Jump to topic:

Board for Political Correctnes(BPC)

gizmo1650
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 1:47:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
As many of you know, there a new orginization has resantly been created, the BDA http://www.debate.org... while i think this is a great idea, it is limited at regulating the quality of debates to conform to its own standards. My organization, the Board for Political Correctness (BPC) will work with the BDA to ensure a safe and insular community for you.
Please post with any questions you might have
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 1:49:21 PM
http://www.debate.org...
This Is All I Have To Say . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 2:00:42 PM
At 11/7/2010 1:47:47 PM, gizmo1650 wrote:
As many of you know, there a new orginization has resantly been created, the BDA http://www.debate.org... while i think this is a great idea, it is limited at regulating the quality of debates to conform to its own standards. My organization, the Board for Political Correctness (BPC) will work with the BDA to ensure a safe and insular community for you.

I want to make sure, before I give our support, that these "standards" of political correctness are thorough. The unnamed people that I represent would like the following standards of PC to be enforced, by votebombing, reporting errant members, and long tirades in the forums if necessary:

1. No discrimination against people of gender by use of the s@xist pronouns "he" she" "his" "hers" "male" "female" "men" or "women".

2. No comparison of various member's intellects, skills in debating, writing, spelling, grammar, thinking, logic or other such ephemeral characteristics. Members must not be accused of having worse-than-normal status in any such area.

Others to be added later, as my unnamed backers let me know.

However, on the surface, it sounds like a great idea. I'm certain that, working alongside sac8's organization, we can create an environment where all the debates WILL come up to our stringent standards, or we will know why.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 2:03:13 PM
At 11/7/2010 2:00:42 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 11/7/2010 1:47:47 PM, gizmo1650 wrote:

I want to make sure, before I give our support, that these "standards" of political correctness are thorough. The unnamed people that I represent would like the following standards of PC to be enforced, by votebombing, reporting errant members, and long tirades in the forums if necessary:

1. No discrimination against people of gender by use of the s@xist pronouns "he" she" "his" "hers" "male" "female" "men" or "women".

2. No comparison of various member's intellects, skills in debating, writing, spelling, grammar, thinking, logic or other such ephemeral characteristics. Members must not be accused of having worse-than-normal status in any such area.

Others to be added later, as my unnamed backers let me know.

However, on the surface, it sounds like a great idea. I'm certain that, working alongside sac8's organization, we can create an environment where all the debates WILL come up to our stringent standards, or we will know why.

Hilarious. I would still like to understand why people think we will work with each other ;)
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 2:03:15 PM
This is tyranny . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 2:09:25 PM
At 11/7/2010 2:03:15 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
This is tyranny . . .

No, but it IS very funny.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 2:10:00 PM
At 11/7/2010 2:03:13 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Hilarious. I would still like to understand why people think we will work with each other ;)

I don't think anyone actually does. :)
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 2:10:55 PM
At 11/7/2010 2:10:00 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

I thought you used to be a cool and nice guy, but it seems that you are a little irritable today ...
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 2:15:59 PM
At 11/7/2010 2:10:55 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

I thought you used to be a cool and nice guy, but it seems that you are a little irritable today ...

I am overreacting, I guess. Just rubs me the wrong way for someone to assume authority that they don't have.

At the moment, though, I'm finding all these "boards" to be quite hilarious. I probably should stop now, before I get myself in trouble.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 2:17:29 PM
At 11/7/2010 2:15:59 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

I am overreacting, I guess. Just rubs me the wrong way for someone to assume authority that they don't have.

At the moment, though, I'm finding all these "boards" to be quite hilarious. I probably should stop now, before I get myself in trouble.

Lol - these boards are all supposed to be funny.

You guys insult me, but don't realize what fun I have provided!
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 2:18:15 PM
At 11/7/2010 2:03:55 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 11/7/2010 2:03:15 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
This is tyranny . . .

For once you are right.

I was also right about KFC having the secret to cure cancer!
Minister Of Trolling
:
gizmo1650
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 3:00:16 PM
At 11/7/2010 2:17:29 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 11/7/2010 2:15:59 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

Lol - these boards are all supposed to be funny.

You guys insult me, but don't realize what fun I have provided!

We do realize how much fun you provided, and to think we all thought you were just taking up space.

On to more official bussness, i find your use of the word "guys" potenially offecnces, it is possible that their are girls, transgender and/or genderless entities present, so i cannot give my boards support to you