DDO TEA TIME: Tabloid Edition Vol. III

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 6:24:31 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Ladies & Gentlemen,

The team here at DDO Tea Time have been in the battlefields all day. Amid the craziness that is DDO right now, we are here to report the most important of current events! Without further ado, I present DDO Tea Time: Tabloid Edition!!!! (Vol. III)

Have we finally Stumped the Trump?!

It was once an accepted fact that Mikal is DDO's Trump. However, there has been a recent shift in the tides and Mikal was quickly usurped of that title to be replaced by the one and only YYW. This change was not one that was given without opposition of course. Prominent Trump supporters quickly pointed out how YYW wasn't worthy of such a title due to various reasons including the fact that he's never run for president, or garnered the support of the religious forums such as the real Trump with Sarah Palin. However, the title stuck and YYW was quickly promoted to the status of DDO's Trump. Yet all was not well, almost as quickly as he became Trump he was stumped, and was quickly exiled into the barren wastelands of Google Hangouts and Edeb8.

So what is to come of our new Trump? Will he return stronger than ever before? Will he return and set fire to the world? Only time will tell folks, so stay tuned as this story develops!

Will the Real Vice President please stand up??

This story is by no means a new one, but is one that deserves some final closure. In the months that passed, we, the people of DDO, were tossed into the cross-fire between the President's choice of VP, and the VP who garnered the most votes in the election - Zaradi and Thett. This was a situation that never before plagued us, a situation that made us weigh the Presidents choice against the Peoples choice. In the end, there was no clear conclusion. Thus, we here at DDO Tea Time had to ask ourselves - what happened?! What was the result? In order to know, we decided to reach out to both members for personal statements. What we found was mind-blowing. The following is what these two great men had to say on the matter:

Thett - "Pffft. Who is Zaradi? I've never heard of that bum. I run this show, just look at the politics section, it's all me babyyy!!"

Zaradi - "Have you seen me on the site lately? No. After the recent controversy I decided to return to my homeland of Peru to pursue my life-long dream of raising abused Llamas. I was truly inspired by the movie Napoleon Dynamite, but this controversy really solidified my choice to return to my animal-raising roots. Our farm is looking great by the way."

So there you have it folks, Thett has annexed the politics section and Zaradi has returned to Peru to raise abused Llamas. Case closed... for now.

Wylted vs. Bsh1 2016

Well folks, it's official - our fellow member Wylted has once again announced his intention to run for the Presidency. For those who forgot, he nearly won the election in the last cycle - and was only short by roughly 4 votes; about 1-2% of the vote. So what does this mean? We think that's simple - it means we're in for one hell of a race! Both candidates have some strong foundations to stand upon. In a recent poll it was revealed that Bsh1 already has about 45% of the popular vote in terms of support for a 3rd term. So Wylted clearly has his work cut-out for him. However, with the results of the last election still fresh in our minds, I think it's safe to say that this will, most certainly, be an election for the record books!

As it stands, Bsh1 has yet to announce if he'll officially run again, nor has he announced who his VP would be. Wylted has officially announced his intention to run again, and has announced that Rosalie will be his running mate. We here at DDO Tea Time are clearly biased towards Rosalie since she is our one and only true love, our queen, our Cleopatra. Will her army of fanboys smite those who oppose her VP role? Only time will tell.... so again, we'll be staying tuned to this story folks, so you should too!!

Religious forums... WTF happened?!

Here at DDO Tea Time the team always tries to push our boundaries, explore new lands, and expose the unexposable. Recently we ventured into the no man's land known simply as the religion sub-forum, what we found rocked us to our very core. Almost immediately we were greeted by a man who claimed to be God. The one and only. Not only that, but he was also "the divine truth between all religions" - however, when challenged with the question of what his/God's favorite animal was, he was instantly exposed as a fraud. His response was "Dogs" since all dogs go to heaven. We here at DDO Tea Time know better though, since the True God of Mankind favors Cats above all else. Fraud #1, exposed.

We ventured onward though, unshaken in our pursuit to explore this no man's land. Soon enough we ran into a young man claiming to be the Anti-Christ. How fortunate, our first run-in was with God and now it's with the Anti-Christ! However, he too was exposed as a fraud by failing to answer the question of what miracles he can perform. He quickly counter-claimed that he was merely one of many Anti-Christs in this world, a minor one. Who knew there was a hierarchy?! We begged of him to bring us to his leader, who was none other than (redacted by the DDO Elite). What a turn of events, to think that (redacted by the DDO Elite) was the true Anti-Christ this whole time! Crazy to think that the site is run by him in an official capacity too...

After the shock wore off we quickly decided to flee this land. Clearly it is a haven for the mad, the deranged, the disillusioned. There were some rays of hope within this land, but far too few. We here at DDO Tea Time officially declare the Religion sub-forum as a lost cause. It has devolved into a land of madness, and there is but one solution - complete and absolute nuclear obliteration. We've never before condoned the end-all solution, but we feel at this point that it is necessary. We urge those in power to consider a complete wash of this section, and caution anyone brave enough to venture into that land while equipped with reason and logic. Those weapons are mere toys to these monsters.

Follow up story - Food recommendations for Flame Wars pt. II

With the fact being that flame-wars will never cease to be, we must ask ourselves - what can we munch on while enjoying the show? In the last feature we discussed 3 excellent options: Popcorn, Candy, and Turkey.

This time I'd like to explore our drink options:

1) Beer. Nothing is worse than following a flame war only to come across a post so incredibly dumb, infuriating, or absurd that you couldn't hold back from jumping in. However, because of cowardice or wisdom, you just couldn't bring yourself to do so. Well, look no further! The best solution for that is beer. Just throw back a couple cold ones and soon enough you'll be flaming with the best of them! Reason? Logic? Who needs those silly things in the midst of a flame war? No-one, that's who.

2) Soda. Similar to beer, soda can cause an emotional change that provides the fuel to throw yourself into the fire. It can also improve the intensity of your laughing as you read through the countless posts of nonsense due to the sugar found in most sodas.

3) Water. During times of trials and tribulations, one must stay hydrated. This is key to sustaining a good, lasting flame war. With countless people coming at you, you'll need all the nutrition you can have, and nothing beats dehydration like good ole' water. So remember, if in the midst of a valiant battle, always stay hydrated, always keep water nearby.

-----------------------------------------------------------

And with that said folks, that is all for this volume. Please stay tuned for our next edition!

Vol. 1 - http://www.debate.org...

Vol. 2 - http://www.debate.org...
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 8:00:48 PM
I give this tabloid a 8/10. Where are the juicy paparazzi pics and the evidence that Airmax is really (censored by the DDO Elite)?
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 8:01:45 PM
Poor Zaradi....lol
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 8:07:22 PM
Nothing on my return?

A plague on both your houses! Yada, yada, yada, etc.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 8:09:21 PM
At 3/14/2016 6:24:31 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Ladies & Gentlemen,

The only people who can be Trump on this site are those who haven't been stumped once, and those who are manipulative with fire in their hearts.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 8:10:17 PM
Wait a minute.......I thought Zaradi went to live with the Axolotls..... -.-
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

SactownBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 8:11:00 PM

With the fact being that flame-wars will never cease to be, we must ask ourselves - what can we munch on while enjoying the show? In the last feature we discussed 3 excellent options: Popcorn, Candy, and Turkey.

1) Beer. Nothing is worse than following a flame war only to come across a post so incredibly dumb, infuriating, or absurd that you couldn't hold back from jumping in. However, because of cowardice or wisdom, you just couldn't bring yourself to do so. Well, look no further! The best solution for that is beer. Just throw back a couple cold ones and soon enough you'll be flaming with the best of them! Reason? Logic? Who needs those silly things in the midst of a flame war? No-one, that's who.

2) Soda. Similar to beer, soda can cause an emotional change that provides the fuel to throw yourself into the fire. It can also improve the intensity of your laughing as you read through the countless posts of nonsense due to the sugar found in most sodas.

3) Water. During times of trials and tribulations, one must stay hydrated. This is key to sustaining a good, lasting flame war. With countless people coming at you, you'll need all the nutrition you can have, and nothing beats dehydration like good ole' water. So remember, if in the midst of a valiant battle, always stay hydrated, always keep water nearby.

And with that said folks, that is all for this volume. Please stay tuned for our next edition!

Who do you get to buy your beer for you? I know you're only 26, but you're obviously unemployed. I bet your mommy who allows you to stay at home while you pursue "academic" pursuits (ie being a professional student) too scared to go out into the world and get a real job.

Probably buys you the cheapshit anyway.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 2:27:16 AM
At 3/14/2016 8:00:48 PM, SolonKR wrote:
I give this tabloid a 8/10. Where are the juicy paparazzi pics and the evidence that Airmax is really (censored by the DDO Elite)?

This tabloid is easily an 8.5/10, I resent you for holding back that .5
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 2:28:53 AM
At 3/14/2016 8:07:22 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Nothing on my return?

I was tempted, but the last tabloid edition had a feature on your return back then. You can only come and go so many times before it becomes old news ;p
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 2:35:37 AM
At 3/15/2016 2:28:53 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/14/2016 8:07:22 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Nothing on my return?

I was tempted, but the last tabloid edition had a feature on your return back then. You can only come and go so many times before it becomes old news ;p

Well, maybe I'll come and go a few more times.

#diminishingreturnsdoesntexist
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 2:37:32 AM
At 3/14/2016 8:11:00 PM, SactownBoom wrote:

Who do you get to buy your beer for you? I know you're only 26, but you're obviously unemployed. I bet your mommy who allows you to stay at home while you pursue "academic" pursuits (ie being a professional student) too scared to go out into the world and get a real job.

Probably buys you the cheapshit anyway.

ooohhhh, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, lmao.

Let's work through this though - obviously I buy my own beer since I'm the legal age to do so. Yuengling is actually my preference, I enjoy a nice, cold lager. Also, totally not unemployed, that'd be awesome though if I was, I do miss home-cooked meals and living rent-free. Enjoy that while it lasts, seriously. Also, not really pursuing anything in the academic world - going to law school. So, someday, if you get into a car accident - holla at your boy. I'll take care of your hospital fees as fast as I remove your shitty debate votes.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 3:04:16 AM
I'd give it 9.3 out of 10.

And what about my reaching the front page of the leaderboards? That was the second biggest thing this week :(
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 3:26:00 AM
At 3/15/2016 3:04:16 AM, Hayd wrote:

And what about my reaching the front page of the leaderboards? That was the second biggest thing this week :(

Which leader-board? The only three that matter are the debate, voting, and judges leader-board. I'm on the front page of all 3, and even hold the top spot in one of them. I'm a triple-threat, as is anyone who has reached the front page on all 3.

You are worthy though, you have what it takes. Reach the front page on all 3, then meet me at the peak of the mountain. We shall reach enlightenment together, with the rest of the true DDO Elite.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 3:27:56 AM
At 3/15/2016 3:26:00 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Which leader-board? The only three that matter are the debate, voting, and judges leader-board. I'm on the front page of all 3, and even hold the top spot in one of them. I'm a triple-threat, as is anyone who has reached the front page on all 3.

http://giphy.com...

You are worthy though, you have what it takes. Reach the front page on all 3, then meet me at the peak of the mountain. We shall reach enlightenment together, with the rest of the true DDO Elite.

Well, I met the debate leaderboard. And voting shouldn't necessarily count, since that is reached through quantity not quality. I give quality.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 3:40:37 AM
At 3/15/2016 3:38:20 AM, U.n wrote:
Flame wars...

Sounds like two feather boa wearing twinks engaging in a slap fight.

Lmao!

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 3:42:56 AM
At 3/15/2016 3:27:56 AM, Hayd wrote:

https://i.imgflip.com...

Well, I met the debate leaderboard. And voting shouldn't necessarily count, since that is reached through quantity not quality. I give quality.

I like you. Any man who admits he prefers quality over quantity is good in my book.

Congrats on hitting the front page of the debate leader-board though, that actually is a big achievement - I totally remember when I hit that mark. Keep it up man!
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 3:57:34 AM
At 3/15/2016 3:42:56 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/15/2016 3:27:56 AM, Hayd wrote:

https://i.imgflip.com...

I like you. Any man who admits he prefers quality over quantity is good in my book.

Congrats on hitting the front page of the debate leader-board though, that actually is a big achievement - I totally remember when I hit that mark. Keep it up man!

(: