to DDO!!! :)
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
OreosAreCool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 5:29:29 AM
At 2/28/2016 5:22:02 AM, Rosalie wrote:

Welcome to DDO!!! :)

Thanks!
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 6:13:40 AM

I do hope you enjoy your time on the site

I suggest reading the links (after the first) in my signature. The new users guide is a fantastic resource, in which a simple CLTR+F will let you instantly find answers to most (not all) questions you're likely to have in your first weeks here. Plus it guides you around many pitfalls.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 6:35:27 AM

The best place to learn about politics, is the Cato institute.
CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 6:46:46 AM

Welcome to DDO mate.
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 7:28:41 AM

good to meet you its always amazking to meet new members who a dedicated to debate. If you have any questions about counterplans, argument strat, or kritiking, just hit me up. I myself just joined this community about a year ago and I love it.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 10:24:14 PM

Welcome.
OreosAreCool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 10:51:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys xD

@famousdebater thanks lol, its just a random username I came up with so I could put some comments on the polls quickly haha.

@TheJuniorVarsityNovice thanks, right now I'm just trying to get an idea of how the debate formats/structures work on this website.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 1:15:56 AM
At 2/29/2016 7:28:41 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
good to meet you its always amazking to meet new members who a dedicated to debate. If you have any questions about counterplans, argument strat, or kritiking, just hit me up. I myself just joined this community about a year ago and I love it.

Haven't seen you in awhile. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 1:16:12 AM

Welcome! :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 1:25:51 AM

Welcome :) Being a libertarian, I think we both could have had some nice conversations, but I'm leaving the site :(

Enjoy the site, it definitely was worth my time.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 4:06:19 AM
At 3/1/2016 8:21:37 PM, OreosAreCool wrote:

You are Libertarian? How nice. You and I ought to get along just fine. Welcome to DDO!
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.