Jump to topic:

DDO election and update

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 5:34:50 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
So I just wanted to note a couple things.

1) DDO Elections

The DDO Presidential Election will be held the first weekend of July. The election following that will be held the first weekend of January. This should make following the end of the campaign season and the actual voting, a bit more convenient for many people.

2) Please sign up for the DDO Champions League

https://www.debate.org...

Sign ups are closing very soon... and it'd be nice to get a few more spots filled... So sign up now!

thanks
Debate.org Moderator
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 5:44:02 AM
At 3/15/2016 5:34:50 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

1) DDO Elections

The DDO Presidential Election will be held the first weekend of July. The election following that will be held the first weekend of January. This should make following the end of the campaign season and the actual voting, a bit more convenient for many people.

Sign ups are closing very soon... and it'd be nice to get a few more spots filled... So sign up now!

thanks

Do you have an opinion on DDO presidential term limits?

Also, I'm not sure if the tournament can technically be called a Champions League if I'm not in it. Can we look into calling it something more appropriate (e.g., The Average League)?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 5:57:26 AM
At 3/15/2016 5:44:02 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:34:50 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

1) DDO Elections

thanks

Do you have an opinion on DDO presidential term limits?

I think 2 terms is probably best... though that's not something I'm strongly opinionated about.

Also, I'm not sure if the tournament can technically be called a Champions League if I'm not in it. Can we look into calling it something more appropriate (e.g., The Average League)?

Well I think the solution is for you to join the league then... Spiderman said that if you joined he'd strongly consider it
Debate.org Moderator
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 6:07:55 AM
I just immigrated to this site, what do I need to do to become a citizen so I can vote in the election?

Seriously though, maybe you should require some kinda "citizenship", so socks aren't made to disrupt the voting process.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 6:12:56 AM
At 3/15/2016 6:07:55 AM, Emmarie wrote:
I just immigrated to this site, what do I need to do to become a citizen so I can vote in the election?

Seriously though, maybe you should require some kinda "citizenship", so socks aren't made to disrupt the voting process.

The member's account must have 2 months minimum of membership on the site, and must also meet just one of the following bullet points:

- 1,000 posts
- 5 debates without any forfeits AND 100 posts
- 3 debates without any forfeits AND 50 poll or opinion topics/questions that haven't been deleted by mods AND 100 posts
- 500 posts AND 50 poll or opinion topics/questions that haven't been deleted by mods
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 6:16:24 AM
At 3/15/2016 6:12:56 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

The member's account must have 2 months minimum of membership on the site, and must also meet just one of the following bullet points:

- 1,000 posts
- 3 debates without any forfeits AND 50 poll or opinion topics/questions that haven't been deleted by mods AND 100 posts
- 500 posts AND 50 poll or opinion topics/questions that haven't been deleted by mods
oh so I really am still on immigrant status then :(
hopefully I can become a citizen by then
RainbowDash52
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 3:47:01 PM
At 3/15/2016 6:16:24 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 3/15/2016 6:12:56 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

- 1,000 posts
oh so I really am still on immigrant status then :(
hopefully I can become a citizen by then

Just repeatedly post in this thread until you reach the minimum post requirement: http://www.debate.org...

also the 5 debate requirement isn't hard. You can accept debates from Vi_Spex or instigate short debates not caring if you lose and you can reach the debate minimum easy.

.Just make sure you reach the requirements BEFORE the voting starts, since last time I checked you can't reach the requirements during the voting period to qualify to vote.