Jump to topic:

Whatsup

OreosAreCool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 5:16:07 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Hey :) I'm a 17 year old who has recently found great interest in politics. I hope to learn alot from the debates here, and hopefully make some friends here as well haha.

Anyways thanks for reading this extremely brief introduction, and I hope to meet you again on this site :)
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 5:22:02 AM
At 2/28/2016 5:16:07 AM, OreosAreCool wrote:
Hey :) I'm a 17 year old who has recently found great interest in politics. I hope to learn alot from the debates here, and hopefully make some friends here as well haha.

Anyways thanks for reading this extremely brief introduction, and I hope to meet you again on this site :)

Welcome to DDO!!! :)
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

"I just fvcked you and you're mad....brat"- 16K
OreosAreCool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 5:29:29 AM
At 2/28/2016 5:22:02 AM, Rosalie wrote:

Welcome to DDO!!! :)

Thanks!
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 6:13:40 AM

I do hope you enjoy your time on the site

I suggest reading the links (after the first) in my signature. The new users guide is a fantastic resource, in which a simple CLTR+F will let you instantly find answers to most (not all) questions you're likely to have in your first weeks here. Plus it guides you around many pitfalls.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 6:35:27 AM

The best place to learn about politics, is the Cato institute.
CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 6:46:46 AM

Welcome to DDO mate.
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 7:28:41 AM

good to meet you its always amazking to meet new members who a dedicated to debate. If you have any questions about counterplans, argument strat, or kritiking, just hit me up. I myself just joined this community about a year ago and I love it.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 10:24:14 PM

Welcome.
OreosAreCool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 10:51:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys xD

@famousdebater thanks lol, its just a random username I came up with so I could put some comments on the polls quickly haha.

@TheJuniorVarsityNovice thanks, right now I'm just trying to get an idea of how the debate formats/structures work on this website.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 1:15:56 AM
At 2/29/2016 7:28:41 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
good to meet you its always amazking to meet new members who a dedicated to debate. If you have any questions about counterplans, argument strat, or kritiking, just hit me up. I myself just joined this community about a year ago and I love it.

Haven't seen you in awhile. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 1:16:12 AM

Welcome! :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 1:25:51 AM

Welcome :) Being a libertarian, I think we both could have had some nice conversations, but I'm leaving the site :(

Enjoy the site, it definitely was worth my time.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 4:06:19 AM
At 3/1/2016 8:21:37 PM, OreosAreCool wrote:

You are Libertarian? How nice. You and I ought to get along just fine. Welcome to DDO!
Donald invictus, deliver and be tart and huge by narrow.

"Especially so, but considering the nature of nuclear warheads, it's probably more like atomic annihilation than triple homicide." -Yours Truly

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity.