Total Posts:71|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Seriously?

famousdebater
Posts: 3,938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:44:48 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I'm having the HTTP 500 error again and I can't access debates or people's profiles. Is this just me or is this happening more and more often?
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Vaarka
Posts: 7,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:46:24 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:44:48 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I'm having the HTTP 500 error again and I can't access debates or people's profiles. Is this just me or is this happening more and more often?

Anyone willing to go find out how many threads like this have been made?

And it doesn't happen too often for me, but then again, I don't really debate, nor visit profiles very often.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
famousdebater
Posts: 3,938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:48:39 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:46:24 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:44:48 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I'm having the HTTP 500 error again and I can't access debates or people's profiles. Is this just me or is this happening more and more often?

Anyone willing to go find out how many threads like this have been made?

It wasn't that long ago that the first two pages of this forums were filled with threads entirely related to glitches. That was during to period of the ff glitch and the HTTP 500 glitch and the HTTP 550 glitch. So yeah, I'm guessing there's been quite a lot.

And it doesn't happen too often for me, but then again, I don't really debate, nor visit profiles very often.

It happens like every 2 weeks for me.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Vaarka
Posts: 7,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:50:07 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:48:39 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:46:24 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:44:48 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I'm having the HTTP 500 error again and I can't access debates or people's profiles. Is this just me or is this happening more and more often?

Anyone willing to go find out how many threads like this have been made?

It wasn't that long ago that the first two pages of this forums were filled with threads entirely related to glitches. That was during to period of the ff glitch and the HTTP 500 glitch and the HTTP 550 glitch. So yeah, I'm guessing there's been quite a lot.

You know a glitch is bad when it's mentioned twice in the same sentence as if it were two different things...

And it doesn't happen too often for me, but then again, I don't really debate, nor visit profiles very often.

It happens like every 2 weeks for me.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
famousdebater
Posts: 3,938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:50:55 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:50:07 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:48:39 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:46:24 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:44:48 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I'm having the HTTP 500 error again and I can't access debates or people's profiles. Is this just me or is this happening more and more often?

Anyone willing to go find out how many threads like this have been made?

It wasn't that long ago that the first two pages of this forums were filled with threads entirely related to glitches. That was during to period of the ff glitch and the HTTP 500 glitch and the HTTP 550 glitch. So yeah, I'm guessing there's been quite a lot.

You know a glitch is bad when it's mentioned twice in the same sentence as if it were two different things...

yeah

And it doesn't happen too often for me, but then again, I don't really debate, nor visit profiles very often.

It happens like every 2 weeks for me.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Vaarka
Posts: 7,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:53:45 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:51:34 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I have debate arguments due.

Try using a different browser
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
famousdebater
Posts: 3,938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:54:56 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:53:45 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:51:34 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I have debate arguments due.

Try using a different browser

I've tried that. In fact I've even tried a different computer. Didn't work.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Posts: 3,938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:55:51 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:53:45 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Wait a sec. Are you experiencing this glitch or is this just me?
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Vaarka
Posts: 7,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:56:19 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:54:56 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:53:45 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:51:34 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I have debate arguments due.

Try using a different browser

I've tried that. In fact I've even tried a different computer. Didn't work.

Turn it off and back on?
Kick it?
Log out and back in?
Leave a comment on another debate and try again?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Posts: 7,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:56:52 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:55:51 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:53:45 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Wait a sec. Are you experiencing this glitch or is this just me?

Yep...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
famousdebater
Posts: 3,938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:57:34 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:56:19 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:54:56 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:53:45 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:51:34 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I have debate arguments due.

Try using a different browser

I've tried that. In fact I've even tried a different computer. Didn't work.

Turn it off and back on?

Tried it.

Kick it?

Not gonna try that. My parents will get mad.

Log out and back in?

Tried that.

Leave a comment on another debate and try again?

I can't access any debates or anybody's profile. How can I leave a comment on another debate?
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Posts: 3,938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:58:27 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:56:52 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:55:51 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:53:45 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Wait a sec. Are you experiencing this glitch or is this just me?

Yep...

What do you mean when you say yep? Do you mean 'yep' you're experiencing the glitch or 'yep' it's just me?
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Vaarka
Posts: 7,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:59:44 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:58:27 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:56:52 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:55:51 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:53:45 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Wait a sec. Are you experiencing this glitch or is this just me?

Yep...

What do you mean when you say yep? Do you mean 'yep' you're experiencing the glitch or 'yep' it's just me?

I can't look at profiles, so I'm experiencing it too
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:59:59 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:44:48 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I'm having the HTTP 500 error again and I can't access debates or people's profiles. Is this just me or is this happening more and more often?

I am not getting any 500s right now, however, only testing on profiles.
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
Posts: 146
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 3:00:59 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:58:27 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:56:52 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:55:51 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:53:45 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Wait a sec. Are you experiencing this glitch or is this just me?

Yep...

What do you mean when you say yep? Do you mean 'yep' you're experiencing the glitch or 'yep' it's just me?

Agreed.

If you're worried about losing an argument, make a forum topic and post it, then link to it later when the debate comes up.

As a voter, I will absolutely forgive a forfeit in those conditions.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 3:01:33 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:59:59 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:44:48 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I'm having the HTTP 500 error again and I can't access debates or people's profiles. Is this just me or is this happening more and more often?

I am not getting any 500s right now, however, only testing on profiles.

I've just got the "Oops!" thing, and I'm assuming that's the 500s
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
famousdebater
Posts: 3,938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 3:02:40 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 3:01:33 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:59:59 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:44:48 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I'm having the HTTP 500 error again and I can't access debates or people's profiles. Is this just me or is this happening more and more often?

I am not getting any 500s right now, however, only testing on profiles.

I've just got the "Oops!" thing, and I'm assuming that's the 500s

yep, that's it.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Vaarka
Posts: 7,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 3:03:13 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 3:02:40 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 3:01:33 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:59:59 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:44:48 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I'm having the HTTP 500 error again and I can't access debates or people's profiles. Is this just me or is this happening more and more often?

I am not getting any 500s right now, however, only testing on profiles.

I've just got the "Oops!" thing, and I'm assuming that's the 500s

yep, that's it.

Then yes, I've got it too.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
famousdebater
Posts: 3,938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 3:03:46 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 3:00:59 PM, diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:58:27 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:56:52 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:55:51 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:53:45 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Wait a sec. Are you experiencing this glitch or is this just me?

Yep...

What do you mean when you say yep? Do you mean 'yep' you're experiencing the glitch or 'yep' it's just me?

Agreed.

If you're worried about losing an argument, make a forum topic and post it, then link to it later when the debate comes up.

As a voter, I will absolutely forgive a forfeit in those conditions.

Some voters do but the thing is - not all voters do which is problematic. Furthermore, it's the rebuttals round so how can I respond to what he has said if I can't even see what he's written?
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Posts: 3,938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 3:04:41 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:59:59 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:44:48 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I'm having the HTTP 500 error again and I can't access debates or people's profiles. Is this just me or is this happening more and more often?

I am not getting any 500s right now, however, only testing on profiles.

Maybe it's different because I'm in the UK. But idk, maybe you'll get it in a bit.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 3:19:32 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Didn't see this thread -- same issue on my side.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
Posts: 146
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 3:19:57 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 3:04:41 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:59:59 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:44:48 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I'm having the HTTP 500 error again and I can't access debates or people's profiles. Is this just me or is this happening more and more often?

I am not getting any 500s right now, however, only testing on profiles.

Maybe it's different because I'm in the UK. But idk, maybe you'll get it in a bit.

I can get to profile/debates with mobile, not PC. You don't want to type an arg on mobile, but you can at least see what your opponent wrote.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 3:20:50 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 3:04:41 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:59:59 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:44:48 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I'm having the HTTP 500 error again and I can't access debates or people's profiles. Is this just me or is this happening more and more often?

I am not getting any 500s right now, however, only testing on profiles.

Maybe it's different because I'm in the UK. But idk, maybe you'll get it in a bit.

How long until your argument is due?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
Posts: 146
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 3:22:27 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 3:20:50 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/9/2016 3:04:41 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:59:59 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:44:48 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I'm having the HTTP 500 error again and I can't access debates or people's profiles. Is this just me or is this happening more and more often?

I am not getting any 500s right now, however, only testing on profiles.

Maybe it's different because I'm in the UK. But idk, maybe you'll get it in a bit.

How long until your argument is due?

I know.. he can read the argument on mobile, type it up on the computer. Email or share in Google drive. Copy/paste it on the phone or tablet. Voila! No forfeit.
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 4:26:13 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:54:56 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:53:45 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/9/2016 2:51:34 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I have debate arguments due.

Try using a different browser

I've tried that. In fact I've even tried a different computer. Didn't work.

Try using https, instead of http. You should be able to access most of the site that way.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 5:09:19 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:44:48 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I'm having the HTTP 500 error again and I can't access debates or people's profiles. Is this just me or is this happening more and more often?

Why is this surprising to you?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Posts: 23,021
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 5:22:10 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:44:48 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I'm having the HTTP 500 error again and I can't access debates or people's profiles. Is this just me or is this happening more and more often?

And we weren't even debating this time.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~