Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

Microsoft Edge (a warning)

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 2:57:46 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
So on my new computer I tried out the "new" default browser. Long story short, it's back to Chrome for me.

On DDO in particular, Microsoft Edge could not handle my habit of operating in multiple tabs simultaneously. It repeatedly cleared out text input boxes as I moved between tabs to copy things. To make matters worse, it does not reliably copy/paste text between tabs.

Plus maybe Chrome has spoiled me, but the search functionality is missing. In Chrome I can highlight any text, and instantly search for it. In Edge you have to copy/paste it (which is unreliable) into a search box. For DDO that is a nightmare, for starters the best way to check for plagiarism in arguments is doing web searches for different sections of their text.
Unofficial DDO Guide:
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards:

And please disable Smart-Quotes:
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 7:37:31 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 2/28/2016 7:17:23 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
I've also heard Chrome is benchmarked to be slightly higher performing than Edge too.

This should be in the tech forum, but...

1) Chrome DOES test out better generally speaking
2) Edge is SCREAMING fast when running ja<x>vascript. Like kicking Chrom's a$$
3) There is virtually NO Chrome installation in the wild that operates as clean as tested. That is, Chrome is suffering from extension bloat on almost every installation that exists in use

Edge is not perfect, but it is the best new thing in browsers since the introduction of Chrome. Yea, I am still a daily user of Chrome (better development tools, and said extension bloat that I need), but out of the box, Edge is a terrific browser for most users.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 6:14:44 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Firefox is better. You can drag images to the rich text editor.
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: